IGNORED

Help with fairing decision

This is to anyone with a fairing on a RSTD. I'm trying to stop the wind that comes up from around the lower windshield area and gives me bobblehead from below. At least once every ride I get a bug behind my sunglasses from below. I have knee blockers which worked pretty good on the Venture I had but not so good on the RSTD. To much wind coming up from around the gas tank area. Will a fairing from WOC or Reckless cut that wind down?

Thanks, Scott

This is to anyone with a fairing on a RSTD. I'm trying to stop the wind that comes up from around the lower windshield area and gives me bobblehead from below. At least once every ride I get a bug behind my sunglasses from below. I have knee blockers which worked pretty good on the Venture I had but not so good on the RSTD. To much wind coming up from around the gas tank area. Will a fairing from WOC or Reckless cut that wind down?

Thanks, Scott

I would think that batwings would change the flow of air downward off the bottom edge of the fairing??. Maybe some aeronautical engineer will chime in with some real solid info???

Does yours have the "lowers" on the forks? The triangle plexiglass things, mine are mounted to the passing light bar. Those probably would help out redirecting the air. they did on my 900 Kawasaki. A bat wing will certainly change the way the air flows.

I tried to cure this same problem on my Roadstar after about 5K in STUFF I took it all back off. Reckless Fairing, HD trunk, Lowers of five kinds, scoops, 3 different Wind screens, NOTHING worked and all caused a problem of some sort or another.

A lot of money was tossed and a lot of like new parts left over.

It all could have been cured by some jacket some guy makes, I can't remember the name I think its a Flap Jacket maybe. Anyhow if you are riding a flap comes up from the front of your jacket. Just above your Chestline. Blocks all the wind at your head.

To test the therory Ride and when you get that bobble action just raise your arm in front of your checst and notice it goes away.

I suppose you could malke a flapjacket.

I dont really notice to much turbulant air from under fairing/gas tank area on the Venture. With the leg fairing and lowers in the rain (easiest way to tell where wind goes) only knees and top of leg gets wet. Tank and chest etc stay dry, well unless its raing pretty good. Even when I added the fairing on the Vulcan it was pretty much knees down. No leg fairings on it.

This is to anyone with a fairing on a RSTD. I'm trying to stop the wind that comes up from around the lower windshield area and gives me bobblehead from below. At least once every ride I get a bug behind my sunglasses from below. I have knee blockers which worked pretty good on the Venture I had but not so good on the RSTD. To much wind coming up from around the gas tank area. Will a fairing from WOC or Reckless cut that wind down? Thanks, Scott

For what it's worth no fairing on an 07 RSTD but did install a 2" lower screen so I could see over it. Haven't noticed appreciable wind from below. Doesn't blow my shirt bottom up which other bikes have. :080402gudl_prv: