Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 17 results

1. Well, after owning the '99 since....'99, I think I am now done with the engine chrome. Unless something else shows up. Diamond cut fins, balled milled twinky covers, carb covers and air breather covers. The twinky covers were here when I got home today. I'm happy with it.
  2. I've noticed oil on the tip of my kickstand. Anyone else had this? I just figure it is from some breather tube that comes out there. Anything I should be concerned with?
  3. /Users/talonsx2/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2012/05/22/20120522-205256/IMG_1654.JPG ARGH So I wanted to post a pic but I don't think that worked...Anywho I have put the bike completely back together (2nd gear) and even synched the carbs. The day I synced the carbs it ran great (2 weeks ago). Took it out today and it isn't the same as before...It just isn't running right today? (cant assume full power?) I will try a re-synch tomorrow but I have a question for you. There is a tube that connects to the bottom of the air box and goes down to the breather but this tube connects to a T joint before it hits the breather, and another hose comes out and connects to something? Does anyone know what that something is? (FYI, its not the coolant hose coming out of the breather). Thanks in advance for deciphering this more than confusing post.. Keep the rubber on the road.
  4. My breather plug is seeping on my '89....I noticed in the shop manual this plug can be replaced.....anyone done this before? Can the plug be pulled out w/ a pair of pliers or the like, or is there some special tool required? Considering how tight it feels, I wonder if I can get it our w/o breaking off a part of the plug. Thanks in advance, Greg
  5. I am looking for the part number for the air hose from the crankcase to the breather box, which would be the larger hose.(back center of box) All diagrams I found only show one hose, which is the smaller one in the frone right corner. Can anyone help:fingers-crossed-emo Oh, I have an 84 VR. thanks
  6. I was at my local dealer where I bought my Venture,Honda/Yamaha of FT. Walton, to have some warranty work done. (crack in left lower faring ) I noticed they had a set of chrome breather covers for a venture hanging on their showroom wall. This is the ones that set in between the cylinders at the bottom. I think these are discontinued. I already have a set on mine. I did not see a price, but I would suspect it would be suggested retail.If I remember right, they were between $80 to $100.Any way, here is their phone # for any one that is interested.850-862-4622 or 850-863-2346.
  7. have heard the more air for breather help with engine performance? drill hole in breather? go to K&N (costly) appreciate any info thanx doc
  8. I have an '08 RSV with 15k miles. Changed coolant, new iridium plugs and did carb synch. I noticed some oil on the outside top of the left rear portion of the air box. I removed the air box and found oil inside the box and all around the air intake hose clamp and a coating over much of the outside of left carbs (mostly the rear one. It looks like it has built up over time and was sorta dried and just grimey). I checked the breather tubes but there didn't seem to be much of a residue inside. Also, the air box cross tube connector foam sealer pieces were saturated. Does anyone have an idea where this is coming from? I had a Roadstar before the RSV and oil from the CC Breather would run out of the air box. Routing the breather to under the bike took care of that. If this is coming from the breather is there a way to re-route it somewhere else? Any ideas would be very appreciated. Thanks, Fred
  9. Wolf

Time off?

Who has some unused sick or vacation days next week? I am taking the week off, and the weather is meant to be awesome all week. I am thinking of riding down to the dragon via Skyline drive and the parkway. This is not set in stone, but the mud is drying fast. I can either ride down 81 and go north, or start north and finish south. I need a personal breather for a few days, and the wife is cool with it. Call it a mental week. LOL I could like to camp may way down, but I am not opposed to a hotel either.
  10. I'm searching for Yamaha engine breather covers....I know they were discontinued, but....someone may know where I could get these: STR-4NK27-15-01 and STR-4NK27-15-02 Any help would be great.....Beth says we need these accessories....and who the heck am I to argue? What a great gal!! Thanks for any help on this one! randy:hihi:
  11. I finally found an easy way to get the breather hose from the crankcase back onto the air box. Just reached in and slipped it on! No hassle! Tooks seconds! No 11" pliers! Really! All you have to do is remove the rear subframe and fuel tank and there it is! And no, I haven't been into the beer.......yet.
  12. Well, Now that the RSV is running good I can focuson whats improtant. MORE CHROME!!! LOL. I like pretty chrome. I recently saw a breather conver that had the American Eagle on it but I couldn't find out where it came from and now I have found another picture of a cover and hoping that someone can point me to some sellers of these items. I am going to try to attach the pic I have of the last one I saw. If anyone knows of any seller let me know by pm please. It will be appreciated.
  13. Was tracing out the overflow tube (Fuel Breather Tube) on my 06RSV from the gas tank to see which of the tubes under the bike corresponded to that tube. Anyways, I noticed under the seat the tube has what appears to be an inline filter before exiting out the bottom & venting to the ground. Is there really a filter inline? If so, why on an overflow tube? Just wondering...thanks!
  14. On the way to work this a.m., my bike started running rough, and there shortly after, I started smelling gas. I continued on to work, running on 3 cylinders. Made it to work and upon parking, I noitced the gas running out from under my 86 VR, while still running. I traced the gas to the breather hose from the back left cylinder on the bike. I pulled that spark plug and have spark, so it seems as if something in the carberatur has broken and not allowing the gas to reach the cylinder? Any ideas? Wouldn't ya know it, the wife and I have a trip to the mtns. planned for this coming weekend. Just my luck I guess.
  15. I took apart the air breather today to see if the filter was clean and I found this disgusting sticky syrupy substance all over the air filter and air breather case. See the pictures... This isn't normal is it? -Mike
  16. :whistling:Does anyone have any idea why Yamaha makes this awsome looking bike, and places this cheap... plastic.... ugly.... breather covers on BOTH sides of the bike? Is there an alternative? Bo
  17. I'm looking for a smooth billet breather covers for the 2nd Gen. like those pictured below. Part number: STR-4NK27-15-01 http://www.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/ec0268/STR-4NK27-15-01.jpg Please Email me if you know of a source other than the $150 price I keep seeing. Thanks...