IGNORED

Lady Rider Needs Advice

Alright fellas (and/or ladies)...

I have a 2006 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe, and I want to buy new pipes for it. I need advice.

I want a low, rumbly sound without shaking windows down the street.

I'm not very mechanically inclined (but my boy is) and apparently not very internet inclined either, as I just cannot find much of anything on the net!

I've heard a lot about Bub 424, but can't find the website?

And if you suggest Road Kings or something of that nature, will they fit my bike?

So many questions... but I want to buy the right thing...and NOT break the bank!

I have Vance and Hines Straight pipes on my Shadow and they sound awesome....and didn't break the bank either... so, something that sounds like that, only to fit the RSTD?

Thank you in advance for all your suggestions and advice...

Road King or any of the FLH type mufflers will fit. You will need a couple clamps for the muffler. They run about $30-35. Two ways to go on brackets. I use just whats known as a "p" clamp. A couple bucks, or there is a plate type you can make. The P clamp is definatly least expensive.

If you look around on craigs list you can find them for 20-30 bucks. Sometimes folks can try the local HD dealer and they have takeoffs they sell cheap.

Here is alink to Baron's site, mind you nothing the Baron sells is inexpensive and the 424 pipes are generally very loud.

http://www.baronscustom.com/catalog/category/20/index.html

Here is alink to BUB's site, again not cheap but maybe the best sound on the market.

http://www.bub.com/Yamaha_Venture.cfm?pa=list&psearch=&zsb=0&sc1=Yamaha&sc2=Venture&sc3=Slip%2DOns

Vance and Hines Monster Ovals for the Road King or the FLH should also fit and have a very nice tone.

http://products.vanceandhines.com/store/16795/ wow those are expensive, if they are the correct ones.

Keep an eye on the classifieds here and on the Delphi Venture forums you will see various slip ons for sale from time to time.

IMHO I would certainly go with the Monster Ovals. Made for the bike a true bolt on no fab thing and they are usually EPA compliant. I talked to the rep at the Show and we were hitting on that topic. Ive never heard a set of Vance and Hines I did not like. And Yep. I used to Highjack my Former GFs Shadow just to hear the pipes! I may get a set myself!

The 424's that your looking for are a Barons product.

The wife has Barons Nasty boys pipes on her 2006 tour deluxe and likes them very well.

I have the Bub sleepers on my 2003 venture and they are a lil quieter than the nasty boys.

Welcome! Ride safe..ride often. Mike:cool10:

• 2 weeks later...