IGNORED

Another use for Sea Foam

Gary N.

I had to get the Space Shuttle (RV) smog tested this year to renew the licence and it failed the idle speed HCO test. Limit 200 ppm, actual 217 ppm.

Long story short I pulled a vacuum line on the intake manifold and sucked a whole can of Sea Foam through it at 2500 RPM. Smoked out the neighbours for sure. On the retest the reading was 101 ppm. I'm good for two more years. Guess what I'll do before my next test?

Cool beans!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thinking on your part for sure..

That was cheap enough.....

Now you can use the money you saved for FUEL...:rasberry:

Don't get me started. This is just another gov't tax grab. $96 for the first test that I failed and $56 for the retest. Not to mention the gas $$$ going back and forth twice. I hardly drive the damn thing in Ontario, other than the twenty or so miles to the bridge to get to the States. People who live in Northern Ontario are exempt from this stupid test and light vehicles like cars and light duty trucks only have to hook up to the OBDII port and as long as there are no service engine codes on the computer they're good to go for $33. They don't even sniff the exhaust on these vehicles.:225:

If they changed the measurement from Parts per million to Parts per mile, then I would believe they cared about clean air. Unfortunately, it is a feel good making money law.

Keep talking... I can see Gary is becoming "aroused" by the direction of your comments...

:stickpoke::rotf::buttkick:

We used to have them here. I had a Chevy S10 that I only changed the oil on.

Every year the measured ppm went down. :think: I had the lowest emission vehicle in town. Then the tail pipe fell off. I saw that the weld seam along the pipe had rusted out from the muffler to a couple inches from the outlet. Apparently I was mixing more clean:whistling: air in every year.

It mentions that application right on the can. As well you can put it in the Oil, and You can also put it in Motorcycle oil I think it was 6 oz for 4 qts. (Asked them over the internet, info also comes up otherwise on search.)

You are really suppose to shut it off and let it sit in there overnight. Next AM it REALLY smokes for a while then runs clear. I have done same thing with the bike.

I had to get the Space Shuttle (RV) smog tested this year to renew the licence and it failed the idle speed HCO test. Limit 200 ppm' date=' actual 217 ppm. Long story short I pulled a vacuum line on the intake manifold and sucked a whole can of Sea Foam through it at 2500 RPM. Smoked out the neighbours for sure. On the retest the reading was 101 ppm. I'm good for two more years. Guess what I'll do before my next test?[/quote']

Good to know for people like me who live in a place where these tests are mandatory.

It does come in a spray can. Called Deep Creep. They have just updated it. It does the same thing. It seems to have a reddish color lube in it though. The newer cans have an adaptor for introduction into a auto intake system. I normally just pour in regular seafoam. On the bike though the spray work s good but spray it directly into carbs. Not the intake. A vacuum intake will work it will just screw up an air intake.

Seafoam web site has all this info. A good read.