IGNORED

RSTD Clutch adjustment

The clutch is hydraulic, there is no adjustment.

Could be the fluid is old and has moisture in it or the system has air in it, either or both will cause the system to try to compress the air or dirty fluid. Compressing the the fluid uses up travel in the master piston, so when you get the lever to the bottom of the stroke it has not moved enough fluid to disengage the clutch fully.

If the fluid in the master cylinder is dark brown, change it and then pump fresh fluid through the system by pumping the lever while opening the bleeder valve until clear fresh fluid is coming out.

That should take care of it.

The clutch is hydraulic, there is no adjustment.

Could be the fluid is old and has moisture in it or the system has air in it, either or both will cause the system to try to compress the air or dirty fluid. Compressing the the fluid uses up travel in the master piston, so when you get the lever to the bottom of the stroke it has not moved enough fluid to disengage the clutch fully.

If the fluid in the master cylinder is dark brown, change it and then pump fresh fluid through the system by pumping the lever while opening the bleeder valve until clear fresh fluid is coming out.

That should take care of it.

The fluid should be changed ever so often. I changed mine last year. Very well said M61A1MECH . Thanks.....

:goodpost:

Is is possible you did not install the Barnett Pressure Plate in the proper position ??

Note: on the instruction sheet , " you may have to rotate the plate to the proper position "

I just installed mine last week. I found the proper position, and also rotating it 180 degrees works also. Any other position and it does not engage completly.

I tried in vain to look at the thing , to figure out, why only two positions of rotation would work, could not find the answer.

Pull out the paper work that was included in the box, and read thru the instruction, you will see what I mean.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for posting these procedures; it helped me do this upgrade this morning. I had to reinstall the plate with proper alignment after having the same symptoms: the clutch would not disengage. The instructions said that I might have to rotate the plate, but I didn't know what exactly that meant. It turns out that, when it's in the correct position, the plate's teeth engage the housing teeth and the plate's Play/rotation is restricted. It also seats a little deeper then it's correct.

Thanks for posting these procedures; it helped me do this upgrade this morning. I had to reinstall the plate with proper alignment after having the same symptoms: the clutch would not disengage. The instructions said that I might have to rotate the plate, but I didn't know what exactly that meant. It turns out that, when it's in the correct position, the plate's teeth engage the housing teeth and the plate's Play/rotation is restricted. It also seats a little deeper then it's correct.

Yes, you did right. I only installed one Barnett for a buddy and that was the problem I encountered. PCW and Skydock use about the same plates as Yamaha and work simpler.

:farmer: