IGNORED

Voyager Kit Exhaust

Condor

For those on the board who are using the Voyager Kit.... How are you dealing with your exhaust?? The RK's on the '04 come back and exit about 6" in front of the mounting plate. Am I the only one?? On mine I can imagine the exhaust fumes not only cooking the plate, but also circulating back up toward the cockpit. I have picked up a set of RK turn downs to correct, but wondered if anyone else had the same problem....

• 3 weeks later...

Condor,

You have a taller and narrower rear plate than what is on my Voyager kit. Mine runs the full width and looks more like a bumper and the exhaust outlets are higher than it. I have not noticed any exhaust smell yet, but every time I have a chance to ride, it has been raining out. I haven't put that many miles on yet.

Take care,

Dave

Condor,

You have a taller and narrower rear plate than what is on my Voyager kit. Mine runs the full width and looks more like a bumper and the exhaust outlets are higher than it. I have not noticed any exhaust smell yet, but every time I have a chance to ride, it has been raining out. I haven't put that many miles on yet.

Take care,

Dave

Me neither Dave. Mines an '06 model and they did make'm wider in later year productions. It's probably the main reason they went to a wider lower type rear 'bumper'?? If mine were lower the exhaust would clear. I think?? the plate was designed to hide the rear tire, and make it look more like a true trike conversion... I did pick up a set of rare Harley NOS turndowns off Ebay. I say rare since I haven't seen a set since.... anywhere... In later models they do have turndown tips for the newer exhaust. I just couldn't afford the Harley slip ons and the tips..., or anyone else's for that matter... :mo money:

For those on the board who are using the Voyager Kit.... How are you dealing with your exhaust?? The RK's on the '04 come back and exit about 6" in front of the mounting plate. Am I the only one?? On mine I can imagine the exhaust fumes not only cooking the plate, but also circulating back up toward the cockpit. I have picked up a set of RK turn downs to correct, but wondered if anyone else had the same problem....

The rear plate for mine comes all the way across as well, I just left it off, for now. I have plans(don't we all) to cut a circular holes in the plate and weld a sheet metal "funnel" in there

to get the exhaust out.

The rear plate for mine comes all the way across as well, I just left it off, for now. I have plans(don't we all) to cut a circular holes in the plate and weld a sheet metal "funnel" in there

to get the exhaust out.

Mine's an '06 Voyager that has that rectangular plate in the center of rear cross member. Check the pics out. Newer years are lower and run all the way across. The plate is attached to two uprights and blocks off the slip-ons. I guess leaving the plate off would be a short term option, but the turndowns gotta be the right answer.

Edited by Condor