IGNORED

I Jumped Ship

playboy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A

Well I have to admit it had to grow on me the Vision I don't think ever will but I haven't rode one.

So have you ever taken one for a spin ? If you haven't don't unless you like the taste of crow :stickpoke:

i

Playboy,, that Vic would have taken about as long as takes for me to pack it up and head west for it to grow on me,, THAT IS GORGEOUS!! I have spent a little time playing with the Victories too,, I still contend that there is NOTHING on two wheels that handles like the Vision 8 Ball,, LOVE the 106,, buddy had an earlier model than yours and had some electrical issues,, I am sure these newer ones are way better.. On the plus side, Victory treated him great with their warranty - something that seems lacking in today market place..

At any rate, congrats on your new baby,, here's to many many trouble free fun miles!!

Puc

So have you ever taken one for a spin ? If you haven't don't unless you like the taste of crow :stickpoke:

:thumbsup2:...............:whistling:............

I have been looking at them too and a few other ones, but have not made my mind up yet as to what I want.. I definitely want a lighter bike, and I am looking for something that is really good on gas.....

Burgman 400 maybe.. being it gets around 72 to 83 miles per gallon... :confused24:

Burgman 400Z may not fit the description of big when it comes to capacity alone, in sheer physical size it’s as big as the 650.

Add in a massive underseat carrying capacity of 62 litres and you can tuck away 6 litres more junk than the 650 too. That’s the equivalent of a massive rucksack and enough kit for a weekend, or a spare pair of shoes and a laptop swallowed with ease.

With the ability to hit almost 100mph should sir require, tons of luggage space with enough room to stow away a weekend’s worth of luggage, and fuel consumption that’s not going to trouble the world oil crisis, the Suzuki Burgman is an often over-looked big to medium scooter.

It’s slightly susceptible to side winds but stable at speed when the wind dies down. It will hold 80mph if required and in town is an absolute treat. It’s more than fast enough away from the lights, the ABS is strong and powerful, the handling light and easy to manoeuvre, and despite being reasonably sized, it’s much easier to thread through traffic than a big tourer, yet with similar levels of weather protection. The headlight is good too

Hey Eck,, I have a Honda Helix that Tippy and I ride allll the time as an around town bike.. Things a BLAST!! It is soooo much a moving couch it aint funny.. I have only had one bad experience with it in all the time I have owned it.. Got a flat tire on the rear, had Tip on the back and a bunch of groceries packed on it.. I have had my share of flat tires on motorcycles in my life,, everything from dirtbikes to fully loaded Ventures with passenger and all the gear and I can tell ya,, I have NEVER had a trickier bike to ride to a stop with a flat rear tire than that Helix!! It was scarey UNREAL..

Our neighbor has a Honda Silver Wing, absolutley LOVES it!! Talk about FLY - and talk about AWESOME brakes,, the ABS on the new scooters are nothing short of amazing..

Hey Playboy. Congratulations on a very nice bike. I have been looking at those as well, and was down to the Victory and the new Harley Ultra limited. I finally decided on the Ultra, and very happy with it. Hope to see y'all again on one of the get togethers.

Brian

Edited by exrsa1

I love it. The Cross Country and the Vision believe it or not are about the only bikes I would consider trading my 09 for. They just simply ride great and handle very nice and light for a big bike. I was real close to a vision before the RSV. But we just really worried about the actual capacity of the bags and trunk. The CCT is better than the RSV or at least equal I think.

I test road the cross country tourer twice at Daytona and was so impressed with the ride and handling the wife didn't like the heat from the motor but other than that we both liked it alot

Removing the Catalytic converters makes a big difference because they are directly under the passenger's feet.

Silver T is going to have to ride a little further south.

http://http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=83641&stc=1&d=1398034051http://http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=83642&stc=1&d=1398034051http://http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=83643&stc=1&d=1398034051

Looks good on ya! Congrats! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

I test road the cross country tourer twice at Daytona and was so impressed with the ride and handling the wife didn't like the heat from the motor but other than that we both liked it alot

The ride and handling is what sold me Rick. Never ridden a HD just sat on a few at dealers and friends love the looks but always felt cramped up but I'm 6' 3'' so go figure. The CCT has the most room for me so much so that I doubt that I will be installing any foot pegs. As far as the heat the vents on lowers and fairing offer a lot of options for managing the heat. The short rides in Daytona were not long enough to really get to play with it much. I also added the stage 1 pipes, filter,and remapping and to me it took out a lot sluggishness at low rpm that I felt on the one at Daytona.

Playboy,

Congrats! God I love that bike! I really like the fact that it has a new edge look to it, but it also maintains the look of a motorcycle.

Where did you buy it?

Gregory Polaris in Jacksonville, AR

They have one just like it at Greeson Victory in Hot Springs

The ride and handling is what sold me Rick. Never ridden a HD just sat on a few at dealers and friends love the looks but always felt cramped up but I'm 6' 3'' so go figure. The CCT has the most room for me so much so that I doubt that I will be installing any foot pegs. As far as the heat the vents on lowers and fairing offer a lot of options for managing the heat. The short rides in Daytona were not long enough to really get to play with it much. I also added the stage 1 pipes, filter,and remapping and to me it took out a lot sluggishness at low rpm that I felt on the one at Daytona.

First thing you should add now is the Lloydz Timing Wheel. Makes a big difference in the bottom end power.

With the mods I've done, I can crack it at 1800 and no faltering. Stock would have been around 2200.

So what all have you done and what about the warranty ? You know we have explored all of the mods to a 2nd gen to death :stirthepot: and Dingy is reinventing the 1st gen :stirthepot: so let er rip. Hey if it's " Three Bag Ugly " it might as well be fast :whistling:

The boss just might have to give us our own corner

So what all have you done and what about the warranty ?

Warranty? These things have a warranty? ... for what? :whistling:

Here's the list...

Lloydz high flow air filter

Stage 1 ECM flash

02's disconnected

CATs gutted

Lloydz timing wheel @ 2 degrees advance

D&D slip-on mufflers

Lloydz VFC-III (Victory Fuel Controller)

1/4 turn throttle ring

HID bulbs high & low

Gustaffsson shorty flip shield

The boss just might have to give us our own corner

is there a Harley corner? (I think that will come first)

is there a Harley corner? (I think that will come first)

A corner for harleys are you kidding you know that harley mentality they had to have there own site.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Another plus for the CCT is the tire sizes match the Gold Wing so that should give a person a lot more options and availability.

Edited by playboy

Warranty? These things have a warranty? ... for what? :whistling:

Here's the list...

Lloydz high flow air filter

Stage 1 ECM flash

02's disconnected

CATs gutted

Lloydz timing wheel @ 2 degrees advance

D&D slip-on mufflers

Lloydz VFC-III (Victory Fuel Controller)

1/4 turn throttle ring

HID bulbs high & low

Gustaffsson shorty flip shield

You know when I bought my Venture I dint have to work on it here you are already talking about what you done to make it run cooler and better ? Wouldn't it better to buy a cycle where you don't have to fix it

:stirthepot::mo money::rotfl:

I hear ya Buddy I think I will leave well enough alone at least till the warranty is out. But if a person is so inclined looks like alot of performance mods for these things.

I guess I missed something haven't been on much lately so are you back on two wheels?

I hear ya Buddy I think I will leave well enough alone at least till the warranty is out. But if a person is so inclined looks like alot of performance mods for these things.

I guess I missed something haven't been on much lately so are you back on two wheels?

[/quote

Yes sir read my thread "never say never "

Edited by buddy

You know when I bought my Venture I dint have to work on it here you are already talking about what you done to make it run cooler and better ? Wouldn't it better to buy a cycle where you don't have to fix it

:stirthepot::mo money::rotfl:

AHEM! as I recall .... on the RSV I had to change out the clutch basket in hopes of getting rid of that frikken whine ... which helped ... some. Then I had to try a 130 front tire to improve the terrible low speed handling.... which helped ... some but not enough so I then went and installed levelling links which again helped... some but it still handled like crap at low speed.

Oh yea ... and I had to change the tires coz the stock ones were crap.

... and I had to put on the bar risers coz with the stock setup I kept getting a pain in my neck and shoulder and all the while, all of this was giving me a pain in the ... AHEM! ... and I already had one there from the seat.

What have I done to the Vic that even compares? NONE. Performance mods is all just because I wanted to ... not because the bike needed "FIXING" :Im not listening to

:smile5:

Sweet........ I was at the Victory dealer the other day and I'll be back there later this coming week for a CCT test ride. I really like the options you have with them, the ability to remove the bags, tour pack and front lowers really have my interest. If only they offered it in that flat grey :thumbsup2: , no special orders :bang head:

I'll be looking forward to your "review".

AHEM! as I recall .... on the RSV I had to change out the clutch basket in hopes of getting rid of that frikken whine ... which helped ... some. Then I had to try a 130 front tire to improve the terrible low speed handling.... which helped ... some but not enough so I then went and installed levelling links which again helped... some but it still handled like crap at low speed.

Oh yea ... and I had to change the tires coz the stock ones were crap.

... and I had to put on the bar risers coz with the stock setup I kept getting a pain in my neck and shoulder and all the while, all of this was giving me a pain in the ... AHEM! ... and I already had one there from the seat.

What have I done to the Vic that even compares? NONE. Performance mods is all just because I wanted to ... not because the bike needed "FIXING" :Im not listening to

:smile5:

boy sounds like I hit a nerve sorry about that just joking guess you cant take a joke :stickpoke::rasberry: [/b][/color]

All kidding aside ! If I had the $$ I have one in a heart beat !! Cross Country that is

I was impressed when I meet couple victory vision riders at the Hub in AR one had over 130,000 miles on his motor that's impressive for a oil cool motor