IGNORED

VentureRider.Org CB Channel?

MiCarl

Mostly it's channel 29, but I hear some guys are trying to communicate on channel 9,, it's not legal, but it's easier if your CB doesn't have live power for some reason, you don't hear much and always have an excuse as to why you missed the turn,,, other than that I amazed at the consensus here, lucky there are aren't more channels.

• 5 years later...
Channel 20 works better for strongest/farthest signal. That mid range between 1-40 is why truckers use 19 and 21. One is for N-S travel and the other is E-W oriented. When I travel with other bikers, we use 20 for sure.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

It just seems strong because you is all by yourself. But hope is near. When you get lonely you're more than welcome to join the rest of us here on 29. :witch_brew:

Boy I am old, I remember the discussion when 29 was agreed upon :backinmyday:

LOL! I can imagine!

Yea, ch 20 ish would be better for range, but to many truckers out there stick around the ch's 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 area...and using their linear amps, make a mess out of the rest of us trying to communicate. A buddy of mine and I were on 22 until we hit I-20....geesh...so much noise I had the squelch almost all the way on.

I think we'll try 29....that way if I do miss a Venture going by, maybe they'll yell out...

Off to Phoenix this weekend....breakfast in Wickenburg on Sunday, and play around the Valley on Saturday!

Edited by videoarizona
bad grammer...sigh