IGNORED

I Jumped Ship

playboy

Well I went and did it. Just couldn't take that poor slow speed handling anymore especially after I discovered that it didn't have to be that way. Took a test ride on one in Daytona and just loved the handling. So I pulled the plug Saturday the 12th. Logged a little over 1k since then and starting to get familiar with it. The transmission shifts a lot better once you get used to it. With a little added preload with your foot before shifts there as smooth as glass. Just takes practice to do it repeatedly. It's not nearly as comfy as the RSV the wife lost some of her room but I still have plenty. Biggest complaint is the seat I'm going to give Rick a call and see if he can help us before we try and aftermarket. As far as cooling I feel the heat factor is as good if not a little better than the RSV it hit 80 today and it never was uncomfortable. Wind protection is good with stock shield and rain protection is pretty close to the RSV but we only rode in a lite shower bringing it home. Gas mileage 2 up is as good and maybe a little better according to the display but haven't put a calculator to it yet still having to much fun. I don't think I will miss the Venture as much as I thought I would.

Vincent

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver T is going to have to ride a little further south.

http://http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=83641&stc=1&d=1398034051http://http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=83642&stc=1&d=1398034051http://http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=83643&stc=1&d=1398034051

My G*D it worse then buying a Hardly!!!!!! :crying:

Forgive me for my outburst I just think those things are Three Bag ugly!!!! :whistling:

Well I have to admit it had to grow on me the Vision I don't think ever will but I haven't rode one.

So have you ever taken one for a spin ? If you haven't don't unless you like the taste of crow :stickpoke:

Very nice !!

Guess your gonna leave like so many have in the past ?

Guess there be no more Mena meets

Not sure about that yet Buddy. I was in Mena today and came through there last Sunday too. It was cloudy today and was remembering that wet ride we had last year.

So have you ever taken one for a spin ? If you haven't don't unless you like the taste of crow :stickpoke:

:thumbsup2:...............:whistling:............

I have been looking at them too and a few other ones, but have not made my mind up yet as to what I want.. I definitely want a lighter bike, and I am looking for something that is really good on gas.....

Burgman 400 maybe.. being it gets around 72 to 83 miles per gallon... :confused24:

Burgman 400Z may not fit the description of big when it comes to capacity alone, in sheer physical size it’s as big as the 650.

Add in a massive underseat carrying capacity of 62 litres and you can tuck away 6 litres more junk than the 650 too. That’s the equivalent of a massive rucksack and enough kit for a weekend, or a spare pair of shoes and a laptop swallowed with ease.

With the ability to hit almost 100mph should sir require, tons of luggage space with enough room to stow away a weekend’s worth of luggage, and fuel consumption that’s not going to trouble the world oil crisis, the Suzuki Burgman is an often over-looked big to medium scooter.

It’s slightly susceptible to side winds but stable at speed when the wind dies down. It will hold 80mph if required and in town is an absolute treat. It’s more than fast enough away from the lights, the ABS is strong and powerful, the handling light and easy to manoeuvre, and despite being reasonably sized, it’s much easier to thread through traffic than a big tourer, yet with similar levels of weather protection. The headlight is good too

Guest tx2sturgis

Burgman....(snip)

I tossed the idea of a maxi-scooter around for years. I test rode a few. The Yamaha T-Max 500cc scooter will outrun and out-handle damn near ANY big cruiser/tourer...Period. I dont care how fast you think your bike is, that scooter will probably leave it in the dust on curvy roads...but maybe not the dragstrip.

I own a small 150cc scooter. Lots of fun, easy to ride, easy on gas, and very comfy.

Storage space too!

But....

You will not like the frequent maintenence chores that type of transmission/final drive requires, and there is no getting around this fact:

A grown man on a scooter looks....well you KNOW how it looks.

:crackup:

I found a world of practicality and fun on the Ural. Not as fast, but it will haul 600 lbs of stuff, do it with style, and everyone LOVES the bike and thinks its cool!

Not that I really care, but its a side benefit.

Before you dump a lump-sum on a scooter...at least go LOOK at the Urals...

Ok?

:happy34:

Edited by tx2sturgis

Sweet........ I was at the Victory dealer the other day and I'll be back there later this coming week for a CCT test ride. I really like the options you have with them, the ability to remove the bags, tour pack and front lowers really have my interest. If only they offered it in that flat grey :thumbsup2: , no special orders :bang head:

Stick around, you don't have to own a Venture to still be part of the family here!!

Yeh stick around ----We havent had a lot of experience Heckling Victory riders yet and the Harley thing is sort of getting old. We need a fresh target and some fresh material.:backinmyday::stickpoke::rotf: