IGNORED

Newbie w\ question

rpmdj1

I hope im in the right spot.

Hi all,I have been reading over the forum but couldnt find an answer so here goes.

I have a 98 royalstar xvz 1300 and have had the carbs rebuilt or overhauled keep in mind I pulled the carbs off the bike and took them to my local yamaha dealer after installing them the bike runs great with 1 problem the overdrive light blinks 3 times when the key is turned on and when you start it the light stays on.

I cant find anything in my clymers manual or the internet so any help would be most appreciated

thanks

Russ

Let me know the blink pattern and I'll see if I can help more. Gut feeling is the throttle position circuit is causing the "opportunity" but that is just a "SWAG"

the blink pattern is 3 blinks then off 3 blinks than off etc

Let me know the blink pattern and I'll see if I can help more. Gut feeling is the throttle position circuit is causing the "opportunity" but that is just a "SWAG"

according to your attachment it looks like the TPS

hello all hwey wes0778 do you have the whole manual on pdf you can put a link to thanks from another newbie :fingers-crossed-emo

I don't have any way to "link" to it, but if you wish I can put it on a CD and mail it to ya. (PM me your address)

I downloaded it somewhere here on the site. just not sure from where.