IGNORED

I am now a Venture fan!

Sisbaiken

Let me begin,

I got my beautiful bike 2 weeks ago (Aug 15th)....new to me. She is a 2009 Venture S I believe. My son and I have logged 600 miles across the state to varies places, my wife and I have another 500+ going to varies flea markets and auctions she wants to go to, and I drive daily about 60 miles round trip M-F...so that's another approximately 600 miles.

Quick run down:

600+500+600=1700miles in 14 days.

I have nothing bad to say and neither does any of my passengers....for the first time!!!

I still have my old daily rider (85 BMW K100 runs great!), but it was not very rider or passenger friendly of someone my size (6'2 250lbs)...and shhhhh my wife isn't as small as she was back in the day either, yet still beautiful!..lol.

I found this site and have joined...so you have me for at least a year! I was surprised by how many local members to me there are. This site is filled with great advise, helpful suggestions, and wonderful pics. I look forward to meeting some of you in the near future! My uncle, aunt, wife, and myself are planning a trip of 3300 miles to Yellowstone next spring/ summer so this was a major deciding factor on us choosing a venture.

FYI... Schiets Motor Sports in Fremont, OH couldn't of been a better place to do business!!!!

Great machines, glad you are enjoying it. I have made the Sturgis trip this month and rode 3000 miles in 7 days 961 in one day coming home( personal best) I wasn't worth shooting the next day, but the bike did great. I have recovered and the bike hasn't missed a beat. All I can say is ride it like you stole it, enjoy it and go again and again.

Great memories in the making.

Bill:cool10:

Welcome aboard. You will probably like that 2nd gen bike for a long time.

Those of us with the older 1st gen Ventures will always wait for you to catch up at the next ice cream stand.....:stickpoke:

Now that you have joined the nut house, you do realize that you can never leave.

1400 miles in 2 weeks is pretty good.

AND we do have rules on this site, If there is no pictures, it didn't happen.

:worthless:

You are welcomed in but can never leave!! Now DUCK!! Headed your way are bad jokes, some useless information, hundreds if not thousands of things you can do to your ride. (an how to undo things done to your ride) And a book bigger than the Webster's Dictionary Unabridged Edition written by cowpuc!! And all this just for poking your head in! Good Times Ahead!! Did I mention tons of emoticons ??? :cool10::bighug::whistling::no-no-no::fingers-crossed-emo:stirthepot::confused24::backinmyday::rotf:

I already have compiled a list of goodies I want errr make that NEED!

I think I might tackle the conversion of the ever so useful tape deck to glove box this weekend....if I have time. My wife wants the armrest so does my son, so looking for a set of those. If I cant find any I might try to fab some up.

Guest tx2sturgis
Let me begin....

I got my beautiful bike 2 weeks ago (Aug 15th)....new to me.....

My uncle, aunt, wife, and myself are planning a trip of 3300 miles to Yellowstone next spring/ summer so this was a major deciding factor on us choosing a venture.

Let me be the first to 'razz' you:

When you get the FOUR of you on that Venture heading to Yellowstone, I WANT PICS!

:stickpoke:

:happy34:

Let me begin,

I got my beautiful bike 2 weeks ago (Aug 15th)....new to me. She is a 2009 Venture S I believe. My son and I have logged 600 miles across the state to varies places, my wife and I have another 500+ going to varies flea markets and auctions she wants to go to, and I drive daily about 60 miles round trip M-F...so that's another approximately 600 miles.

Quick run down:

600+500+600=1700miles in 14 days.

I have nothing bad to say and neither does any of my passengers....for the first time!!!

I still have my old daily rider (85 BMW K100 runs great!), but it was not very rider or passenger friendly of someone my size (6'2 250lbs)...and shhhhh my wife isn't as small as she was back in the day either, yet still beautiful!..lol.

I found this site and have joined...so you have me for at least a year! I was surprised by how many local members to me there are. This site is filled with great advise, helpful suggestions, and wonderful pics. I look forward to meeting some of you in the near future! My uncle, aunt, wife, and myself are planning a trip of 3300 miles to Yellowstone next spring/ summer so this was a major deciding factor on us choosing a venture.

FYI... Schiets Motor Sports in Fremont, OH couldn't of been a better place to do business!!!!

Welcome to the group :thumbsup2: I am sorry that you have so many of those crazy buckeyes so close to you, there are 49 other states you could escape to ! :big-grin-emoticon:

You will love Schiets.....great place and mechanics...If you have them do any work, ask that Eric works on your bike. Of course with all the help here, you can do all the work yourself. Keep an eye on the calendar for Meet and eats so you can meet some of the best people around on bikes.

Welcome to the group :thumbsup2: I am sorry that you have so many of those crazy buckeyes so close to you, there are 49 other states you could escape to !

Don't listen to some of those guys from Mich......:crackup:

Welcome!

Looks like you're a little more than an hour NW of me. Maybe we can get together sometime, do a M&E or the like.

You'll like the site, ...a bunch of great folks, and there's not a question you can ask about a Yamaha (or anything else for that matter) that someone won't have an answer for.

Glad you're here.:cool10:

• 1 month later...

Hey Sis - Congrats on purchasing THE bike and WELCOME to THE board!! Wishing you nothing but the greatest in adventure as you plan for and execute that ride to Yellerstone!!! Hope it all works out!!

P.S. - dont let the way these yahoo's carry on scare you and your Harley riding friends away from stopping at any and all VR Rally's - Meet n Greets - Ice Cream specials - Camp Outs or whatever on your way across the country... If you enjoy the site you will REALLY enjoy meeting the real live charectors who live here:backinmyday: