IGNORED

Estes Park. Not impressed Yesterday.

Phoneman1981

It has been two years since we have visited Estes Park. Left my Sister's in Loveland at 10:00 normal one hour ride on Hwy 34. Surveyed the flood damage from last seasons heavy rains along the way. Hit the first stop light and complete grid lock. Set through 3 light changes and never moved. Hwy 36 to Lyons was moving some until idiots trying to push forward on 34 screwed that up. Thankfully we were in the outside lane and could turn right on to 36. Parked the bike in the very first spot we found. Enjoyed a great brunch. An hour later Hwy 34 traffic through town was still moving poorly. We chose to head back down the canyon to Loveland. In years past I was impressed on how well vehicle and pedestrian traffic were handled in Estes but certainly not yesterday. Traffic flows better in Sturgis. Makes me really appreciate Wyoming and South Dakota that much more. No offense to our wonderful Colorado members, just getting too crowed over there. If I return I am avoiding the weekends, especially a holiday weekend. Probably should have known better.