IGNORED

Tires- No Debate!! Just a poll that's all.

2013 RSV:

Dunlop 3s Front and rear?

Michelin Commander 2s? Rear only or same size on front or the smaller 130? or different.

What do you run, it's time. I read so much my head is dizzy!! Thanks guys and gals, I appreciate it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dunlop 404's front and rear. I'm pretty happy with them. Seem to grab pretty good in the rain. Maybe a bit soft, but I usually equate that with better traction, but quicker wear. I don't worry too much about the wear since I usually put less than 5000 miles a year on the bike.

Considered going darkside, but couldn't talk myself into it.:cool10:

I have used Avon Venoms for a long time and been very happy with them. I have a set of Michelin Commander II's I'm going to put on my '02 Midnight and see how they are. I have run the smaller front and they are ok, but I like the size that came on the bike from the the factory 150 vs 130.

E3's are a decent tire, but like some others I don't care for any Dunlops in the rain. I have also ran Shinko's on 1st gens and although they wear quicker than others, they stick like glue and are quite inexpensive as bike tires go.

Been running Avon Venoms front and rear since 2006. Got 20K miles on first set. Great performance in all weather and wear with never a problem on loaded bike and trailer.

After changing to second set of Avons I only got 12K miles on rear. The softer compound took a toll traveling many miles in last year on lime rock roads in my area while traveling. Just swapped out rear to E3 this summer and have a matching front standing by. No problems so far.

With all the good comments from members here I figured the E3's were worth a try. I ride solo but have had my bike loaded and a full trailer pretty much hooked up since this last spring.