IGNORED

RIP 2001 RSV Faithful friend!

shuttlebug

Monday night 10/20/14 I was t-boned by a car with no lights darting out from a gas station. One second I was enjoying a nice night ride, next second I'm riding a helicopter to a trauma center! I do not remember the accident. only what they tell me. I had my gear on, boots, leather jacket, gloves. I was thrown 30' but only broke a big toe bone and my rt wrist and abrasions on my knees and shins above my boots- had jeans on, and a chunk out of my lip. M y poor bike is badly smashed on the rt side and it doesn't look good for a repair :( 10,000 miles touring the country this summer with not even a close call and then this. What can you do if they drive a dark car without lights!!? Scary, thought I could dodge the nuts, but they came up with better nuts!:confused24: A bunch of mods on my bike, but I may have to start over.:225: God Bless!

Not sure if I am talking to Shuttlebug or MISTER SHUTTLEBUG here,, doesnt matter I guess - response is the same.. Tippy's going wow wow,,, oh my goodness WOW and ol Pucs going OW,, TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON DORK - YA ALMOST KILLED MY FRIEND,, OW:(.. Good grief,, THAT is terrible news!!

Our thoughts, THANKFULNESS (that you guys are ok) and prayers are on their way!! Sorry to hear about that gorgeous bike but soooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad you were not hurt any worse than you are Mr. Shuttlebug!! Heal fast and best wishes in locating the next one!! :bighug:

Tip n Puc

Happily I was riding single, it is nice to have someone on the ground to catch you:bighug: It was Mister Shuttlebug that went down, and happily, not the Missus! After seeing the bike, I am amazed that my rt leg is not smashed- I guess flying was a better exit strategy. Thanks Cowpuc and Tippy and Everyone else, I'll see if I can ride my ZN1100 and maybe then get another RSV. It is scary to have reality change that quickly and without proper warning . I do want to go to another Venture West meeting!

so sorry to hear about your bike. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again...EVER!! so very glad you will be ok and hopefully ride again. Crazy idiots in dark cars with no lights! You just have to keep riding defensively and hope for the best.

Prayers that you heal soon and get back to riding..

Patti

Sorry to hear about your wreck. I hope you heal fast. As far as Venturewest goes, I'm gonna go out on a limb and speak for everyone when I say you are definately welcome, even if you are not riding a Yamaha. If you need help getting your trailer to the campsite, I can always swing by your place on my way to where ever.

Monday night 10/20/14 I was t-boned by a car with no lights darting out from a gas station. One second I was enjoying a nice night ride, next second I'm riding a helicopter to a trauma center! I do not remember the accident. only what they tell me. I had my gear on, boots, leather jacket, gloves. I was thrown 30' but only broke a big toe bone and my rt wrist and abrasions on my knees and shins above my boots- had jeans on, and a chunk out of my lip. M y poor bike is badly smashed on the rt side and it doesn't look good for a repair :( 10,000 miles touring the country this summer with not even a close call and then this. What can you do if they drive a dark car without lights!!? Scary, thought I could dodge the nuts, but they came up with better nuts!:confused24: A bunch of mods on my bike, but I may have to start over.:225: God Bless!

Idiot that hit me in 06 didn't turn his lights on til about 1/100th of a second before he t-boned me!! But it did help me see the guard rail he pushed me across the road into. And the rocks about 60 ft down if I hadn't got tangled up in the guardrail!! I remember the lights backing off and taking off down the road. I guess he came back (on foot) to see if I was dead or had any dope on me I wasn't using....He forgot to break my right arm and shoulder. This was back in the days when I was working out every day... When the Ambulance finally got there I still had him. I have no doubt he would have left.

I hope you heal quickly.

Monday night 10/20/14 I was t-boned by a car with no lights darting out from a gas station. One second I was enjoying a nice night ride, next second I'm riding a helicopter to a trauma center! God Bless!

Yikes!

We can always get another scoot, but body parts are not that easy to replace!

Glad you are OK!

Wishing you a speedy recovery and then the fun of finding another ride or repairing yours!!

God Bless...

david

Idiot that hit me in 06 didn't turn his lights on til about 1/100th of a second before he t-boned me!! But it did help me see the guard rail he pushed me across the road into. And the rocks about 60 ft down if I hadn't got tangled up in the guardrail!! I remember the lights backing off and taking off down the road. I guess he came back (on foot) to see if I was dead or had any dope on me I wasn't using....He forgot to break my right arm and shoulder. This was back in the days when I was working out every day... When the Ambulance finally got there I still had him. I have no doubt he would have left.

I hope you heal quickly.

YIKES! Now that's a bad one! Good thing you caught him- any criminal charges?