IGNORED

Works shock & leveling links

I installed a Works shock today along with the leveling links that raise the bike just a bit. Overall, I took my time, re-lubed all the bushings, cleaned things nicely and it took about 1 1/2 hours. Not a major deal at all with the Craftsman lift & adapter. I have only taken it for a short ride. The bike does have a lighter feel to it. Still feels stable at speed (only went up to about 60 mph and not on the highway with large trucks yet). I did some figure 8's in the parking lot and that is where I feel the difference most. I have a 30" inseam so I do lean over just a bit more when I come to a stop in order to be flat footed. I have a Russell day long seat that has been broken in for over a year. With the new height, the "wings" are definitely going to get some additional folding. If I remember to pull myself forward toward the tank on stop, I am closer to flat footed. Those with this seat may understand what I mean. I had the shock set up for the weight of my wife and I together and they said to try it with the factory setting before considering adjustment. It felt fine to me today with rider only, although it may have been a little stiffer. The original shock is a bit spongy I think. Mine was not leaking. If someone is interested in a non-leaking original from a 2007 RSTD just give me a PM.