Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. doe's the upper triple tree on a v max fit a 1st gen ? a easy way of putting dif. handle bars on ? looking at frogman's 86 v max , it looks like the frames are the same .
  2. Does anyone have a set of second gen stock mufflers that have not been modified, that they don't want ???? I just put a sidecar on today and the bubbs are alittle loud for the rider. When I got the bike it had bubbs on it so I don't have a set of stock muffs. ( anyone want to swap some muffs for a Radiator Grill ?? )
  3. I’d like to make a headphone adapter that will allow me to plug a 1/8 stereo into the factory headset plug on a 2nd Gen for music listening. I’ve got a noise reduction headset that I’d like to install in my helmet and plug directly into the bike. My thoughts are that if I get a male adapter and the 2nd Gen and the wiring diagram for the headset plug that I could make an adapter to a 1/8 female stereo plug. This (I hope) would allow me to plug in the noise reduction headset. Can it be done and do you think it will work??? Secondly, does anyone have the wiring or schematic diagram for the headset plug that shows what each pin is for?? Charlie
  4. Where is there a good place to get a super brace for a first gen? Does anybody here make them, if so how much.
  5. There is a complete 2nd gen trans on ebay right now for about $50. It has everything to fit a 1st gen. It has about 7 hours left. RandyA http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-XVZ1300-TRANSMISSION-GEARS-/190656254323?hash=item2c63ff9173&item=190656254323&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr
  6. I was checking the general tech section... and saw a rather routine sounding "trick" for we height challenged riders... lower the front forks by 1"... but it was adressed to the 2nd gen... They simply loosen the triple tree clamps (after removing tons of stuff to get there) and slide the fork tubes up and tighten her back down. Anybody done this on a 1st gen? Clearance issues? I sure hope it's that easy... it would be a wonderful help to my bike leaning SO far over on the side stand after upgrading to progressive front springs! And yeah, I'm a little low at the inseam.
  7. Anyone know where I can get a look at a wiring diagram for 1st Gen audio system? My cassette deck has gone AWOL and would like to remove it and wire in a stereo connection to plug in my IPOD, but the wiring diagrams in the manual seems to have identified every wire except those from the deck to the amplifier. Appreciate your help.
  8. I am 70, and dislexia makes me a happy 07! I have two artificial knees, and I feel YOUNGER on my 86VR (thanks Squidley and Lonna) .... than at any other time. Have we done a survey? I did read the VR 1st Gen post of the 16 year old riding a VR. Great. So, ... fill me in while I roam Colorado some more! Jack Tharp Fort Collins, CO
  9. Here is a question that occurred to me while riding along worrying about my blue '84's intermittent misfire and thinking 25 y.o. TCI. Does anyone make an aftermarket TCI that can be used on the First Gen xvz12 / 13's ? I subscribe to a few classic bike mags and in the small ads at the back there are often outfits that advertise electronic ignition upgrade kits for older, ie 50's 60's and 70's, bikes that originally had points and condenser (British mag) type ignitions. I realize that the first gen xvz12 / 13's would be a small niche market and so on but old bikes from the 50's 60's and 70's can't be that big a market either. I see, or think I see second gen xvz aftermarket TCI's on ebay from time to time. What about Vmax's they share similar engine type and they like to go fast, you'd think some enterprising somebody would have come up with an aftermarket Vmax one by now that would be the cats a$$. So it wouldn't really be that small a niche. Or maybe they exist but cost so much you can buy 10 first gens for the price so no one bothers. What do we know about this folks? Likely I'd have read about such a thing here already if it were a practical solution but, well I had to ask while I procrastinate and generally put off going hunting for my bikes intermittent ignition fault. Thanks, Brian H.
  10. Perhaps a poll is warranted(pun intended)... for second gen rear air shocks, asking if your rear shock went out before the 5 year warranty, and if so, how many times was it replaced? AT HOW MANY MILES YEARS? would be good to know what percentage of our organization has this problem?.... would be good ammo when addressing the yamaha customer service reps and just might force them to address the problem(use a better replacement shock).
  11. Where have any of you mounted the Bad Boy on your second gen?
  12. I know this is not a vid of a motorcycle, but it sure is cool! Maybe this will be the Next Gen. from Yamaha in a three wheeler, Yea, Right! [TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD]The AeroMobil 3.0 Flying Car Has Arrived [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Enjoy, Earl
  13. I had this posted in the 2nd Gen Tech area, but since time is running out, I am throwing this out to all. I am going to help my friend install Sonic Progressive springs in his 2001 RSV this Thursday. I need to know what to expect. I have done this to my 1st Gen, but want to know what to expect on a 2nd Gen. I hope to complete it in less than 4 hours. I have looked/searched for a thread on the spring installation process and the best I found was a statement on another thread that there were no 2nd Gen installation threads. I put Progressives in my 1st Gen, but the 2nd Gen looks different enough with the newer fork style etc. So, any hints, tips, suggestions or good excuses I can use while working on this bike ? The fairing removal looks challenging, does the fork caps come off using a crescent on the square area right below the air valve ? It looks like once you loosen the 2 fork bracket cinch bolts, they should unscrew. Any and all information will be helpful. I hope to knock this out in around 4 hours. Does that sound reasonable ? Also, how far form the top of forks should the oil be while the tubes are compressed ? How about any spacers on top of the new springs ? Info...I'm begging for info... Bill
  14. I recently started a restoration on an 85 Vmax for my son. The bike has only 11K miles on it but has been sitting since 1999. So far most everything has been in pretty good shape, considering the lengthy down time. The carbs, however are history. I am having a difficult time finding a set of carbs for it that are not way out of his price range, but I can find first gen Venture carbs fairly reasonable. Would these fit on the vmax? I'm sure if they do, there would be some loss in performance, but would they suffice until he can find OE carbs.
  15. What constitutes a 2nd. Gen starter...Is it a starter from a 1300cc bike or is it a starter from a 1999 and beyond? I guess my simplier question could have been what constitutes a 2nd Gen bike? Newbs gotta ask newb questions....
  16. I am trying to access the 1st Gen tech section and they are locked, cant get in............What gives? All of them are locked. I am going over to K-Riders to help him with his bike and wanted to acess the first gen tech section to look things up. I know most of what I need to do, but may need to fall back on it if needed.
  17. 2007 Second Gen with 100000km on it. I have purchased new front and rear wheel bearings/seals and new swing arm bearings/seals. Plan on replacing all of them this winter. Does anyone have any experience or tips on how to remove them. Thanks in advance. Jim
  18. As the title says, how do you jack up your Gen 1 Ventures? I was thinking about getting a jack but without lifting adapters I would not be able to jack up the bike without jacking on the exhaust pipes. I've read extensively about the Gen 2 adapters but I haven't seen anything on Gen 1 adapters. Or do we just have to lie down on the floor to work on it? Or use a table lift? I was thinking of getting the Harbor Freight High Lift jack like the one Cowpuc used in his May 6, 2014 post photos. But Puc jacked Tweeks up under the exhaust pipes without using an adapter. I don't want to do that.
  19. I so want to ride one of these ! https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=841436165889389 It's gotta be a 1st Gen because it's fast and fun....
  20. Has anyone found adjustable clutch/brake levers for the 2nd gen venture?
  21. not having much luck locating a hitch for my 07... sugggestions?? thx,.
  22. Have made a little progress this week with winter project. Made a stand that will be used to temporarily support frame during initial motor fitment and suspension work. It's not pretty but will only be used for this phase.. I have an old 1200 block setting in frame at this point to see where major obstacles will be in putting a 1st gen/VMax motor into the RSV frame. Motor fits the six mount points that the 1st gen uses in the 2003 RSV frame. The front head brackets will not be used. I have a set of VMax heads for this project that will be on a modified 1300 block. I don't think a v-boost system will be possible with this setup due to the use of the RSV fuel tank & air intake components. I don't think the taller V-boost setup has a chance of fitting. Considering another option to use in place of the V-boost for that snap at about 6k rpm's. Rear exhaust down tubes look to be usable with very little modification. Front down tubes are going to be a challenge. The front motor mount bracket will need some modification to allow the front tubes to pass bracket. Seriously considering using a 1st gen MKII front end I have intsead of the RSV front end. The RSV unit is massive compared to a 1st gen unit. I don't have the wheels for the RSV, so I want to use a set of VMax wheels on this. The fork spread is over an inch wider than the 1st gen which would make the use of the VMax wheels improbable. I have tried the 1st gen triple tree in the RSV frame and it matches what is needed. I like the styling of the RSV fender more than the 1st gen, but It may not get used. I think I can mount the RSV handlebars & controls on the 1st gen upper tree bracket with minimal modification. I will have to set tank on frame to see if there will be a clearance issue with this change. Bike will be a single seater with no fairing, saddle bags etc. Minimal instrumentation, no radio. Looking at a VMax instrument pod & speedometer. Have a VMax final drive for it. Gary
  23. I've heard it over and over that the 1st gen is faster than the 2nd gen.I have a 86 and a 99 with sidecar.There is a straight stretch of road here we call the dragstrip.From the big rock to the mailbox I ran 85 on the 86.On the same stretch on my 99 I ran80 and that was with the sidecar.Does anyone have documented proof that the 1st gen is faster other that I said it is.does anyone have drag slips where the same rider rode both bikes?I HONESTLY do not believe my 86 is faster than my 99. PS. Bet this will probably be deleted within the first 10 repliees but I do need an answer and not just an opinion.
  24. I know this isn't the perfect forum for this, but it will work. I have a garage FULL of 1st gen parts, and I need to thin it out drastically. I will be posting pics in the classifieds, but wanted to give a heads up to the 1st gen folks. Here are a few of the body parts I have... Left side upper fairing, fair condition Couple of front fenders, fair to good condition 2 sets of MKI saddlebags, 1 with key for locks, 1 without key, Good shape Trunk for '85 and base, Fair condition 3 seats, 2 in fair shape, 1 in not so good 2 faux tank covers 1 pair of engine side panels, fair to good condition 5 factory stereos all work, including the cassette players, fair to good condition 1 CLASS pump compressor assembly, works well I could go on, but you get the drift. If anyone is looking for oddball parts, I have a got of inner plastic parts, fenderwells and such. If your looking for something shoot me a PM, or if you want to buy the lot of misc parts, we can do that too.