IGNORED

ok back together now?

oldgoat

ok after getting parts from members on here

and working in a hot storage shed i put the radiator and hoses back on the bike. just not sure how tight i got everything? i dont have much feeling in one of my hands i got all the clamps tight i hope? now just a quick and maybe dumb question? is it safe to test just useing water instead of anitfreeze? i can drain the water witht he drain valve if all looks good after the test and replace with proper antifeeze. as the cost of antifreeze just to watch it hit the floor can be a little bit expensive when your unemployed and on social security....

Ya might want to consider letting the scoot get up to normal operating temp/pressure using just the water in the cooling system. I can't see where this would harm anything and it would certainly confirm that you have no leaks/loose connections before ya load her up with the anti-freeze.

Boomer....who sez keep any eye out fer rogue pygmies with wrenches in their paws.:whistling:

ok i goofed i put it all back together put the water in fired it no leaks so i was going to do the happy dance. then sure enough i forgot why i took it apart in the first place. beside a radiator hose that blew it had a leak prior to the hose going poof. with weddings and being just plain busy.. i let it sit untill i got the hoses from a member here. and forgot to contact skydock17 the radiator on this bike had a top core small leak. and of course skydoc had one waiting on me to say ok ship it. so i have it all together my skills where good no leaks from being put together. untill warm up and then the oh crap i forgot to order something . looks like i need to contact skydoc17 and say james goofed and needs that radiator. good news is im learning to put this bike together. kind of gives an oldgoat some pride in his work. but that old memory thing can sure cost ya a days work and some tired sore old hurting muscles. like my uncle who was a mechanic he allways said son ya learn by your mistakes and you get faster every time you pull it apart and put it back together. not sure about that? he also said you know you did it right if you have cuts and bloody knuckles when your done well i got that today

now to give a shout out to skydock17 if he,s around and wait for another shot at it.:whistling:.

ok i goofed i put it all back together put the water in fired it no leaks so i was going to do the happy dance. then sure enough i forgot why i took it apart in the first place. beside a radiator hose that blew it had a leak prior to the hose going poof. with weddings and being just plain busy.. i let it sit untill i got the hoses from a member here. and forgot to contact skydock17 the radiator on this bike had a top core small leak. and of course skydoc had one waiting on me to say ok ship it. so i have it all together my skills where good no leaks from being put together. untill warm up and then the oh crap i forgot to order something . looks like i need to contact skydoc17 and say james goofed and needs that radiator. good news is im learning to put this bike together. kind of gives an oldgoat some pride in his work. but that old memory thing can sure cost ya a days work and some tired sore old hurting muscles. like my uncle who was a mechanic he allways said son ya learn by your mistakes and you get faster every time you pull it apart and put it back together. not sure about that? he also said you know you did it right if you have cuts and bloody knuckles when your done well i got that today

now to give a shout out to skydock17 if he,s around and wait for another shot at it.:whistling:.

Yep we know all about that,,,,, 3 times that engine came out,,,, now it's 'welded' in place. Thank goodness you only have a rad problem,,,,,, but can't that be soldered? or maybe JB weld?????

not sure maybe it can be? it leaks across the right top and right below the hose pipe i think? on that side i did recheck to make sure it wasent a hose and its not.

dont help much with old tools. god bless my dad for them LOL. wow you did a engine job 3 times? bet ya can do it in your sleep now. i have never worked on these bikes so im thinking 3 hours to do a radiator job might be a little slow for some? but with old stripped screws them tension hose clamps just enough room to get my hands in a tight place i think im doing good?

im starting to see some points as to why some shops wont work on old bikes if there honest they dont want to cheat you. but they realy cant do a flat rate what should be an easy 2 hour job can turn into an all day and still have problems. thank god for this site and pepole who have been there and done that who give advice on encouragement

and that means a lot to me

ok waiting on the radiator from skydoc and its on its way.

just a few questions where is the thermostat located at if its where i think it is it looks hard to get at? i also have the fan wired to a switch by the PO and cant see why he did that? after looking at the sensors he unplugged one and i cant find the clip or wire to where it goes? the temp gauge hardley moves after 5 to 10 minutes of idle. when i checked the old radiator. this bike never overheated untill that radiator started that small leak and blew an old hose to the fron of the engine. now im thinking that maybe the thermostat caused part of the problem? it may have heated up caused a small split in the radiator which made it hot and then made the hose blow? ok so whats your opions?

i do not want to put in a good radiator to watch it overheat and put me back at square one again?