Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I'm starting to feel a little slow here. Trying to edit MY photo albums and what's in them as well as maybe add something etc.. Cannot figure this out.. What am I doing wrong?
  2. Just got a text message from Ponch. He send me some pictures from a place, restaurant or something, named "Freebirds". It was pretty cool. What was REALLY cool though was just hearing from Ponch. I sure miss that guy. He included a message that he misses all of us too.
  3. I think I remember there is a way to set the default options that appear checked below a PM message. There are a couple of options I normally un-check but sometimes forget to do which is kind of annoying.
  4. Will be making a update on the Items I still have left for sale I will remove Items sold and add a couple more. PLEASE SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE OR A TEXT ONLY FIRST TO RESPOND WILL HAVE FIRST CHOICE. Thanks Joe
  5. My 1986 Venture is showing a fault message "E4" on the screen. I cannot adjust the air pressure any more. I replaced the pressure sensor under the trunk already and I replaced the whole control unit in the dashboard. That fault message is still there. Anybody out there having an idea what has to be done or what part of the system is gone bad?
  6. Last week on my trip to Virginia and West Virginia I had a problem with my cb turning off. I would be riding along and it would just turn off. I had to keep checking and turn it back on. Later on before it would turn off an error message would appear that said cberr. I've never had this problem before, any ideas? Thanks
  7. OK folks,I heard from Ponch and we talked better than an hour. First let me say he remembers some things and some folks but has a hard time with it. We talked about our last visit with him In route to Cody and while we were there. Bottom line..He doesnt remember much of it at all. The one thing that I feel everyone needs to know, because he told me, is that he appreciates everything ALL of you folks did with the Prayers and thoughts. He can not get on here to Thank all of you because he cannot see that well and has trouble getting the words from his mind to come out on here so it has been frustrating. Whether or not he stays on the site will be totally up to him and his progress..he is having trouble focusing, He said it hurts him to get around motorcycles..I dont know if he misses it or it brings back bad memories. I do know he asked me to relay this message to all of you for what you have done,with that he really teared up and I knew it was heartfelt. I only hope I got this message as he wanted it...If I drifted to far the bottom line from Ponch is "Thank You All ! "
  8. Anyone have a good rear master brake cylinder? My 92 xvz13d has a pitted one and the pedal will drop out after a couple days riding. Sorry about the repeated message. This is the first time I've done a forum or thread and i have no idea what i'm doing! Pete
  9. This is the 4-wheeler I was looking at on the site Don posted. I know deals like this can be done and would hate to miss this one if legit but...... What you think??? Re: 2007 Honda RINCON 675cc with Snow Plow and Winch‏ To see messages related to this one, group messages by conversation. http://sn116w.snt116.mail.live.com/mail/clear.gifhttp://sn116w.snt116.mail.live.com/mail/clear.gif http://sn116w.snt116.mail.live.com/mail/clear.gif 8:37 PM Reply ▼ Reply Reply all Forward Delete Junk Mark as unread Mark as read Delete all from sender Print message View message source Show message history Hide message history Show details Hide details http://secure.wlxrs.com/$live.controls.images/is/invis.gif Richard Sandford http://secure.wlxrs.com/$live.controls.images/is/invis.gif http://secure.wlxrs.com/$live.controls.images/ic/bluemann.png Richard Sandford r.sand01@msn.com Send email Find email Add to contacts To Daniel Woods From:Richard Sandford (r.sand01@msn.com)Sent:Fri 2/24/12 8:37 PMTo: Daniel Woods (lunaticdan57@hotmail.com) http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr04/ltr/i_yellowshield.gif Always show content from r.sand01@msn.com .ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;}.ExternalClass BODY.ecxhmmessage{font-family:Tahoma;font-size:10pt;}I live in Whitefish, MT, I've just moved and the ATV is here with me. It has clean title, cleared of any obligations or fees (no lien). I want to close this deal through eBay Buyer Protection program. It will be shipped from Whitefish and I'll pay the delivery costs. It will arrive at your address in 3-5 days, then you'll have 5 days for inspection. I'll start the shipping process in the same day with the payment confirmation. eBay will keep the paid amount until you'll receive, inspect and agree with the ATV. This is their policy regarding this type of transactions. Tell me if you are still interested and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. Then they will send you the information about the purchasing. . ----- Original Message ----- From: Daniel Woods To: r.sand01@msn.com Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 5:51 PM Subject: RE: 2007 Honda RINCON 675cc with Snow Plow and Winch Give me address and cash price. I can pick up. Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:33:14 -0600 From: r.sand02@verizon.net Subject: Re:2007 Honda RINCON 675cc with Snow Plow and Winch To: Hi, I appreciate your interest regarding my ATV. I will sell it for $1,860. The price includes shipping and insurance to your address. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!
  10. are now listed in the stickys above..I have tried to contact everyone who signed up on the calendar for the rally but some of your message boxes are full....sorry did my best to contact everyone..........
  11. On Monday my 19 year old daughter mentioned her jaw had felt like it was catching, kind of sticking in place a couple times during the day. I checked her over and found no swelling or anything odd. I told her to quit distending her jaw when she eats, (you have never seen her eat, I call her Gator), and we just laughed it off. On Tuesday afternoon she sent me a message from her work that her jaw had locked shut and she couldn't open it. Five minutes later she sent another message that it had unlocked and was better. I started to make plans to get her into the Doc the next day. I'm thinking signs of a Tentanus infection, lock jaw, at this point. Not cool. At ten last night she sent another message that it had locked again and she hurt real bad and she could feel her teeth grinding. I geared up and headed out to where she worked. When I got there she looked like a pissed off badger. Cute, but not funny. Told her to grab her stuff and we where headed to the emergency room. Her boss rolled in and told me she still had a couple hours left on her shift. My question to him was "do you want to go with us, or do you want to get out my way?" He backed off. I'll deal with that twit later. BUT......good news was it was not Tenanus. It was something I'd never heard of. This TMJ Syndrome. Problem where the joints on the jaw bone attaches to the skull, either caused by degeneration of the joints, not likely in a 19 year old, or from a past injury. Well we pretty much nailed down what that injury was. I've done my research and we are dealing with the care of it now. My question is has anyone dealt with this syndrome over a period of time and what might we expect? Just curious. Mike
  12. I found a 1993 Yamaha Accessories catalog. Cleaning house so first one with a 93 to shoot me an message gets it. . .
  13. After joining a few months ago I posted a message about a problem with my 2008 RS CB unit. The problem is when keying the CB unit to talk, in the controller window , it would say CB Error, and the CB unit would not work. The dealer has replaced the CB unit and all related hard parts but the problem still persists. After much discussion with Yamaha Tech they feel the problem is within the main wiring harness that runs from headlight to tail light. Yamaha has auth the replacement of the harness and it has been ordered, but has to come from Japan. Just in case anyone is interested I will post a message after the harness is installed to let everyone know if it fixed the problem.
  14. does anyone know if Allen and Patti are on vacation or closed for some reason? i have e-mailed and left phone message and no reply? they are always great to deal with, i sure hope they are just goofing off.:confused24:mike
  15. I've been trying to get on Craigslist for a while today and I'm having no luck. Can't get on from my bookmark, a direct address, or any kind of link from this site or others. All my other bookmarks and addresses are working but anything to do with Craigslist is just a message that it is not available due to not being on Internet, website problems, etc, etc. Weird. Is it just me or anybody else having problems? Mike
  16. GaStar

Solace

http://www.theusatrailerstore.com/motorcycle-trailer-and-hitch/solace-a-pull-behind-motorcycle-camper-trailer/ Very similar to the time out but about a grand cheaper. Anyone looked at them? Their warehouse is only about 101 miles away. I may make a road trip and check them out. I sent them a message to make sure they have a showroom. I'm sure they do.
  17. Freebird, Is it possible for someone to read a private meassage and it still show up on my end as "unread" in the read date field, under unconfirmed private messages? This has happened to me on at least 3 occassions and I know the person read them. Also, is a "confirmed" private message the same as a "reply" in as far as a person sent a response back to your origional private message?
  18. Or does it seem that nobody bothers to answer their phones anymore? I'm not talking about my friends or relatives either. However some of them don't like to answer their phones either. I'm talking about businesses, employers, etc.. Just to name a couple, I've been trying to reach a guy who contacted me via email about a lab tech. job and he never answers his phone. I keep leaving messages but he doesn't call back. Last summer I had applied for another job not to far from home that payed well. The woman who was in charge of setting up new employee start dates called me but called the wrong number. I got her message about setting up a my start date about 5 days later. I called her asap but she wouldn't return my calls. I got a hold of the main office to explain what happened and I was told I didn't pass their physical. I asked what par of the physical I didn't pass and I was told that the people who performed the physical didn't supply that information. Which sounded fishy seeing as how the message was to discuss my start date. There has been more than one time when I was looking for some goodies of some sort during normal business hours and they didn't answer the phone, I simply left a message that seeing as how there was nobody to answer the phone, I was going to take my business elsewhere. The last tie I was looking for a dentist, I made about 4 calls to different dentists until I got to one that was actually open or bothered to answer the phone. Now I know people get busy or have other issues arise, but it seems to be happening more and more. Ok, ok, enough ranting.I just needed to vent a bit. I've just been looking for a better job and it doesn't seem as though I'm being taken very seriously. I'm glad riding season is almost here! Bill,
  19. http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/christmaskonzert?h=fcbc4508abb0abc0bb7e12273ea12529
  20. If you use credit cards, check with your companies and see if they offer calling you as part of their fraud protection service. I got a text message this evening from the card company I use the most. Some lowlife was in New York trying to buy $400 worth of tickets on the Long Island RR with my credit card. Now I will have to go through the hassle of changing some of my stuff around, but at least they caught it before it got worse. I did not call back about the text message until I had verified the number as actually being from the company. I am glad they offer the service and wish I could catch the so and so that stole my number. Hope none of you ever need this info.
  21. My main desktop at home seems to be "toes up" at this point. It started a while back giving me a BSOD message that it could not load c:\winnt\system32\config\software when 1st powered on or restarted. Power off and power right back up and it would boot normally and work fine, until the next reboot. Then it got to the point it would "blue screen" randomly, and then the power off and power back on did not work anymore. The can't load "software" message happened every time. I found a fix on Microsoft's site, where all the registry pieces in the "config" folder are replaced from the "repair" folder. Now it won't boot normally or in Safe Mode. I thought well I'll try a "repair". There lies the problem and therefore my question. When I select ®epair I get the message something to the effect "no windows system found" and it wants to install a fresh copy of Win-XP. The question is what does the install routine need to find to recognize there is an operating system in need of repair?
  22. Getting an E4 error message on my compressor and the manuel states that this indicates "The pressure sensor has no output voltage". Where do I look to correct this? Thanks, Norm
  23. Did you get my message from last night? gunk
  24. We stopped in Sheridan Wy to do a little shopping and pick up some groceries and gas for the space shuttle. I was just coming up to the intersection to get back on the I-90 and a guy pulls out of gas station with a boat on a trailer and lucky for him it was me he cut off. Just as he pulled out I put my foot on the brakes and I see something fall from his vehicle. It was his wallet, full of cash, credit cards and ID. I stopped right on top of it and Mary went out and gathered up as much as she could without getting run over. She is sure she didn't get all the cash. By now the guy is booting it up the on ramp and way out ahead. No chance to catch him with the shuttle, even with the Ultra Power upgrade. So what should I do? By the time I got on the hwy. he was out of sight. I pulled over at the first opportunity and went thought the wallet looking for a phone number and all I found was a personal check with a phone number but the last two digits couldn't be read. There was a business card for a county parole officer (don't jump to conclusions) so I called the number but the women didn't work there any more. The guy I talked to did some digging and came up with a cell number. I tried it, no answer, but the recorded message was by the guy so I left a message with my cell number. Haven't heard anything yet but we're at Devils Tower tonight and there's no cell reception. If I don't hear anything tomorrow I guess I'll just pack it all in an envelope and ship it back to him. My dilemma is that I have no idea how much money might have blown away and I don't want him thinking I stoled it. We found one, hundred dollar bill but who knows how many there were? I was in the middle of the road holding up traffic and wasn't too worried about a few that got away.
  25. I have been in contact with The Goatkeeper (Dianne) about how James is doing. He's still in a bad way to go as far as their not knowing what is making him pass out. Here is her PM to me with whats going on. "His daughter is down here again, and staying with me. We have talked about the mayo hospital in Rochester MN look at him. The doctors here are ok but puzzled as to what's going on with him? no cancer thank god. Just trouble with blood pressure that drops when he gets up quick or stands to long? Then the headaches come and boom down he goes. I will inform him of your message, if you can, will you post and tell everyone that he's thinking of all of you folks? Thanks Dianne" He's obviously not out of the woods yet, so if you folks want to drop him a PM I know it would help his spirits if nothing else. Send one to Dianne too as I'm sure her spirit needs a lift too. Thanks to all of you that have kept a vigil with keeping James in your thoughts and prayers.