IGNORED

New Michelin Commander II

hunter 1500

I'd be hard pressed to go back to Michelin after having the Dunlop E-3's on my scoot.

Boomer.....who sez yer mileage may vary.

That's what I have now but if I could get twice the mileage out of a tire priced the same I would have to go with it. I liked the ones I had before.

I went through 2-3 sets of Commander's before switching to the E-3's.....I get a lot more mileage from the E-3's. :cool10:

Boomer

Yeah, your "take-off" Commanders will run 5000 - 6000 miles more and still have tread left!:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10: Uh,,,, so I've been told!!!:whistling::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Yeah, your "take-off" Commanders will run 5000 - 6000 miles more and still have tread left!:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10: Uh,,,, so I've been told!!!:whistling::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

True!! But then again if I rode like an old lady I would not be so concerned about having a lot of rubber between me and the asphalt......:whistling: :rotf: :rotf:

Boomer....who sez there's a lotta miles between Dairy Queens and only so much time to git there.....:shock3:

I wore out two rear Commanders before going to Dunlop E-3. They performed just fine, but the E-3 on it now will definitely last me longer than any other rear tire I've installed on my Venture Royale. 7,000 miles and it has plenty of tread left.

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

Boomer, did you read the link I put up. They are claiming you will be able to get 50,000 KM out of a rear tire. Your not going to get anywhere near that with an E3.

If that mileage claim turns out to be true I will go back to the Commanders. I was ready to put a CT on my rear wheel until I went to the E-3's. It always costs me when it comes to tires as I change em out early and I change BOTH of them out together.

One thing I disliked about the Commander's was that they stayed GREASY for the 1st 100 miles of use.....The E-3's are no where near as greasy when new and by the time I get 50 miles on em they are good to go for doing the twisties.

Boomer....who sez the CT has not been completly ruled out....unlike red-headed wimmen.:whistling:

Don't know what they are like for bikes but I have always run Michelin on my sports cars and trucks. Very good traction and very long wear. I believe Michelin invented radial ply tires and Michelin tires are used on the Paris underground. That does not mean they will be good on bikes but I might give them a try.

Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:56 PM

Subject: Re: Customer Question / Michelin Commander 2

Any word on when the new commanders are going to be available?

Thanks,

Ross

Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:47 PM

Subject: Re: Customer Question / Michelin Commander 2

Hello Ross:

The distributors are saying the beginning of the year on these tires. We try to get an exact ETA but none of them can seem to give us one yet.

Thank you for shopping at KG Motorcycle Tires

And what makes a "Venture" special, so that it can't be equipped with a radial?

The manufacturer may have only load rated & sized bias for some reason, like proper sized radials were not available at the time.

I would put a set of radials on in a heartbeat if they were from a quality manufacturer & load rated for these big bikes.

Radial bike tires are not to be confused with radial car tires that we are accustomed seeing the sidewalls bulge a little.

Gary

I put the Commander on the rear last year thinking I would get the front a few months later. Well that was after they stopped making them. So I ended up buying the E3 on the front. So when I replace the Michelin it will be with the E3. I won't be going back to Michelin. I think they did a very poor job of replacing the tire line. An entire year + with no replacement choices - bad management on Michelin's part. :2cents:

I posted this a couple of weeks ago.

They will have the RSV stock rear but, for now, only the small front.

Michelin Commander 2 - comming

Click on this link from Competition Accessories (news review)

http://blog.compacc.com/2011/08/mich...tires-preview/

Competition accessories is starting to sell the Michelin Commander 2 (I think).

But not our size yet.

The link above is an article that has pictures and describes the new tread design and extended mileage claims. Michelin is pretty happy but I like the old design.

Says they will come in 15 sizes.

For the front, it does not include our stock size (150/80/16) but does carry the "small front", 130/90/16.

Rear, they do have our 150/90/15.

This link is the sales page on what they do have now (not our size):

http://www.compacc.com/Michelin-Comm...torcycle-Tires

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1600x1200 and weights 488KB.http://blog.compacc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG00184-20110810-15161.jpg