IGNORED

Speed Traps

Eck

LOL Thanks Eck

This so funny places they are saying are speed traps in Duncan OK are open areas lol

I know spots that are not listed and still their in open areas thing is it's dark when they use these areas lol if you look at night time you can still see them lol people don't look I do when I do I honk my horn as I go by saying I see you lol some times they flicker the headlights at me

Had one come in asking if it was me honking and I stated yeah I saw his badge he started laughing

The Virginia info in the Rt 1, King St., and Quaker Lane info is spot on. I drive that area weekly for work. The motorcycle cops sit on the side street while their com-padre stands on the corner with radar.

Just one man's opinion.

Usually the posted limits are plenty swift enough for me to enjoy the ride. If I'm going materially faster I find I spend time trying to spot the speed traps, watching crossroads, the mirrors, and such. Takes away from my enjoyment of the ride.

I suspect if my interest was speed, I might have chosen a different style of machine than a top-heavy wide stanced 1300cc bagger with a cassette deck. I love my venture and I love the way the design fits my riding style.

Can my ride exceed the limits? Yup. Have I? Yup, when I have a good reason to. As a matter of routine, I choose not to.

I got into riding to relax and enjoy the countryside. There's enough stress in my life without me adding it to my riding unnecessarily.

As said, just my opinion.

We have a section of road here which was originally 90 kph. They dropped it to 60 Kph and made a killing on the speed traps they set up. After everyone got used to the 60 Kph they dropped it to 50 Kph and are still making a killing on the speed traps.

I run a radar detector on my bike for one reason, not for speeding, but because a 1st gen seems to be pretty stealthy. Due to this, if you are coming toward radar and if you have someone a distance behind you, like a big SUV or truck, the radar will read them instead of you. Radar does not read who is going fastest, it reads the strongest bounce back of the signal. Occasionally, they will set up the radar units with a big screen beside the road to show how fast someone is going and I have found that I have to get pretty close before it will read me, if I am alone on the road. If traffic is a quarter mile behind me, I can slow down below their speed and sometimes it will not pick me up at all when I go by.

When my radar detector goes off, I will check my speed, but usually, I will try to see who is behind me and see if they are speeding.

RandyA

I looked at my area. Yeah, those are patrolled and yep, cops may sit in the median and shoot radar over the hill.

One listed near me is a 2 mile 45 zone.

Should be faster but it is posted at 45. So,,, someone calls it a speed trap when they get busted for 55.

Unless the speed limit signs are set up to make you fail, I don't know that I would call it a TRAP. Just a patrolled area.

But people call it a trap, cause,,, I guess they think it should be,,,,, 20 over.

Did you mark down all the speed traps in Tennessee? Or do you remember where they are? Just asking....

No I sure didn't... I figured I would just come to your M&E again this year and see if I can make a city donation again..:rasberry: