IGNORED

I want Fuel Injection!!!!!!!!!

Ventureless

I have been changing tires and oil and a few other things on my buddy's 2010 Kawasaki Voyager. I finished it up last night and pulled it out to go test ride it. Well the first thing I noticed was how easily and quick it fired right up. Now granted it is much newer and almost 70K miles less than my RSV. But there was no warm up at all. No spitting and sputtering. No messing with the choke. Just turn the key, hit the starter and it roared right to life. I usually don't have any problems with my RSV starting right up, just not as smooth as that.

Second thing I noticed is that it seemed so much smoother while riding. Once again it is much newer and far less miles. But it just seems like the FI was so much more precise. None of the little hiccups like I might experience on my RSV. Now I am sure my carbs could use a little TLC at this point, but with FI, I wouldn't have to go through the pain in the a^^ of pulling them. And my bike runs pretty good and gets roughly 38MPG. Plugs always look good when pulled and no black around exhaust tips so I will leave the carbs alone for now.

But it does make me start thinking about a new to me bike with FI. I really like the RSV and I finally got mine to where I really like it with no trunk. Also being paid for is a good thing. I was not a big fan of the way the Voyager rode, but it did make me start dreaming of something with FI!!!

i have been thinking about this too, and i can easily make an intake and fuel rail set up to accommodate this bike but i will need a bit of help to create a controller to run them. im hoping dingy will be able to help out here but i think i remember the ignitech units most of us run as being able to do injectors if wired right.

if so it may be the next upgrade for the venture rider family.

IIRC, there is (was) someone who made an EFI setup for the V-Max, it had an insert that went into the carb that you could install an injector into. You'd need the megasquirt or some other fuel management system, and the a few other components, the guy figured around a grand & a half to do it, depending on your ability to source parts. I cut and pasted it into my files somewhere as a future upgrade. Would love to do that, along with COP (coil over plugs).

-Andrew

My previous bike was a Suzuki C90T .. my first injected bike. Unfortunately, I had to sell it to get the RSV.

No Choke, no fuel petcock, no warm up. No carbs to overhaul.

It was nice. The bike ran consistently no matter the elevation. My Venture starts acting kind of odd at higher altitudes. Also, the smoothness of the fuel delivery was simply amazing.

I do like the venture and am willing to live with the carbs, but I do miss the fuel injection.

My buddy has fuel injection on his harley police bike. He likes over the carb.

My question is, fuel evaporates and causes varnish build up on any fuel system.

I have cleaned a few carbs before. How do you clean those small injector jets.

SEA FOAM!:whistling:

Steamer, some of the carbs ive come across have needed a lot more than seafom.

With injectors if one fails you can only remedy by purchasing a new injector

I will say that on my old Concours sport tourer, I pulled and cleaned the carbs thoroughly when I first got it. I do ride year round so the bike rarely sits and I run some Seafoam through every 4 or 5 tanks or close to it. I had that bike for roughly 7 years and almost 70K miles and never once had to pull the carbs again. I think with the seafoam, you would be ok for a long time with FI.

I will say that on my old Concours sport tourer, I pulled and cleaned the carbs thoroughly when I first got it. I do ride year round so the bike rarely sits and I run some Seafoam through every 4 or 5 tanks or close to it. I had that bike for roughly 7 years and almost 70K miles and never once had to pull the carbs again. I think with the seafoam, you would be ok for a long time with FI.

I agree with you and I ride all year as long as no snow is on the ground. The carbs that I have pulled are from many bikes I have bought and flipped. I know someone will neglect their bike abd they won't be as easy to repair.

One of the exact reasons I sold my RSV and got a new Harley-Davidson Road Glide. As a friend of mine said, you might get tired of just riding it with nothing for you to work on...... I think I can get used to that! I also love the way the Road Glide handles, and I can hear the radio at interstate speeds..... :whistling: :whistling::whistling:

One of the exact reasons I sold my RSV and got a new Harley-Davidson Road Glide. As a friend of mine said, you might get tired of just riding it with nothing for you to work on...... I think I can get used to that! I also love the way the Road Glide handles, and I can hear the radio at interstate speeds..... :whistling: :whistling::whistling:

Don't worry, soon enough you will have LOTS to work on.:stirthepot:

My main bike for bowling around on at the moment is a Suzuki 650 V-Strom which is fuel injection. Soooooo easy. If the injectors ever need cleaning then it will be ultra-sound, a good second hand replacement or an after-market upgrade, though I've not heard of anyone having to do that. I've long that that FI and engine management would be great for the old Venture though.

My main bike for bowling around on at the moment is a Suzuki 650 V-Strom which is fuel injection. Soooooo easy. If the injectors ever need cleaning then it will be ultra-sound, a good second hand replacement or an after-market upgrade, though I've not heard of anyone having to do that. I've long that that FI and engine management would be great for the old Venture though.

My every day bike is the V-Strom as well, I have had it for 3 years and it has never missed a beat. I ride year round but I do throw some Seafoam in a couple times a year when I am treating the Venture. I try to keep the Venture plated most of the time but when weather is crappy it may not come out often and that tank of fuel could get a couple months before it is all used.

The turn key and go is great, keeps me riding more and wrenching time to a minimum. I am sure my next big bike will be fuel injected so I hope Yamaha gets it going soon.