IGNORED

Guess we'll try this again.

steamer

This past October we planned a trip to the BRP, but the early winter changed our plans. So we will try again in June. Plan on heading down on the 14th. We will trailer the trike to N.C. and ride as much of the lower BRP as we can get in,in 5 to 6 days. We plan on hitting Maggie valley and the dragon. Not sure where home base will be at this time. Thinking about the Linville area. If anyone is planning on being in the area, maybe we can hook up.

This past October we planned a trip to the BRP, but the early winter changed our plans. So we will try again in June. Plan on heading down on the 14th. We will trailer the trike to N.C. and ride as much of the lower BRP as we can get in,in 5 to 6 days. We plan on hitting Maggie valley and the dragon. Not sure where home base will be at this time. Thinking about the Linville area. If anyone is planning on being in the area, maybe we can hook up.

I live 20 miles from Linville so give a yell when in the area.While in the area you MUST ride NC80 and 226a at Marion NC.Both roads exit off the BRP.

• 1 month later...

Started packing the bike today for a departure Saturday morning. No way would we be able to do this with out the hitch rack I installed. Gives us a lot more space for Robin's stuff:whistling: Also mounted the Gopro camera on the mirror arm for a good forward view. Will send pic's and videos when I figure out how. We will be staying at the "A Holiday motel" in Maggie Valley 16th- 19th, if anyone in the area, drop us a line. Maybe we can hook up.

Thinking about staying at the Skyline Village Inn, anybody ever stay there?
There is a nice place right off the BRP called Little Switzerland, you can't miss it. Free breakfast buffet, beautiful views. We visit the area once in a while when the weather is not so nasty. But for another Venture rider I would try to meet up with you somewhere along the BRP. I am about a hour and a half south from Asheville NC. On I-26 in SC. I hope you have a great and safe ride, Jim

There is a nice place right off the BRP called Little Switzerland, you can't miss it. Free breakfast buffet, beautiful views. We visit the area once in a while when the weather is not so nasty. But for another Venture rider I would try to meet up with you somewhere along the BRP. I am about a hour and a half south from Asheville NC. On I-26 in SC. I hope you have a great and safe ride, Jim

We will be staying in Maggie valley 16th thru the 19th. We are staying at the " A Holiday motel" maybe we can hook up.

Started packing the bike today for a departure Saturday morning. No way would we be able to do this with out the hitch rack I installed. Gives us a lot more space for Robin's stuff:whistling: Also mounted the Gopro camera on the mirror arm for a good forward view. Will send pic's and videos when I figure out how. We will be staying at the "A Holiday motel" in Maggie Valley 16th- 19th, if anyone in the area, drop us a line. Maybe we can hook up.

Well Steamer.......I'm Head'n down that way and leaving Saturday as well. (And for anyone else on here.)

Day 1. Barrie ON Canada to Morgantown WV - Clarion Hotel Morgan

Day 2. Morgantown WV to Wytheville VA - Red Roof Inn

Day 3. Wytheville VA to Marysville TN - Luxbury Inn 2 nights

Day 4. Do the Tail of the Dragon Cherohala Skyway Fontana Dam US 129 be tourists back to Luxbury Inn

Day 5. Marysville TN to Nashville TN - Comfort Inn Demonbreun St. 2 nights

Got tickets for the Opry

Day 6. Relax tourist day in Nashville

Day 7. Nashville TN to Cincinnati OH - Travelodge Newport/Cincinnati Riverfront

Reds vs Jays game - GOJAYSGO!!!

Day 8. Cincinnati OH to Mentor/Cleveland OH - Holiday Inn

Day 9. Cleveland OH to Barrie ON Canada

Seems we might be in the area around the same time. I'll be with a group of 12 of us but there could be as many as 40-45 of us in Luxbury Inn Only 2 Venture riders.....an 04 & my 05.

Well Steamer.......I'm Head'n down that way and leaving Saturday as well. (And for anyone else on here.)

Day 1. Barrie ON Canada to Morgantown WV - Clarion Hotel Morgan

Day 2. Morgantown WV to Wytheville VA - Red Roof Inn

Day 3. Wytheville VA to Marysville TN - Luxbury Inn 2 nights

Day 4. Do the Tail of the Dragon Cherohala Skyway Fontana Dam US 129 be tourists back to Luxbury Inn

Day 5. Marysville TN to Nashville TN - Comfort Inn Demonbreun St. 2 nights

Got tickets for the Opry

Day 6. Relax tourist day in Nashville

Day 7. Nashville TN to Cincinnati OH - Travelodge Newport/Cincinnati Riverfront

Reds vs Jays game - GOJAYSGO!!!

Day 8. Cincinnati OH to Mentor/Cleveland OH - Holiday Inn

Day 9. Cleveland OH to Barrie ON Canada

Seems we might be in the area around the same time. I'll be with a group of 12 of us but there could be as many as 40-45 of us in Luxbury Inn Only 2 Venture riders.....an 04 & my 05.

Looks like we are replying to each others posts. what route are you taking on the way down to Marysville? We are planning to run down on the 220 from NY to VA.

Well Day 1. We'll be doing the superslabs / interstates to get to Morgantown WV we have to make time the 1st day. We hate not doing back roads.

Day 2 Love to do the more off the path route when we can. We will being run south parallel to you on 220, we'll be over on US 119 - US250/119 - US 250 - WV 92 - US 60 - WV 63 - US 219 - US 460 - VA 100 - US11 - I 81 Wytheville VA.

Looks like we are replying to each others posts. what route are you taking on the way down to Marysville? We are planning to run down on the 220 from NY to VA.

Oh My God No! The 220 through PA SUCKS to high heaven. Unless you happen to like roads that are beat to death by, and packed end to end with, trucks hauling fracking waste and equipment over a road they have destroyed. (as in hydro fracking, not a euphemism for a cuss word) This is from the PA border to the junction of 220/180 at Pensdale. I used to run it from Pensdale to NY every week. I now take 15. 15 is a very nice ride.

If I were going to head the VR down through PA I would run maybe 15 (highway) or take a look at 14 (secondary road) In NY Rt 81 to 13 to 17/86. Then pick either 15 or 14.

Now I haven't been on 220 in almost 2 years, Thank God. They may have totally repaired the entire stretch by now. :rotf: And found another route for the fracking traffic.

Edited by JohnT
incomplete info given

we've been on the 15 dozens of times over the years. Just looking for something new to look at.

Steamer, the only bad part of 220 is from PA line in NY to Pensdale. There it merges with 180. From 17 / 86 in NY you can try 14 till it comes together with 15/220/180 near Montoursville and Williamsport. I haven't run it but it goes where you want to go.

One thing that surprises me about that area is the number of "shoe show" / "adult ballet" establishments that are there. :confused24:

And no, I haven't been into a single one of them. :no-no-no::no-no-no:

Yet. :whistling::whistling: