IGNORED

Cheap lights + waste not, want not...

Monsta

I had a set of the OEM red reflectors that used to go on the rear crash bars until the bag rails were installed.

Not wanting to waste them PLUS wanting a bit more light in the back (doesn't everyone?) I decided to remove the reflector part from the base (it is only double-sided taped on). Couple of plastic screws (made for plastic not made OUT of plastic! :hihi: ) held them together.

A little wiring from the Blue wire at the brake light connector by the battery and adding a ground finished it right up.

I drilled holes in the back of the OEM reflector backing plate (not the part that hold the reflector) so that I could run the wires right underneath the bags and up under the seat.

Haven't tried it at night yet but they are certainly visible in the day!

2 lights (incandescent)

'bout 8' of 16ga wiring (4' of black, 4' of red)

1 Scotchlock

A bit of electrical tape to "harness" the wires together.

Probably didn't spend but $10. Darn cheap and effective.

Monsta that's pretty much what I did to my bike as well. Actually I still used the marker on the sides and picked up a second set and mounted them on my top rail in back of the bags. I used the led lights that fit the Wings. JC Whitney sells em. Exspensive buggers thou.

I also drilled a hole in the rails, running wire thru them and out up front exiting near the fender. Did the electrical hook ups under the seat.

I've got some pics here on the site in one of the rear light posts.

Also have a Show Chrome License with red led as a running light and additional turn lights on it, the oem spolier light bar as running/brake light, an a red lead strip light under the trunk for an additional 3rd brake light.

I wanted to be seen as well. Oh and added the yellow led lights to the front fork reflectors too.

Larry

Pretty cool... I was looking at your gallery the other day and you gave me the inspiration to use the reflector bases! Had forgot your name until I just checked out your gallery again! :happy34:

MrPhoto1 gave me the idea to use those marker lights from Wal-Mart. :)