IGNORED

Oh Canada

kevin-vic-b.c.

Well Kevin what I don't understand is why the government never thought this could happen. We have been a target ever since we sent troops to Afghanistan but our politicians have treated the threats as if it was a joke! Why wasn't our threat level raised when ISIS singled us out. We have a stick our heads in sand and it wont happen here attitude.:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

This has probably changed Canada forever. My one and only trip to Ottawa/Quebec some 7 yrs ago really gave me pride in Canadian feel good. I distinctly remember the feeling of openness. Walk into the Parliament buildings, no gates no barricades, go up to the bell tower, walk over to the justice building, How open and Canadian....no more! Feel sad for the Canadians and their families that were blindsided and shot down today. I guess the word for 2014 will be " radicalization "

For the most part, I don't believe things will change. Yes, there may be more security in Ottawa, but probably unobtrusive. It won't turn into a fortress. This is Canada.

When someone broke into the Prime Minister's house, it didn't become a fortress with walls and armed guards. Even the Governor General's home (Rideau Hall) is open for daily tours.

This was probably the act of a lone person. Our condolences to the family of the soldier from Hamilton that was killed today.

What a deeply sad thing for those lousy terrorist to have done.. Thoughts and prayers to all of our great neighbors in Canada and to the many many people who's lives the loss of these great people have touched..

RIP Canadian Hero's, THANK YOU for the service to your country and God Speed!

Dont throw the baby out with the wash gang,, its hard to get em back once ya do!!

Puc

It was the most cowardly act possible. He shot the soldier, an Afghanistan veteran, in the back!!! He is a terrorist, country of birth is no excuse to call it anything but terrorism. Most terrorist act alone. I'm waiting for a suicide bomber to act. I say this because both of these guys, one killed a soldier with a car this week, where both willing to die. Next evolution in this is the suicide bomber. :bang head:

And our military bases are open to anyone who wants to enter them. You can just drive onto the bases, no guards on duty at the base entrances. And when they are there you just have to say you are going to see someone at a certain spot and you are waved on with NO searches. We are just asking for this sort of thing to happen. And it's all about not wanting to upset someone because they are oversensitive. :bang head:

What has happened is tragic, and is new to Canadians. I'm not aware of a combat loss on Canadian soil since 1815. Sea losses, yes, including the first Canadian female lost to enemy action during WWII, a nurse travelling on SS Caribou when the ship was torpedoed, but not land combat casualties.

So far these idiots have specifically targeted soldiers first. We're warned now, and we have the skills and training to identify threats. I attended my reserve unit training last night. The mood was angry and determined. Security level had been increased and I know my eyes have been more active and alert since the MURDER of WO Vincent and Cpl Cirillo.

The only cure for terrorism is a 5.56mm x 45mm NATO standard round, and it comes in a magazine with 29 of it's best friends, in case a second dose is needed.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee. And we will continue to stand on guard for thee.

I'd like to stand in line to buy Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers a beer, but I suspect that line is several miles long. I doubt Mr. Vickers will ever have to pay for a beer again. Well done him!

What has happened is tragic, and is new to Canadians. I'm not aware of a combat loss on Canadian soil since 1815. Sea losses, yes, including the first Canadian female lost to enemy action during WWII, a nurse travelling on SS Caribou when the ship was torpedoed, but not land combat casualties.

So far these idiots have specifically targeted soldiers first. We're warned now, and we have the skills and training to identify threats. I attended my reserve unit training last night. The mood was angry and determined. Security level had been increased and I know my eyes have been more active and alert since the MURDER of WO Vincent and Cpl Cirillo.

The only cure for terrorism is a 5.56mm x 45mm NATO standard round, and it comes in a magazine with 29 of it's best friends, in case a second dose is needed.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee. And we will continue to stand on guard for thee.

I'd like to stand in line to buy Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers a beer, but I suspect that line is several miles long. I doubt Mr. Vickers will ever have to pay for a beer again. Well done him!

IN ABSOLUTE AND COMPLETE AGREEMENT WITH YOU. Its time to take this world back from all of these COWARDS who insist on imposing their missguided ideologies in such a brutal way on all of us who beleive in the values of freedom and democracy. RIP WO Vincent and Cpl Cirillo.

:canada:

IN ABSOLUTE AND COMPLETE AGREEMENT WITH YOU. Its time to take this world back from all of these COWARDS who insist on imposing their missguided ideologies in such a brutal way on all of us who beleive in the values of freedom and democracy. RIP WO Vincent and Cpl Cirillo.

:canada:

Here here!!! :clap2:

Canada will not panic and Canada will not run and hide. Our Canadian Forces have stood tall and strong in every battle they have joined in in history. We are small compared to many but as strong and proud as any on the battle field.

Published in National

CNN disappointed with Canadians’ lack of panic

Thursday, 23 October 2014 16:49 Written by Staff

font size 1294 200 Reddit452

cnn.com

OTTAWA - Following widespread, international coverage of the murder of a war memorial guard by a radicalized man with terrorist sympathies and the subsequent shootout in Parliament, news media conglomerate CNN reported frustration with the calm reaction of Canadians.

“We came all the way up here to get some shots of people weeping and looking terrified, so they would look good under our ‘Terrified Capital’ banner. I didn’t fly 3,000 miles to film people trying to help first responders and police officers not point their rifles at everything that moved,” said CNN producer Ross Hargrove.

CNN staff were reportedly further aggravated by having to watch CBC coverage of the event, which saw Peter Mansbridge focus on the facts that were actually known, and refusing to speculate about whether more attacks could be imminent.

“What the **** kind of journalism is that?” asked Hargrove.

At press time, CNN was hoping that at least the government would launch some kind of poorly planned retaliatory action that could drum up ratings.

Last modified on Thursday, 23 October 2014 18:31

http://www.thebeaverton.com/CNN-disappointed-with-Canadians-lack-of-panic.htm

:fiddle:

:Cool_cool36:

Good find Kevin. :thumbsup2: :sign woo hoo:

So to continue on that note, some lamebrains in Cold Lake Alberta desecrated a Mosque in retaliation painting "Go Home" on its walls. Many of the neighbours turned out to help clean up the mess. They also brought signs with them saying "You are Home".

Now that IS truly Canadian. :canada:

Canada will not panic and Canada will not run and hide. Our Canadian Forces have stood tall and strong in every battle they have joined in in history. We are small compared to many but as strong and proud as any on the battle field.

Published in National

Thursday, 23 October 2014 16:49 Written by Staff

font size 1294 200 Reddit452

cnn.com

OTTAWA - Following widespread, international coverage of the murder of a war memorial guard by a radicalized man with terrorist sympathies and the subsequent shootout in Parliament, news media conglomerate CNN reported frustration with the calm reaction of Canadians.

“We came all the way up here to get some shots of people weeping and looking terrified, so they would look good under our ‘Terrified Capital’ banner. I didn’t fly 3,000 miles to film people trying to help first responders and police officers not point their rifles at everything that moved,” said CNN producer Ross Hargrove.

CNN staff were reportedly further aggravated by having to watch CBC coverage of the event, which saw Peter Mansbridge focus on the facts that were actually known, and refusing to speculate about whether more attacks could be imminent.

“What the **** kind of journalism is that?” asked Hargrove.

At press time, CNN was hoping that at least the government would launch some kind of poorly planned retaliatory action that could drum up ratings.

Last modified on Thursday, 23 October 2014 18:31

http://www.thebeaverton.com/CNN-disappointed-with-Canadians-lack-of-panic.htm

That great big ol Canadian Hero who popped that filthy terrorist shoulda swung his weapon over between "Hargroves" eyes and said something like,,,, "dont let the calmness fool ya chump - its main purpose is to help us Canadians CALMLY sort out the good guys from the bad guys.. Lowlife terrorist who are trying to stir up fear and chaos in our people can be kinda tricky to spot - sometimes they even come dressed as a News Reporter"....