IGNORED

Recent glitch in website database??

cowpuc

So,,,, about an hour and a half ago I noticed that I couldnt get on the site and got some message about the data base... I panicked, ran to the cupboard and grabbed a handful of Valium, washed em down with a pint of Vodka... I now know how Yammer feels cause I am having a hard time finding myself here....

Anyway,, did anyone else experience that blip or was it just a sign that I need to become a drug addict??? Was Freebird leaning against the wall in his garage while he was changing the oil in his bike and maybe bumped a light switch or something? Maybe Eileen found out you guys didnt support her ordering a new Slingshot and pulled a fuse behind Dons back?

What ever it was, if it was something you took care of for us THANKS FREEBIRD!! If it was something I did please forgive me:whistling: :stirthepot:

Yes, I caught it almost immediately and was talking back and forth with our service provider. Got it resolved pretty quickly but not before I received about 95 "database error" emails.

Don't know what caused it but am trying to figure it out. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Yes, I caught it almost immediately and was talking back and forth with our service provider. Got it resolved pretty quickly but not before I received about 95 "database error" emails.

Don't know what caused it but am trying to figure it out. Hopefully it won't happen again.

I cant even imagine what you go thru dealing with the stuff Don,, seriously my friend, THANK YOU for all you do!! YOU DA MAN BROTHER!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Puc if I told you once...........Do NOT touch the red one! :no-no-no:

Ya know,,,, these guys are sooooooooooooooo fortunate they have Freebird at the helm and not some prankster who would purposely play with that little red switch Tooch... I mean really,,, I can think of all kinds of fun games I could play with that kind of doohickey...:rotf:

Would this be something to do with the router limitation that has been in the news lately? The number of web addresses has gotten too large for some of the older routers to handle so some URL's are getting dropped.

If it had happen to me I would have just chalked it up to PEBCAK and Don thanks your hard work is appreciated.

Is that PEBCAK thingy anything like a FUBAR thingy Joe? :stirthepot: I like hanging with you military guys who use all kinds of cool lingo.. I gotta start learning more of the meaning of these strange words...:backinmyday:

Is that PEBCAK thingy anything like a FUBAR thingy Joe? :stirthepot: I like hanging with you military guys who use all kinds of cool lingo.. I gotta start learning more of the meaning of these strange words...:backinmyday:

Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard

95 Emails geeeez sounds like Puc down a whole bottle of Valium and vodka

At this point, I'm not at all sure what caused it. Had to rebuild the database to get it back. There is a suspicion that it was caused by somebody trying to upload attachments to the classifieds that were WAY to large. It is not the first time. People try to upload HUGE pictures that cause the upload to fail. The maximum picture size is 640 x 480 and no more than 200,000 bytes but some folks either forget or don't know how to resize a picture so try to upload pictures that are over a megabyte in size. I've added a note about max picture size to the top of the classifieds. Don't know if that will help or not.

At this point, I'm not at all sure what caused it. Had to rebuild the database to get it back. There is a suspicion that it was caused by somebody trying to upload attachments to the classifieds that were WAY to large. It is not the first time. People try to upload HUGE pictures that cause the upload to fail. The maximum picture size is 640 x 480 and no more than 200,000 bytes but some folks either forget or don't know how to resize a picture so try to upload pictures that are over a megabyte in size. I've added a note about max picture size to the top of the classifieds. Don't know if that will help or not.

So, the Classifieds upload doesn't have an automatic rejection (as does the forum threads) of attempted too large uploads?