Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 25 results

1. Anybody heard from Yammer? I haven't seen anything from him since before the storms and it's not like him to not check in every day. Hope everything is OK. The same for Skid and Frog Man. They are all down in that same general area.
  2. Happy birthday Skid!!! You know I can't forget this one:whistling:
  3. Oh boy oh boy!! We are finally starting our 3 week vacation today! Driving down to Florida then taking an 8 day cruise followed by a day at Disney then heading back. The thing that is going to give this vacation that extra special touch is meeting up with members of the VR family along the way! As many of you know this site is special and very dear to my heart so I am really looking forward to the commute. Tonight is West Virginia meeting up with Skid and Yammer Dan. Haven't seen Skid since Asheville in '07 I think. Dan I always see at MD. We're leaving around 10:00 and having lunch in Erie Pa. Here's the link to the original thread... http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66301
  4. Skid, Leslie and family stopped in Columbia for the night on their way to Florida. What a nice visit we had! It was so good to see them again!
  5. Hope you have a great one up there buddy. What did Leslie get you??? I love you sweetheart(not you Skid) You don't look a day over well...... You know I ain't no good at them things....
  6. Dropped the insurance on Lil'Red. Going to miss it but Too many Bikes.
  7. Skid this has been on my mind for a while it's been eating me up WHY??? did you buy a 2nd Gen after being a Loyal 1st Gen owner:crying: That include you to Sarge:rotfl:
  8. Guest

It's all Skid's fault

When I was up in WV at the Skid in I was there when Skid brought home his new to him MSRSV. The Midnight is a nice looking machine even if it is a 2nd gen. I am a fairly dyed in the wool First gen enthusiast, as those who know me will attest to. Skid dragging that new 2nd gen of his home I guess got to me. It weakened my resolve … So today I made room in my garage …
  9. Well here you go, all the pics you could want for 1 day. http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/venturerider/Sleeperhawks%20Mechanic%20Skid%20In%20200906/
  10. We got home about 6:45 pm after riding a total of 984 miles in 2 days. We had a fabulous time in the 2 weeks we were gone and got to see some relatives we had not seen for a while, but the real fun began in West Virginia. We rode some great rides led by Skid. On one of them we did not have to put our feet on the ground until an hour and a half after we left his house. That means no stop signs or other traffic signals, just curve after curve. Skid and Leslie were the perfect hosts and my wife really enjoyed meeting them and spending quality time with them. She also enjoyed meeting everyone else as she has listened to me talk about many of them for the past several years. She thought it was cool that many of the wifes participate on the site just as the men, even though she is too busy taking care of me to ge on it. I enjoyed meeting all of the people I did not know from the past even though most of them were from the north. We were the only deep southerners there. Skid we saw the white mountain goat on the way out and almost had a deer run into our bike at the first light after the New Gorge Bridge but he turned and ran paralel to the road just in time. Thanks to both you and Leslie for the good times and I wish you both all the best with the new baby. We Hope to see ya'll in the future. Love Lyle and Pam
  11. Here's my pics from the skid in. I put my favorite pic on this page. I think it's so sweet. Margaret
  12. I will be at the Skid In this year and will have tools and equipment as well as parts for the Needle Mod, Carb. Diaphragm Replacement, Radiator Drain Upgrade, Replacement Side Cover Pins, Fuse Box Upgrade Kits and Carb. Syncs. As time permits I am willing to help any member Install any of these mods on a first come first served basis. If you are interested in having any work done please post here and you will be at the top of the list. I will make sure that I have all of the parts and tools with me to do the very best job possible. It is a pleasure to work on the bikes belonging to the members of this site and who wouldn't like to ride their bike home in better condition than when they rode it there. Earl
  13. Anyone from Ga. planning on going to The Skid In in WV.........Looking for some riding partners...........I plan on leaving very, very early Thursday morning in order to get there in the afternoon......... You really need to make it, its a great place to go and Leslie grills really good....and the riding aint half bad..........
  14. Hows the little momma doing, havent seen any posts about whats going on......... Everything going well I hope...........
  15. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/vmax-holley-carb-4-barrel-set-up-for-v-max_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35597QQihZ008QQitemZ180282961016QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW Thom
  16. Thought Id post some pics of my trip to WV Skid In to Williamsport PA and back to GA via Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Pkwy.
  17. Hope you enjoy the pics. http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mamamo777/WVSkidInThurEve/?albumview=slideshow
  18. Looks like a few photos worthy of a Skid Inn Calendar shoot.If you took some of your bike or others at Seneca lets see them.
  19. A few photos from this weekend at SKID'S>>>>>>>>>>>! Mama
  20. Forcast for Skid Inn looking good. I'll probably ride in the back of the pack. I want to try out my glare filters in these transitions lenses. It should be a sunny weekend and all that slow moving harley look a like chrome in front of me. You know that waxed buffed and shiny second gen type. Come to think of it I bet Skid has been waxing that 86 for a month to.:stirthepot::rotf:
  21. Guest

Special thanks

I would like to say a very special THANK YOU to Skid from West Virginia. I asked for Skids help in locating an American Legion in Elkins WV, as the MTA is holding their annual MTA Gathering at the Canaan Valley Resort at the end of June. Skid went out of his way to get me the phone numbe to contact them so I might set up our dinner ride for the Monday night. This has been done and ALL IS GOOD.:cool10: Thanks Skid for your help. Darrell MTA President
  22. New Meaning Of Skid Marks.
  23. Here....this is for you, Skid, Eddie...