IGNORED

Clarion XC1410 Compact 200 watt amp

Ran across this amp and thought those looking to beef up their sound might be interested. It can draw up to 20 amps so I would be carefull not to overload your charging system but it's compact size makes it easy to install

. http://e.invodo.com/media/crutchfield2013/preview/Clarion_XC1410_FINAL-preview.jpg

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WXstSrAw66 ... ws=5250423

• 1 month later...

Gotta chime in here and disagree with a couple posts.

I have had mine in play for about 2 weeks now and it has been great. A bunch more punch. It was a snap to install. I actually hid it in my fairing mounted with nothing more than mini cell foam and industrial Velcro. I used the high gain setting for speaker level inputs. I left the 20 amp inline fuse in front of a 10 amp fuse on my accessory panel. Have not blown the 10 amp yet even at excessive volume levels. At 2500 plus my (oh so highly accurate:whistling:) stock amp gauge shoes nothing different than before. I have no lighting issues and no battery issue so far. I also run 2 30 watt HID running lights, but not all the time.

The best sound so far seems to come from using a USB thumb drive. That sounds better than even my Ipod.

My stereo has a much better sound and more volume when wanted and so far there is no down side. The amp is mated to a Clarion CMS 1 head unit. Great combination.

I did about 7 years ago and took it out 2 years ago.

not worth the trouble. like he says it draws power.

I didn't mind that so much except it wont do any good

as our main tuner and speakers are crap. :whistling:

Cougar, update / upgrade the speakers and fall in love with the music again. Don't have to break the bank, 4" Polk DB something or others in my faring sound pretty good.

• 2 months later...
:think:

wish I could get that size to fit.

I ended up roasting 3 of 4 Polk DB 401's by asking them to try to produce more bottom end than they could.:no-no-no: They died trying.

To install my 5 1/2" Alpines I removed the stock stereo, CB, CLASS controller, and what not from my fairing. Installing the lager speakers was a major improvement. When it comes to bottom end punch size matters. Which is why this winter the bike is getting a set of 6 x 9 Infinity Marine 2 ways. I may go with just those 2 and put the CLASS controller up in the stock right side speaker location. (or remove the compressor altogether and install a couple air fittings)