Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Nice to know that I am at least going to get an hour of extra snooze. Don't forget to move back your clocks tonight for 1 hour.
  2. Happy birthday Skid!!! You know I can't forget this one:whistling:
  3. Hi guys, Happy New Year.. what better way to spend the evening than in the garage working on the bikes eh? (gosh I need to get a life!!) My new shiny WORKS Performance shock finally arrived today and wow, it's real purty! Almost too purty to mount it under a bike. Its all preloaded and ready to go. Though I'm mechanically inclined and have all the tools to install this shock, is there something out of the ordinary or 'don't forget to do this' notes I should do to install this shock properly and such? Oops, just read through the manual and looks like i have to pull the rear wheel, bags, fender and pipes to change the shock?! Ouch.. is this true? Thanks in advance for any advice or comments Cheers
  4. Don't forget about the meeting today...See you all there..:fatsmiley:reservations are for 1pm
  5. I wanted to be the first to say Happy Birthday Charlie go out and catch some fish but dont forget to close the door its getting cold down here in the south. Jeff
  6. This picture speaks for itself...
  7. lets not forget the Saint judes auctions.............its not much but Im willing to play the bidding game and there are 2 or 3 that havent been bid on yet...........unless Im in the wrong place. David
  8. What happened? I took off my wheels and had new tires mounted. Got it all back together, backed into the street, put it in first, but when I let the clutch out it bound up like when you forget to release the parking brake on your car. With the clutch in, or in neutral, it moves freely. I've done this before and never had any trouble. Any ideas?
  9. I have done alot to the bike since I purchased it for 700$ and the last was this weekend I flushed the cooling system and was going to replace the thermostat until I found out what it entailed, but I did a 75 mile shake down cruise in 94 degree weather and stopped at West marine and picked up a weather proof 12v adapter to charge my cell and other things. I found the best place for me to mount it which is convenient and a short run to the battery so I am ready for the ride to Vogel, let me know if I forget anything since I am at the age were if it is not on a post it note I forget....
  10. As Alan has never used a GPS, or bothers with the computer at home, he has decided he would feel more comfortable if I had a unit on my bike as well as the one being loaned to us for our touring in the U.S. Better that I have a back up., as I'm towing the trailer, and when he gets in the "riding zone" can forget I'm back there waiting for him to tell me when to turn off! SO......Amazon has the Zumo 660 for $US649.99--is that the best I'll do????????? I can then purchase the aussie maps later.
  11. Thanks for the last 28 years. Can I come home now LOL See as usual I didnt forget the most important day of my life...... What did ya get me LOL
  12. :Happy Birthday: :Happy Birthday: Hope you have a great day and good weather. Think you might get a ride in today? Well have fun celebrating, but not too much fun. Don't forget to get some cake and or ice cream. :bighug: Margaret
  13. GeorgeS

Vote

Don't forget to Vote, !!! Good excuse to go for a ride down to the poleing place,
  14. I was going to forward this to some of my friends on my email contact list, then it dawned on me.......... I know of another group this is more fitting for......... Here goes.. A distraught senior citizen Phoned her doctor's office. 'Is it true,' she wanted to know, 'that the medication You prescribed has to be taken For the rest of my life?' 'Yes, I'm afraid so,' the doctor told her. There was a moment of silence Before the senior lady replied, I'm wondering, then, Just how serious is my condition Because this prescription is marked 'NO REFILLS'.' *********************** An older gentleman was On the operating table Awaiting surgery And he insisted that his son, A renowned surgeon, Perform the operation. As he was about to get the anesthesia, He asked to speak to his son 'Yes, Dad, what is it? ' 'Don't be nervous, son; Do your best And just remember, If it doesn't go well, If something happens to me, Your mother Is going to come and Live with you and your wife....' ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (I LOVE IT!) Aging: Eventually you will reach a point When you stop lying about your age And start bragging about it.. --------------------------------- The older we get, The fewer things Seem worth waiting in line for. --------------------------------- Some people Try to turn back their odometers. Not me! I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way And some of the roads weren't paved. ******************** When you are dissatisfied And would like to go back to youth, Think of Algebra. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------- One of the many things No one tells you about aging Is that it is such a nice change From being young. Ah, being young is beautiful, But being old is comfortable. First you forget names, Then you forget faces. Then you forget to pull up your zipper. It's worse when You forget to pull it down. --------------------------------- Long ago When men cursed And beat the ground with sticks, It was called witchcraft... Today, it's called golf. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Two guys one old one young Are pushing their carts around Wal-Mart When they collide. The old guy says to the young guy, 'Sorry about that. I'm looking for my wife, And I guess I wasn't paying attention To where I was going. The young guy says, 'That's OK, it's a coincidence. I'm looking for my wife, too...' I can't find her and I'm getting a little desperate' The old guy says, 'Well, Maybe I can help you find her.. What does she look like?' ' The young guy says, 'Well, she is 27 yrs old, tall, With red hair, Green eyes, is buxom, wearing no bra, Long legs, And is wearing short shorts. What does your wife look like?' To which the first old guy says, 'Doesn't matter, --- let's look for yours.'
  15. down under my signature is a banner that tells the temperature in Elizabethtown PA. I moved - and totally forget how to update that thing. Somebody help me out?
  16. Just wondering if anyone in the downriver Mi area has a plans for a ride over the weekend. I plan on being home for that weekend and would like to see all you ugly ducklings again :rotfl::rotfl: Not saying I'm any better BUT it would be nice to see everyone again. So if there are any plans lets post. It also includes everyone on the other side of the river 2 We cant forget our friends there. Star4772
  17. Don't forget our aggreement we made trogether But Im going to A NICE guy , INSTEAD OF 4 ,I ONLY WANT 2 AND I need to bring both of them across the border
  18. ... the dust from your PC. Just a friendly reminder to everyone to check your PC’s (Personal Computer’s) for internal dust, especially around the cooling fans and power supply. I took my unit outside today, opened it up and took the air hose to it now it’s as clean as a whistle! Yes I know, it's hard to unplug from VentureRider.org but it will only take you a moment. Besides, if it hasn’t been done in a while it might just save yourself power supply problems down the road. If you don’t have a compressor with ‘dry air’ you can buy compressed air in a spray can. Don’t forget to unplug!
  19. December 07, 1941. The day Pearl Harbor was attacked. May we never forget.
  20. http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1137/Let-it-shine-Silver-remains-top-auto-paint-color I guess you could toss motorcycles into the mix here too. And lets not forget, its also the fastest color......
  21. What ever happened to that cookbook we were all sending in recipes for quite a while back? It's probably been a couple years ago already. It pops into my head every now and then, but then I forget about it all over again.
  22. Does anyone know of anybody making/selling high quality leather "bras" for the lower plastic pieces on either side of the radiator? Forget what they're called - the bug, scratch, and chip catchers?
  23. A little girl had been shopping with her Mom in Target. She must have been 6 years old, this beautiful red haired, freckle faced image of innocence. It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the earth it has no time to flow down the spout. We all stood there under the awning and just inside the door of the Target. We waited, some patiently, others irritated because nature messed up their hurried day. I am always mesmerized by rainfall.. I got lost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world.. Memories of running, splashing so carefree as a child, came pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day. The little voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all caught in, 'Mom let's run through the rain,' she said. 'What?' Mom asked. 'Let's run through the rain!' She repeated. 'No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit,' Mom replied. This young child waited about another minute and repeated: 'Mom, let's run through the rain.' 'We'll get soaked if we do,' Mom said. 'No, we won't, Mom. That's not what you said this morning,' the young girl said as she tugged at her Mom's arm. 'This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet?' 'Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer, you said, 'If God can get us through this, he can get us through anything!' The entire crowd stopped dead silent. I swear you couldn't hear anything but the rain. We all stood silently.. No one came or left in the next few minutes. Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say. Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Some might even ignore what was said. But this was a moment of affirmation in a young child's life. A time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will bloom into faith.. 'Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain. If GOD let's us get wet, well maybe we just needed washing,' Mom said. Then off they ran. We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they darted past the cars and yes, through the puddles. They held their shopping bags over their heads just in case. They got soaked. But they were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the way to their cars. And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I needed washing. Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away your precious memories...So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories everyday. To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. I HOPE YOU STILL TAKE THE TIME TO RUN THROUGH THE RAIN. They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them. Send this to the people you'll never forget and remember to also send it to the person who sent it to you. It's a short message to let them know that you'll never forget them. Take the time to live!!! Keep in touch with your friends, you never know when you'll need each other -- and don't forget to run in the rain!