IGNORED

Surgery

1 - UP

I just was notified that because I had surgery once they cant do it again. So my choice is injections or fuse the joint. I'm not a big fan of the fuse idea. Dont know which would hurt worse, the pain I have in my back and leg or the injections.

Good luck I hope it works out for ya.:080402gudl_prv:

I go in for back surgery Monday morning at 0530. Having four disks removed. Probably be in the hospital 2 to 4 days.

1 - UP:fingers-crossed-emo

YOU are on my prayer list 1-Up!!! Been thru 5 of those surgeries myself (only they had to do rods and saddles cause of broken bones - was paralized from the waste down),, not a picnic.. I remember my Neuro Surgeon sitting in my hospital room talking to me a couple weeks after one of my surgeries telling me how unusual cases like mine were,, he said that usually they are able to go in and remove portions of the disc(s),, still paralized, I asked him how many of those types of surgeries he had been successful with.. Assuming this is what your having done, his response to that may be very important info for you (probably heard it a million times over already).. He said "those are successful to almost 100%, the problem that I have faced with that surgery is getting people to be very very careful until the "pocket" where the disc section was at before removal has a chance to fill in - if a patient isnt very careful during that crucial time the remaining disc will pop out into the void and when that happens we are right back to square one"..

Beg ya bother,, listen very carefully to your doctor no matter how "good" ya feel a few days after surgery.. Follow his instructions to the tee!! Dont overdo it..

I wish you the absolute best recovery possible!!

Puc

Just to let those who have had back surgery. This is a new proceedure where the doctor who is doing the surgery is the one who developed it. He is going in my left side with two different holes. He will take out the old disks and replace them. The ones that he puts back in will be injected with my stem cells from my hip. He has had doctors from China and Europe and all over the US to learn how he does this. He use to be a doctor in the Army, and opperated on those soldiers who jumped out of airplanes. (Never figured out why they did that.)

I was told that there would be doctors and professors watching my surgery. I appreciate the words of wisdom from those who have had back surgery. And, I thank you all for your prayers.

1 - UP

Just to let those who have had back surgery. This is a new proceedure where the doctor who is doing the surgery is the one who developed it. He is going in my left side with two different holes. He will take out the old disks and replace them. The ones that he puts back in will be injected with my stem cells from my hip. He has had doctors from China and Europe and all over the US to learn how he does this. He use to be a doctor in the Army, and opperated on those soldiers who jumped out of airplanes. (Never figured out why they did that.)

I was told that there would be doctors and professors watching my surgery. I appreciate the words of wisdom from those who have had back surgery. And, I thank you all for your prayers.

1 - UP

WOW!!! Never heard of that one,, sounds fasinating!! One of your Dr's names isnt Dr. Kimbal Pratt is it 1-Up? Pratt is the one who did my surgerys.. The reason I ask is I know that Dr. Pratt was working with a company call Depleag (or something like that) years ago in developing new stuff like you are discribing.. They were working out of the Chicago area, I sent my porfolio in to them to try and be a development guinee pig for them but my back was to far gone.. 1-Up,, what you are describing is AMAZING!! WOW,, they have come a longgg way,,, just incredible!!

Definitely praying for you and for the Dr.'s as they do their thing and that the final outcome is nothing short of miraculous!!:fingers-crossed-emo

Puc

Got home Wednesday, Still have a lot of pain (to be expected). Pain pills are helping. It doesn't look like I'll be getting back on the trike any time soon. I thank you all for the prayers. They do work. The Doctor said that the surgery went well and he was happy with the results.

1 _ UP:cool10: