IGNORED

ozark ride

latchkey

were going in june to ride the ozark mtn.s anyone travel this area or been on this trip? would like some info of must see things and roads you cant miss. were starting out in jonesboro ar. thanks to all that reply

Google Petet Jean Mountain. Then go into Google Earth and just look over Ark. They have little flags that are actually pictures. Any place you see lots of pictures will be very scenic. A lot of the scenic areas are easier to get to on a dual sport type bike. Petet Jean is very accesible though. Be sure to look at the legend of Petet Jean. From Petet Jean any where northwest will be scenic.

If you are near Mountain Home or Mt View in North Central, there are endless great roads...Push Mountain Road is a great ride...There's a guy sitting there taking pictures on a nice curve.Sells them on Pushmountainspics.com ..I believe that is the website

My wife and I have already booked a cabin in Petit Jean on June 1 and 2. We are really looking forward to it and plan on doing Push mountain and 123. Any other suggestions are really appreciated. Really can't wait!

jld1960tx

coming from southern indiana across thru ky.

If you have time ride part or all (60 miles) of the Trace through Land Between The Lakes. The north end is at Grand Rivers, Ky. and it runs south to Dover, Tn. From Dover you could head west crossing the Mississippi River at Dyersburg, Tn. ,through the bootheel of Mo. and into Arkansas. Nice riding.

If you go through Blytheville, AR then you need to stop at any one of several places for a BBQ sandwich. Blytheville does mostly CHOPPED BBQ and most use a vinegar based hotsauce...AND most TOAST their buns.

There are no less than 8-10 BBQ stands in Blytheville, some are better than others, but the WORST ONE is probably better than most places outside of Blytheville.

If you are indeed going through Blytheville, let me know and I'll point you in the direction of the best.

Blytheville is my hometown (I no longer live there, but visit often). And admittedly, Blytheville is not the cleanest or safest place in the US to live, but I still call it home...and EVERY TIME I go home, I go to at least 2 different BBQ places and the donut shop they have there. Best DONUTS in the WORLD...

Wally

I just returned from there. See my earlier post. Also, something strange with the GPS units. We all had different models but all Garmin on our bikes. We would lose sattelite connection hence our planned routes multiple times a day. Sometimes for hours. I guess around Harrison AR is known for weak signals?

Hey Mike,

You didn't say when in june you are planning to be there.

Check out the calendar. There is going to be a group of VR riders meeting in Eureka Springs the 23-25. Some of the best riding around that area.

You are welcome to join us.

If you have time ride part or all (60 miles) of the Trace through Land Between The Lakes. The north end is at Grand Rivers, Ky. and it runs south to Dover, Tn. From Dover you could head west crossing the Mississippi River at Dyersburg, Tn. ,through the bootheel of Mo. and into Arkansas. Nice riding.

we done that and like it alot.

Hey Mike,

You didn't say when in june you are planning to be there.

Check out the calendar. There is going to be a group of VR riders meeting in Eureka Springs the 23-25. Some of the best riding around that area.

You are welcome to join us.

thanks, but will be there 5th thru 8th