Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Have 2, a custom and a Markland. Both came with '88 parts bikes I sold, but neither was installed. I can fit them, but I'd like to see how other first gen trailer hitches are installed. Looks like there are several options for the front connection, some move more than others. Looks like the connections under the saddlebags might require a longer bolt, or some spacers. Shoulda gone to Ft. Collins and got my own photos.
  2. are there any ham radio operators in here (gotta be...). I am wondering what sort of 2m radios people have installed on a venture and if you cna make them work with the Yamaha headset? VE6HBY
  3. As some of you know, I have a problem,,,, I know what you are thinking, but this is a new one. I ride a 2014 Spyder and installed JMCB 2003 for a CB and intercom. The intercom works fine, and the CB broadcasts just fine. Now if we get 2 CBs close together I can hear the other, if they are more than 4ft apart I can't hear the other person. I can hear a tapping on their mic, but no voice comes through. Now hear is the next problem then. I contacted JM corp and they would like me to try to use one of their headsets. I use the Edsets with the proper cord, but they were wondering if I could try one of theirs. SO!!!! anybody in the area have a set they could lend me??
  4. Hi All; My CB won’t turn on (no light) I have removed the rear trunk put the CB into the L/Saddle bag I cut I small grove in the side making sure no to pinch the wire. When I checked the plug that goes into the CB there is power in 2 holes. I had a amp installed by a radio shop in the front faring. Is it possible that they have cut into something that has to do with the power going into the CB switch on the handle bars. If yes, what can I do to fix it without going back to the radio shop. ???????????
  5. Removed lower fairings repositioned components installed highway bars and rad chrome Removed and blocked AIS complete Installing VMAx rear end Installed Dyna 3000 ign unit on upper curve Lowered ft end 1" and rear 1/2 inch (I'm inseam challenged) Installed and tuned Supertrapp exhaust Installed 4 single KN filters and installing Ivan's jet kit Custom paint LED headlamp and passing lamps Changed out Cassette deck for a power distribution unit and aux input New Avon rear and smaller Avon front tire
  6. Finally got this set installed. I love them. its weird putting a set of hd pipes on to quiet the sound. David
  7. This is somewhat of a specific geographical question, so bear with me. Has anyone that lives down south in the constant hotter climates, installed a Buckeye stator and had problems with it failing? The reason I ask this, is that I purchased a stator and installed it with a new R/R and it appears that the stator has failed due to it running hot because of the wire size it was wound with. Have any of you installed the Buckeye and ran into this problem? I dont want to have to do this again, and I dont mind paying for quality. How happy have y'all been with the performance you have received from the upgraded Buckeye stator?
  8. Hello Everyone: As most of you know, our 05 RSTD was heavily smoke damaged about a year ago. While it was in the shop for restoration, I decided to have new tires installed. The PO had Metzler 880's on it. I did not do any research. I trusted my dealer to guide me. He installed Dunlop 404's. $611 total for tires and labor. We enjoyed 7,000 miles of two up riding last year. I noticed yesterday while installing new pipes that the rear tire is worn more than I expected. I am not unhappy. $300 for an entire season of fun is cheap entertainment. I guess I expected the tire to last more than one season?? I see by many other posts that 7-12K is the norm? I might be able to go another $2500 miles, but really do not want to risk it. What are your thoughts, experiences and suggestions on brand, size etc. I appreciate your input. I have read good things about E3's. Thanks in advance
  9. Need to get new tires for the cage (08 Taurus) Went to Sams Club, where I can get BF Goodrich Touring T/A tires for a little over $100 each, ....more like $140 each installed and out the door. Michelin Defender XT tires would be a little over $155 each, plus the add on charges, which I didn't get a quote on, but should take the price to around $190 each installed and out the door. Are Michelin's worth the extra two bills for the set? This car (great car) has 120 k miles on it, so this will probably be the last set of tires I'll put on it. I anticipate this Taurus will easily run 200K, but at that point I'll probably want to get something a bit fresher. So, the question is: are Michelins really that special?
  10. I installed a set of polk 401s and Alpine ktp-445u amp and it sounds alot better. I know some people installed these components and didn't have very good results.I noticed if you follow the shop manuals wiring diagram its wrong . It has the left front speaker polarities reversed which of course would cause poor sound. Just thought some people would be interested .
  11. Wondering if you would share the type of hyway pegs you've installed on your MKII and why you like them.
  12. Problem, RSTD, has NO Radio. Solution " Jensen JHD910 " Marine quality AM/FM Wx band radio. Bought one, installed in a Tank Bag, Installed antenna, Works great !! Some problems with Ignition Noise on AM band, but my new home brew antenna has almost solved the problem. Anyway, Its a darn good Radio !!! But--- Its expensive, About $200.00 bucks, Size, its only 5 in wide, 3 1/3 in high and about 1 3/4 inch thick. A deffinate plus for mounting, Takes AUX input for MP-3 players,
  13. Guest

Learn my lesson today

Had a leaking valve cover gasket dealer said they could do it or I could, if they did it, it would have been cover under warranty, like a idiot I said no I would do it hardest part is remving the tank.... WRONG....All day doing that gasket just putting on and keep in the slot as I installed it was a PITA....Never again it will be at the shop next time.. Never seen one that hard to put on I'm sure there is a trick to it..
  14. The new RSTD, ( well new 3 months ago ) just turned 5900 miles. I put the narrow E3 on the front yesterday, and took out for test ride. Yes!! it is better handling, then the OEM Bridgestone. Today, I installed the new Rear E3. and greesed the drive shaft, and rear spline. And yes, it does feel better with the E3 on the rear. So my point here is to confirm all the past comments I have read about changeing the OEM tires on the 2nd Gen. Handles better, and feels more like a 1st Gen Also, the Rear Bridgestone, would have been bald at about 7,000 miles, But decided to remove it today. And, Yes, there was hardley any Factory installed Greese, on the rear Drive spline, or on the drive shaft splines !!! If you have never pulled your rear drive unit, or drive shaft, be sure to do this job, and get you hands Greessy !!!
  15. I wanted to take the time to thank one of the Venture Riders on this site. For the past 2.5 months he has patiently and meticulously worked to restore a Salvaged 99 RSV that I bought 2 years ago. I bought this bike thinking it would be a “winter project” but really underestimated the amount of work and attention to detail it would take to get it in tip top condition. A little about me....I am a perfectionist. If I am not confident that something can be done to perfection I will hold off until I am prepared to perform to that degree. I will not start something and say “oh that's no big deal, or that's not quite right but it will do” After realizing that this restoration was above my skill level, it sat in my garage until shortly after I joined this site and found WillBill1. Bill Little aka WillBill1 lives north of Charlotte, NC. What attracted me to Bill was the fact the he is a retire engineer, skilled mechanic, and rides what we ride. What more could you ask for? I told home my bike and he was confident that he could make it perfect and I knew after only a short while of speaking to him that he would treat my bike as his own- no shortcuts would be taken. I've included some pics of my bike before and after but that only tells a small piece of the story. The PO of my bike totaled it back in 2003 or 2004 and his well meaning son in law tried to put it back together, doing more harm that good. He used common nuts and bolts from Lowes or Home Depot, left lots of stuff off the bike and just all around screwed the bike up. Bill painstakingly combed over my bike for hours with part diagrams checking off every single nut and bolt that was missing or needed to be replaced and every electrical connection that needed to be repaired. He then got all the maintenance up to date and began doing some of the modifications we have here on our site. He installed a MP3 port next to my powerjack on the inner fairing. He installed my new passing lights and light bar, took out my cassette player and installed gauges, put the Harley License Plate Frame with additional brake lights on the back, raised my forks up in the triple trees to lower the front end and installed and Baron's Lowering Kit for the rear. Keep in mind while doing all this he would would find other little things that needed attention and fix those things as well. He found over 200 parts that were missing from the bike or need to be replaced.....that's attention to detail. I could go on and on about the work that Bill did. He was simply amazing. Not once did he complain about everything he ran into and not once did he raise the price on me that we had agreed to, which by the way was an unbelievable price. I had the pleasure of working with him some on this project and let me tell you, it was obvious he was an engineer. There were a few times that I said to myself “Holy Cow I would have never figured that out”, it was a real joy watching him at work. I hope that you guys will reach out to him if you ever feel you're in to deep and need help. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that he can handle anything that comes his way. You can find him in the member vendors section..... http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=36 Bill, if you are reading this.....Thank You so much, if there is anything I can ever help you with....don't hesitate to call. You're a great guy, I would've never been able to do what you so skilfully did. Thanks again......Matt
  16. Hi Everyone I have reading some the recent post about bypassing. The class air ride system but I want to Install the class on my Venture. Has anyone installed this on a regular Venture ??? If so can you give some feed back. Thanks. Jim C:223:
  17. Does anyone here with a Rivco centerstand also have the leveling links installed? Does it work OK with the links? Thanks, Ron
  18. Guest

Antenna buzzing

Ok... So, I installed an aftermarket Radio and an antenna from my local CTC. The Radio is buzzing like crazy with antenna installed, but shuts up when it's unplugged. The antenna is installed correctly - I think. I thought it might not be grounded well enough so I removed the antenna and ground it directly to the frame... still buzzing. HELP
  19. Well my trunk is in the paint process and it is looking good. Cant wait till I get it back and installed. I went with solid color on trunk with a black bottom and then will add pin striping. Joe
  20. Workin on an 86 Venture, installed new diaphrams in the spring. 2 were in pretty bad-shape, cleaned the insides as best I could and installed new o-rings when checking the floats and needles. Does anyone have a list of the o-rings/seals and gaskets needed to properly tear down and rebuild the carb's? I plan to reuse the diaphams, (thanks Skydoc for sending the good sliders) and have resigned myself to taking them off and starting over. My fuel mileage went from 220-240 km's per tank, to less than 150. Also, seems to be fouling the rh rear carb quite a bit. I've turned the mixture back a half turn a couple times, and it seems to help the plug, but it's become a lazy pig again. Please help me getting the WINBGO back running her best. Thanks all.....
  21. Installed led's on the saddle bags the look great.
  22. Installed some new to me mufflers yesterday and when I rev it pretty hard it will blow a flame out the right pipe. Carbs were synced at SETXMD but I had a set of RK pipes on it with the cats I'm guessing the free flowing mufflers must have changed things. Also noticed a lil popping on deceleration nothing loud like a back fire. Pipes installed were Klock Works with the baffle's installed any thoughts.
  23. I need a little help with my 2001 RSV. My radio controller will not shut off, change channels and none of the buttons work except the volume control. I reviewed a boat load of previous posts and therefore split the fairing and checked the connections and all were fine. On Weds I installed new speakers, removed the CD changer and installed an AMP and everything was working just fine. Today, I go out and about 2 miles into my ride the radio controller starts to malfunction. Here's a very interesting thing: the rear push to talk for the passenger will change the radio station when it's pressed. Now that's VERY ODD to me, especially when the radio controller won't do anything except adjust the volume. I will ateempt to trouble shoot again tomorrow. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. JAKBAG
  24. I have a 2004 second gen. and had replaced temp sensor last summer, however, on today's ride, the fan is not kicking on when it should. Can a toggle switch be installed to kick the fan in manually? Any suggestions as to why this is happening and what to do to remedy?
  25. Sailor

wolo

Got the wolo installed yesterday. Thanks Carbon 1 for the harness. Off for a ride now, hope I don't have to use it.