Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. One of the things that surprises me about this forum is the number of people that will open a post and never make any kind of comment. An example of this is a birthday wish I made to another member yesterday and it has now had 69 views and not one single comment other than my original one. It is like we have a bunch of lurkers that never have anything to say. It says there was 70 viewing the Wateringhole and there has only been a few comments over the last hour. RandyA
  2. I'm wiring up my heated vest and I am installing a hi low off switch. Anyone know what type of switch I should get? Spdt or dpdt? I would prefer one that I only need to wire in a single power source so it should have a built in resistor if there is such a thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  3. I'm looking to buy a trailer. I'm particularly interested in a single wheeled type. Anybody out there pull a single wheel like an N Line, or Uni-Go, or anything like that? Looking for pro and con feedback. Thanks so much, Lynn
  4. Sorry if this has already been discussed but I did a quick search and did not find an answer in the posts I read. I went to the Sirius website and discovered that they list two different diaphrams for my 1986 Venture Royale. One is a package of four SD1 diaphrams and the other is single SD10's. Anybody know which is the best one for my bike and what the difference would be. They look different from each other in the pictures. Price is similar.
  5. I came up on the waiting list today and was able to order one of the Raspberry Pi single board computers. Paid for it via Paypal. Says up to 3 week delivery time. Raspberry Pi is a single board computer the size of a cigarette pack. Runs linux. total cost for the computer was $43 inc postage. requires a usb keyboard & mouse & video (one of several options). And a way to download their version of linux to a 4gb SD memory card. Or you can buy a pre-loaded memory card for another $18. The computer was designed by some university types in the UK for use by school kids learning to program. But at the price, a lot of people who want to try linux and programming are going to buy one. http://www.raspberrypi.org/
  6. I recently installed progressive springs and all seems to be fine with myself as a single rider. A bit stiff but expected. Yesterday my wife and I went for a ride and the ride definitely was smoother. I did hear what I thought was spring noise when taking off from a dead stop after a decent descending stop. I think the coils probably compressed about ½ inch to maybe an inch. My wife and & together riding gear and with some stuff maybe pushing around 350 lbs if that makes any difference. When I say spring noise it sounded like something was grinding lightly or rubbing against the springs as it was expanding. But I can’t imagine a ½ to 1 inch movement could make that much noise. The sound lasted about 1 full second. I did not hear anything during the breaking as the springs were compressing. I’ve heard that one is supposed to install the tight coils first which for that helps with spring noise, which I did. What does spring noise sound like. The OEM springs made no noise. Is what I’m hearing normal? Is there a breakin period?
  7. Thanx to the help of several venturerider members and the delphi motorcycle trailer forum, I am in the final stages of my single wheel trailer build. The trailer consists of a plastic Delta Truck Toolbox bolted onto a Milwaukee hand truck with 250# rated torsion axle and 8" wheel. It weighs approximately 90# (empty) and is 100 inches in total length (hitch to end of fender). I expect when fully loaded with my expected cargo, it will weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of 160-180#. The total trailer height is approx. 34 inches and the width is 20 inches, so it tucks neatly behind the bike. I have given it several test rides and it pulls effortlessly and tracks as advertised with the bike. Recently I read the following post on delphi forum: "With all the folks that seem to be building or thinking about building 1 wheel trailers, something came to mind that I thought I would mention for those to give some thought to. If you are going to tow a 1 wheel please make sure your hitch is up to the task. A 1 wheel will inpart forces on the hitch that a 2 wheel does not. Please make sure your hitch choice can handle the twist forces that a 1 wheel applys to the hitch. Most hitches I have seen are made to pull a 2 wheel and may not work safely with a 1 wheel the way they come. Now some may be fine and others may need to be modified a bit to make them safe." I have a Venturedad hitch on my 2000 RSV and after each test ride it appeared to remain straight and secure upon visual inspection. My question to those who have experience pulling single wheels or those with other inside info., is this hitch up to task of pulling a single wheel trailer or what modification may be needed to make it so. My limited knowledge says I am OK, however, I would like the opinions of others with more experience and knowledge on the subject. Thanx, Jerry
  8. Any one got a site for good quality cassettes I looked on e-bay and any thing good like Pink Floyd dark side of the Moon, ZZ Top AC/DC/ Led Zeppelin etc... hell they want like $10 plus shipping Back when I was buying them NEW I think they only cost lik $3.99 or in that area. I thought maybe 50cents for a cassette I even went to the flea market today here in Tampa not a single cassette to be found. Don't have a MP# player and don't want to buy a CD player, just want a few tapes for those long distance can't find a good radio station rides
  9. Suggestions on best way to scan documents for email? Using lexmark software that came with scanner, document scans come either .jpg or .pdf A single 8.5x11 page is typically 3-5meg, a bit large for email.
  10. Col Ralph Parr is a Double Fighter Ace; Fought in WWII, Korea & Vietnam. Before starting you should get your favorite beverage for this is quite a long read but it Exemplify the American Fighting Spirit. He shares one experience where he single handed took on 16 Mig-15s. http://www.goldengatewing.org/proptalk/speaker.cfm?ID=26 I'd recommend purchasing the CD. It is great to invite friends over to share with friends on Veterans Day.
  11. I really need to get rid of the heel portion of the shifter. I don't use, its in my way. Where can I find a single shifter for this '08 RSV?
  12. Due to very little interest and responses on getting together this year at Asheville for a mini rally or extended meet and eat, I am going to advise the KOA campground that we are not going to have a get together this year. Maybe next year we can see about putting something together and we can see what interest there is then. In my "Let's talk about Asheville" thread, there were over 70 hits and not one single comment. RandyA
  13. Hello, After four years not running I have scraped together enough time and money to get my 84 Royale running if I buy one set of carb gaskets and cut the rest by hand. (3 kids in college) I am wondering were I might get the best price on a single set of carb gaskets *and* a single vacuum piston (buddy who is helping called it a 'slider'). Thanks very much. Mitch & Kim Graves 118 S Fillmore St Edwardsville IL 62025
  14. Guest

Will it fit?

I am thinking about getting an enclosed trailer for my RSTD. I will want to haul two bikes in it at times both full size with bags. I am looking at a 7x12 single axle I think they will fit. could I go 6x12(cheaper)? If anyone has experience I would appreciate the info. Thanks Reno
  15. Today.... we've had more rain that any other single day in august...ever Today.... we've had more rain than we've had in total all summer Today.... we've had more rain in any one single day since winter of 2005 man oh man is it WET out! Thankfully, it will all pass and be bright and sunny by Thursday!
  16. I have a 2007 Royal Star Tour Deluxe. I had a rear flat and had to have the tire replaced last week. Drove it twice and now have oil/grease leaking all over my garage. It seems to be coming out between the wheel and the shaft drive. Anybody have any idea what it might be..didn't have a single leak of any kind until this guy changed my tire. Is this something I can possibly fix..shop here wants $100 just to take a look at it and then will charge from there! Thanks
  17. I have a 2007 Royal Star Tour Deluxe. I had a rear flat and had to have the tire replaced last week. Drove it twice and now have oil/grease leaking all over my garage. It seems to be coming out between the wheel and the shaft drive. Anybody have any idea what it might be..didn't have a single leak of any kind until this guy changed my tire. Is this something I can possibly fix..shop here wants $100 just to take a look at it and then will charge from there! Thanks
  18. Fox Lake, WI to Potato Creek, IN and back... Extra Miles-------650 miles Extra Fuel--------13.5 gal Extra Moola-------40 dollars Not touching one single bit of the Chicago area either way.......Priceless Later, Scooter Bob
  19. I'm looking for saddlebag lid rails for my 88VR. Ebay currently has a single right side rail only. Does anybody know where I might find a set?
  20. I want to repaint my motorcycle. It is currently a two tone paint scheme (see pic in my signature). Where would I find the paint codes? Since I will likely paint it myself, I will likely just go with the single color - haven't decided yet if it will be the red or the gray.
  21. Hmm I can JUST hear the puns now.. Bummer, whilst installing my seat, one of the bolts (studs) snapped off.. Impressive since I wasn't applying any torque to the wrench at all but it's busted so now the seat is attached to the bike via one single bolt / stud.. Is there a quick fix to this or what is involved in getting this repaired? Cheers
  22. First let me say that I am electrically challenged ( boy that was kind!). I saw a cheap tach at Harbor freight in their flyer (part # 98480) and I took a chance and bought it. I have attached the instructions and I have many questions that the paperwork did not answer. 1) Will it work on the Venture even if only as a tool for syncing the carbs. 2) Do you think it is a double pulse or a single pulse. (what do I need?) 3) If it is a single pulse can something be put in line to make it work. I have seen where Harleys require a electronic gizmo to put in line to make some tachs works 4) It can be used on a 4, 6, or 8 cylinder. Could I trick it and set it on 8 instead of 4 ???? Any help from you electronic Gurus would be a great help. Oh Ya.... What the heck is an "electronic signal point" as stated in the NOTE ? Remember I am electronically challenged to say the least. Tell me what else I should know about this before I hurt myself.... PLEASE Steve aka Bubber
  23. I've been thinking about buying a trailer to haul the bike on occasionally and everyone here has talked me out of an enclosed trailer in favor of an open one. Since I would like to be able to travel with friends I want to be able to haul two bikes. I've narrowed my choice down to an Aluma MC210. It's a bit pricey at $2900 but I like the all aluminum construction. Does anyone have any experience with either the MC210 or MC10 (single bike) trailers? How does the RSV fit on the trailer? Would it be possible to move a wheel chock to the center to carry a single bike? Here's a couple of links to the trailers: http://www.trailershopper.com/page-23447.html http://www.alumaklm.com/mc210_motorcycle_trailer.html Thanks, Dennis
  24. Has anyone made a single carb manifold for the Yamaha V4?
  25. Does anyone have the single shift lever? I have the stock toe/heel lever but never use the heel end. I caught my rain pants on the heel end the other day and almost dumped. If anyone has a single and wants to change back to the toe/heel, I would be interested in a trade. Otherwise I will probably just cut off the heel end. BTW, this is for a 07 RSV. Also would be interested in a fuel cap cover and a cover for the rear of the fuel tank.