IGNORED

Contest - lets play a game

XV1100SE

Just thought I'd make things a little interesting....

I've had several comments that I have added a lot to my bike. Thought I'd have a contest where whoever can spot the most additions and changes (eg: paint, chrome...anything), I'll pay one year of their membership to VR.org. In the event of a tie, the winner will be the one who emailed me their list first.

My '09 RSV is a non-"S" version to which I've added approx $6,000 in "things" that are non-original.

Some things you can't see but based on what you do see you need to know that what you can't see is there.

For example... from one thing you'll see, you should "know" that there is a M61A1MECH

wiring harness.

I'll give you a couple things that you can't see and wouldn't be able to figure out...

- aux splitter

- 6 gang fuse block

- rare earth magnets

- DEKA ETX20L AGM battery

- TLC saddlebag and trunk liners (not in pictures)

- Hopnel trunk rack bag (not in pictures)

- Rivco brake light flasher module

Since the photos, I've added a choke knob cover and ordered a handle bar mounted tach. I have but have yet to install LED side marker lights.

You might think there isn't anything left to do but I already have plans for the winter to add chrome side covers and convert to stainless steel braided cables/hoses.

I've attached pictures here but due to size limitations you can't zoom in enough to clearly see some items. Go to this photobucket link to see higher resolution images. http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/xv1100se/library/

There are more than 50 things added to my '09 RSV... so PM me with your list. Person with the most correct list wins one year of VR.org membership paid for by me.

Contest closes at noon (EST) on August 8th when I'll tally the responses and post the name of the winner and my complete list.

Email your list to dtohivsky@bell.net and post here when you send me your "entry". You can post here the number of items you see, but do NOT list the items in this thread.

This is a test for someone that knows what was original equipment on an RSV (non-"S") and can spot subtle clues.

I ask the moderators to delete any posts that list items.

Contest is open to all members (including trial members).

I can't answer questions about whether there is this or that on my bike.

To get the most complete answer you have to look at everything from the ground up. I'm not expecting people to say that something is wired with relays, but you have to consider everything else.

Again...the list is everything that was not on the bike when it came out of the crate.

No hints...

I would love to go toe to toe with my friend Larry BUT, he is much more intelligent about all this bling stuff than I am.. Now if we were talking stickers,, I may be able to compete.. Tell ya what XV,, give me some elbow room on getting specific names of items correct - for instance, if I call a floor board a "thingy you put your feet on" and you will accept that I will take a shot at it...

GORGEOUS bike by the way!!:thumbsup:

Entry submitted, list should make XV laugh as I have no idea what some of the things he has added are called:rotf:

CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR ACTUAL LIST XV!! Hope I at least got more than my friend Carbon One, every time I see him he has this glow in his eyes of competition :rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

:bighug:

Entry submitted, list should make XV laugh as I have no idea what some of the things he has added are called:rotf:...

How about this? If i win, then you buy a set of my fins?....

I'll be lenient with your list Scott. :-)

Mike - to be honest...there are some things I don't like and wouldn't add. I agree that the diamond cut fins are nice, but I don't think I'd like them on my bike. Believe it or not...I do think you can go overboard and with what I already have and what I'm planning for winter (chrome side covers) I think it would be too much.

I think having a contest like this once in a while can be fun. Hopefully other's will do the same thing once in a while... like a "name this part", or what I did with listing what you think is on someone else's bike.

Uhhh, no, my hands have been several of his accessories before they were on the bike...

Challenge is open to all. And trust me...you've only seen a few of the items come thru your hands. I bet you miss some of the more challenging items, as others have missed as well.

Come on Bob... give me your list ! Part of the challenge is knowing what was stock with the RSV.

I have seen the bike more than once and am friends with Don & Nancy so I am disqualifying myself...

HA...you are just scared. :whistling:

Ha,, my friend Bongo taint skeerd a nuttin,, he is just a really nice guy who thinks of his friends first and doesnt want to be known as a cheater... Kinda like when the Boss of the site is trying to sneak off with the prize of a free membership to his own site :happy-emoticon:..

Tell ya what Bongo,, I wouldnt say nothing to no body if you PM me your list and I will combine it with my list and between the two of us we SHALL conquer and rule!! And, cause no one would know but you and I (and I promise I wouldnt make another video of us bragging about what we did) we will be known as King Bongo and King Puc!:lightbulb:

I'm surprised that more people aren't taking a stab at this. I tell you what, I'm going to sweeten the pot here.

Not only does the winner get a free year added to their membership courtesy of Don but I'm going to send the winner a brand new VentureRider Guardian Bell. I will gift it to you so that it includes all the mythical powers.

Come on folks.....get your entries in.

OH...and ONE more thing Mr. Cowpaddy....or puc...or whatever. :rasberry: I am not in the running so if nobody beats me, the winner will go to the second place entry. I KNOW that somebody can beat me though.

After a few additions by Freebird to his list, and Phil's (Sleepy2) entry...we have a close race.

Larry (CarbonOne) - 31.5

Scott (Cowpuc) - 21.5

Don (Freebird) - 38

Phil (Sleepy2) - 40

Challenge is there for you Bob. Considering Freebird has entered and Phil (who has seen my bike in person a number of times)....if they couldn't get perfect scores, you think you can ?

There are enough "hidden" gems - some obvious, some you have to think about - that everyone has a good shot at this. Hoping for several more contestants.

I'm surprised that more people aren't taking a stab at this. I tell you what, I'm going to sweeten the pot here.

Not only does the winner get a free year added to their membership courtesy of Don but I'm going to send the winner a brand new VentureRider Guardian Bell. I will gift it to you so that it includes all the mythical powers.

Come on folks.....get your entries in.

OH...and ONE more thing Mr. Cowpaddy....or puc...or whatever. :rasberry: I am not in the running so if nobody beats me, the winner will go to the second place entry. I KNOW that somebody can beat me though.

That does it,, now ya got my dandriff up,, lets pull out all the stops here gang,,, Bongo,, you gotta sic these guys,,, activate those all knowing brain cells and NAIL em all.. Somebody on here has GOT to know 2nd Gens well enough to be able to.. In the spirit of sanity and good form,, someone, ANYONE,,, PLEASE dont let Freebird end up passing on the winnings to second place...:no-no-no:

Hmmmm,, a free membership PLUS a VR Guardian Bell eay,,, not bad Don,, not bad at all!! This could get interesting! :thumbsup: