IGNORED

20 W 50 V-Twin oil

I am using 10 W 40 Mobil 1 and when I talked to my local mechanic about my clutch basket change he suggested that on my next oil change I go to 20 W 50.

The only Mobil 1 20 W 50 oil I can find says V-Twin on the label but it also says that it's wet clutch friendly.

I'm guessing that the V-twin is meant for HD's, can this oil ( V-Twin) be used in my Venture w/o worry of any damage ??

Ceritanly 20/50...you just got 2 V-Twins.

Might even quiten it down a little. But then again it might not.

I just couldn't imagine it being a detriment but being new to Yamaha I had to ask. The mechanic said that perhaps it MIGHT quiet the noise a little. He also said that my bike was a lot quieter than a lot he has heard.

I hope to offer help here, if you really want to quiet your bike, go to http://www.schaefferoil.com. Look for a rep or a retail outlet in your area. You should be able to purchase 20/50 for about $6.00 retail. Schaeffer is a synth/dino. I have been using it w/ exceptional results for a very long time. I use it in all my toys. A remarkable product.

If you need help locating someone, 'e' me...I'll be happy to assist.

Ride Easy,

Renne

I tried Amsoil 20w50 synthetic ... made no difference to the engine sound. I also tried Shell Rotella T 15w40 dino oil ... not much different. Am now using Mobil 1 10w40 synthetic ... these engines are just noisy ... mechanic at the dealer that put my I-basket in said mine didn't sound any different than most of the ones he's heard. He said he's heard lots that are noisier and a few that are quieter and he's heard some clutch basket whines that were real loud ... way more than mine.

Does anyone use YamahaLube anymore? LOL

See this link:

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38312]mobil one 4t racing - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

I use Mobil 1's sister to the 20 50 V Twin formulation and I highly recommend it. I had Here are the details...

https://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English...4T_10W-40.aspx

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 is recommended for four-cycle motorcycles which specify the use of a 10W-40 engine oil. It provides excellent performance in motorcycle engines that are designed with a common engine/transmission lubrication system or where the engine lubrication system is separate from the transmission system. In the case of the latter, follow the manufacturer's recommendation for the type of fluid to be used in the transmission. Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 engine oil is also designed to provide the proper frictional characteristics necessary for wet-clutch engine/transmission systems. Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 exceeds the requirements of API Service Categories SH, SG/CF, CD, JASO MA and has been fully tested, both on laboratory dynamometers and in the field, to provide optimum horsepower and acceleration.

Fully synthetic Mobil 1 motorcycle oils are specifically engineered for use in motorcycles. The formulations are based on the proven technology used in other Mobil 1 automotive products, yet they are optimized for the unique requirements of a motorcycle engine and/or transmission. You can use them with confidence, knowing they will protect your bike in extreme situations where conventional motor oils simply cannot compare, including extended high-speed operation and prolonged idling in summertime traffic.

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 was previously known as Mobil 1 MX4T 10W-40.

Does anyone use YamahaLube anymore? LOL

yeah so of us have no other choice as the Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 everyone is refering to isn`t carried in town here.. Yamalube is about the only game in town, whether you want it or not.. sigh