IGNORED

2015 International Rally

XV1100SE

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mid west, in JULY, in the mountains would be "COOL"... Literally and figuratively...

Here's where I'm going end of this month...

Cannon City Co skyline drive:

Go ahead feel free to DROOL!

Slightly more than 15 mph towards the end...:whistling:

I think we need to be smart about this and take into account the Heat that is normally expected in the summer.

We got lucky in Guntersville AL this year... IMHO

Edited by CaptainJoe

But rather far for those east coasters just to be fair

Just to be fair........:whistling:

East coasters have had it in their " back yard" for the past few years though. :biker:

It is time to head west so others can be a part of it.:stickpoke:

Since WV has been ruled out and Joe is the only one to step up and start the process to sponsor the next rally, why don't we just call it Missouri.

That's a days ride for me..

For someone on the west coast though, it's 2000 miles...

What's the rush?:whistling:

We got time...

Sturgis is a great place, Just not the month of july or the first two weeks of Aug.BLACK HILLS RALLY AT THAT TIME OF YEAR.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Brother,,, I dont know,, those Black Hills are gorgeous in July. Besides, if it happened like the 3rd week of July we would be able to shop some HD Rally vendors, see a few HD rally bikers, still be able to tour the hills unhampered by crazies AND, there would be places available..

The mid west, in JULY, in the mountains would be "COOL"... Literally and figuratively...

Here's where I'm going end of this month...

Cannon City Co skyline drive:

Go ahead feel free to DROOL!

Slightly more than 15 mph towards the end...:whistling:

I think we need to be smart about this and take into account the Heat that is normally expected in the summer.

We got lucky in Guntersville AL this year... IMHO

THANKS JOE, ITS NOW ON MY BUCKETLIST! Beautiful! Gonna camp up there!

Just to be fair........:whistling:

East coasters have had it in their " back yard" for the past few years though. :biker:

It is time to head west so others can be a part of it.:stickpoke:

And North,, west and North Eck... Get more of those Canadian folks too! An International should have a good mix of all brands and breeds!

That's a days ride for me..

For someone on the west coast though, it's 2000 miles...

What's the rush?:whistling:

We got time...

Yea!

Cowpuc said Brother,,, I dont know,, those Black Hills are gorgeous in July. Besides, if it happened like the 3rd week of July we would be able to shop some HD Rally vendors, see a few HD rally bikers, still be able to tour the hills unhampered by crazies AND, there would be places available..

Not saying it is not gorgeous Just expensive. The least expensive room in the area this time of year ia $100.00 a night and it is 25 miles out of Sturgis. Get one close and it will be $175 and up a night.

Cowpuc said Brother,,, I dont know,, those Black Hills are gorgeous in July. Besides, if it happened like the 3rd week of July we would be able to shop some HD Rally vendors, see a few HD rally bikers, still be able to tour the hills unhampered by crazies AND, there would be places available..

Not saying it is not gorgeous Just expensive. The least expensive room in the area this time of year ia $100.00 a night and it is 25 miles out of Sturgis. Get one close and it will be $175 and up a night.

Point well taken Roller,, I have 0 experience with motels out there (always just camp on the prairie) and that never occurred to me.. Indeed,, could get real expensive real quick couldnt it... :confused24:

Brother,,, I dont know,, those Black Hills are gorgeous in July. Besides, if it happened like the 3rd week of July we would be able to shop some HD Rally vendors, see a few HD rally bikers, still be able to tour the hills unhampered by crazies AND, there would be places available..

Just a thought... That close to the Sturgis rally will be a zoo. 2015 is the 75th Anniversary, and the promoters are pushing it hard.... I still think any time in the 3rd or 4th week of June would be best if you don't like crowds... Then if anyone wants, they can stick around for the official Sturgis.... I bet riders are going to start showing up in early July?? IMHO... :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

The Sidecar National Rally is June 25-26-27, 2015 at Elkview Campground 5 miles east of Sturgis, South Dakota.

Have it then and it would be a twofer for me :) Already trying to convince the boyfriend it's a great idea for next year.

so far I have only seen 1 location with a possible volunteer to host that has not been ruled out?

St Chas Mo.

is this correct?

I can add the other locations as needed?

posting your favorite location or cool spots to ride is all good and well, however unless your willing to put the effort into being the host of the event,

then it's just chatter??:confused24:

Planning takes all the time you can get and then some

posting your favorite location or cool spots to ride is all good and well, however unless your willing to put the effort into being the host of the event,

then it's just chatter??:confused24:

Planning takes all the time you can get and then some

Chatter is good. Ideas come from chatter..... Vic and I have done a couple of regionals out here in the west, and from experience, naming a place now is way too early. I'd say just keep up the chatter for the next couple of months before throwing the dart. As far as planning goes, most of it is done in the last couple of months prior to the event. After a place is named, and initial enthusiasm subsides, like a bear things go into hibernation for the winter and early spring, and fire up in earnest around April.

That said, I think the best internationals we've had were in the central US, and Ft Collins comes to mind.... There's no reason why we couldn't do something around there again. The theme could be 'Get High in Co'.... :whistling:

Chatter is good. Ideas come from chatter..... Vic and I have done a couple of regionals out here in the west, and from experience, naming a place now is way too early. I'd say just keep up the chatter for the next couple of months before throwing the dart. As far as planning goes, most of it is done in the last couple of months prior to the event. After a place is named, and initial enthusiasm subsides, like a bear things go into hibernation for the winter and early spring, and fire up in earnest around April.

That said, I think the best internationals we've had were in the central US, and Ft Collins comes to mind.... There's no reason why we couldn't do something around there again. The theme could be 'Get High in Co'.... :whistling:

Where do you plan to host this International rally at then Condor?

I'd love to see this rally be held in Montrose, CO. Montrose is at the top of the Million Dollar Highway. You can go to Silverton, Durango, Cortez, Mesa Verde National Park, Telluride.

You have good access to Denver, Steamboat Springs, Independence Pass and other great sites.

Where do you plan to host this International rally at then Condor?

We've done enough of these things. VW-Cody #1 and INT-Cody#2, VW-SLO, VW-The Dalles, it's time for someone else to raise their hand. Instead of passing the buck, are you ready to step up??