IGNORED

Another Florida M&E ??

Barrycuda

Ok gang, are we willing to try it again? The last attempt had a lot of issues with me moving, brake Pad with family concerns but also the weather was hazardous with the rain and storms. Prior to that we had a few successful ones, I think 3 in a row.

Is anyone/everyone willing to try something either in mid to late September or early October? biketoberfest does not count. IDK about you guys, But I really enjoy seeing you guys and chatting and kicking back. Brian, GEZ, Brake Pad and Karen, Steve and Marilyn, Tuff Tom, Crazy gaucho, and anyone else that wishes to attend. I'd like to hear from Y'all and see if we can get another one of these up and running. Thoughts???

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karen was going to start one soon, she loves Lightseys and wanted to have another one there

then I shall step aside to allow Karen to organize it. Ladies are better at organizing these types of things. I will be of help if need be. One suggestion is to perhaps try someplace new. Someplace not only semi central perhaps, but just new in general.

Barry and everwho (thats a word I picked up from my boss in NC) Maybe middle part of Sept. Brian I know that prob wont work for you. But maybe the weather will cool of a bit and the rain thing will be done with afternoon constant rains.

Brian good luck with the back surgery. I can tell you from experience the doc aint going to let you ride for at least 4-6 weeks. I am fighting a back issue now myself and already had surgery on it in 09.

had back surgery almost 2 month ago (fractured lumbar vertebra) and I'm getting better :cool10:

and really need some riding............ I can arrange any day if I get about a week notice

bottom line I would love that !!!!!!!!!!

heal quickly my friend.

I will have to see how things go. My back surgery is scheduled for 09/13/2014. I don't know what to expect or how long the recovery time will be. I know that I would love to go. Time will tell.

Brian,

I speak for all of us here that we certainly wish you a speedy recovery and safe procedure. Healing properly and physical therapy is essential. After that, when you're cleared to ride, we can make it a point to ride together to a few places. It's long overdue...

Would like that. What's up with the Wednesday night thing at Steak and lube? Where?

Donvito,

Every Wednesday night at Quaker steak and lube( restaurant, bar) in Clearwater they have bike night. It's usually pretty packed with all sorts of bikes. Food is decent and have bands play and some vendors. I go every now and then. With or without anyone....

Tom, we are going up that way in Oct.

Barry had a flat on way back from Bay Pines today on the back roads into Avon Park. About 30 or so miles from home. got it plugged so I could get home, but will need to investigate it more next week or something. going out of town for a couple days. I'm hoping I can patch it.

Tom, we are going up that way in Oct.

Barry had a flat on way back from Bay Pines today on the back roads into Avon Park. About 30 or so miles from home. got it plugged so I could get home, but will need to investigate it more next week or something. going out of town for a couple days. I'm hoping I can patch it.

Yeah Dion, keep me/ us posted. We shouldn't have anything semi finalized any time this week or next. Just make sure the tire and you are safe to ride...

Brian,

I speak for all of us here that we certainly wish you a speedy recovery and safe procedure. Healing properly and physical therapy is essential. After that, when you're cleared to ride, we can make it a point to ride together to a few places. It's long overdue...

Thanks Barry. My operation is set for 09/13/2014. Time will tell. I certainly hope we can go riding again. As you know, my bike is up for sale. Amy is telling me to keep it, but someone is coming to look at it tomorrow. We will see. :beer:

had a procedure ( balloon Kyphoplasty)in my fractured vertebra on July 7th, felt better right away but pain seemed to travel to different areas.......... after almost two month I can tell I will get there ............ trying to lose some extra weight to help my back

in my case having the fracture for 5 months did not help at all

like everyone else here I wish you a prompt recovery and the very best

Dan

had a procedure ( balloon Kyphoplasty)in my fractured vertebra on July 7th, felt better right away but pain seemed to travel to different areas.......... after almost two month I can tell I will get there ............ trying to lose some extra weight to help my back

in my case having the fracture for 5 months did not help at all

like everyone else here I wish you a prompt recovery and the very best

Dan

My L4/L5 has a bad herniation. They are going to go in and cut off the bulging part of the disk. They have to drill a hole in the bone so they can get to the bulge. Losing weight is always a good thing. I have lost 59 pounds since last December. Thanks

I feel for you. I had an L5 herniated disc. The pain was unbelievable. Did it playing touch football with my nephews and stretching for a pass. Found out I'm too old for that. Luckily, rest and therapy did the trick. Wishing you luck with yours.

Brian, out of curiosity....WHY are you selling the bike? Don't say because you don't ride, because after all this you will.

The main reason I have it up for sale is because I don't want the payment right now. Amy is even telling me to keep it. We will see. If someone offers to buy it in the next two weeks, I will sell it. After that, who knows.