IGNORED

New mufflers installed this morning

Freebird

I ran across an almost new set of Vance and Hines Monster Rounds for about half price so couldn't resist. They came yesterday so of course the first thing I did this morning was to get them installed. Also reprogrammed the ECM/Fuel Map to go along with them. I haven't made many changes to this bike in regards to performance so far and am pretty happy with it. I've gone with the stage one air kit, removed the catalytic convertor from the head pipe, and now the V&H Monster Ovals. Then the ECM tune of course. Now it's raining here so all I know is that they sound fantastic in the garage. Not a lot louder than stock but a much deeper sound. I didn't want loud so they should be exactly what I was looking for. Here are some pictures that I took while installing them and comparing them to the stock mufflers.

I went with a stage one air filter from Fuel Moto that allowed me to keep my stock cover. I like the stock cover about as well as any that I've seen. I also got it really cheap because I bought the Dyna Power Vision tuner from them and they offer a package deal. Fuel Moto offers about as good of customer service as I've ever experienced. If you buy the Power Vision tuner from them, they offer lifetime free map changes. When I bought the mufflers, I submitted a request using their online system for an updated fuel map and I received it via email about 15 minutes later. Just connect the power vision to my computer, download the new map into the unit and then plug it into the bike. Takes about 10 minutes from receiving the file to reprogramming the ECM.

Looking good Don.:cool10:

I just picked up a used set of peacmakers for the RSV, mufflers and tips olny so I need to devise some sort of manual actuation system.

The fishtail samsons look and sound great but there are times I just want to stuff a sock in em.

Don,Thats why i bought my monster oval bought them for about half the retail price nice deep rumble and perfect sound out on the highway on my RSV not obnoxious.And wait until you crank on it your gonna rip your ears off with the smile you will have.I know the sound will be different on your Harley but your gonna love them.

The used 06 RSV I got last fall had them, they didn't work with the switch so I took the actuator apart and moved them manually. I could tell the difference but not as big a change as on the video on their webpage. I plan on taking them off this winter to see if the flap or whatever is inside is opening and closing completely. If you figure out a good way to change them manually, let me know. I like the way the big pipes sound but it certainly is not very loud. When the wife's 1100 vstar is running {with aftermarket add ons} beside mine I can't hear mine at all. :thumbsup2:

The used 06 RSV I got last fall had them, they didn't work with the switch so I took the actuator apart and moved them manually. I could tell the difference but not as big a change as on the video on their webpage. I plan on taking them off this winter to see if the flap or whatever is inside is opening and closing completely. If you figure out a good way to change them manually, let me know. I like the way the big pipes sound but it certainly is not very loud. When the wife's 1100 vstar is running {with aftermarket add ons} beside mine I can't hear mine at all. :thumbsup2:

I think you should be able to see the butterfly valve move through the inlet. I will look at the ones I have and get back to you if I'm wrong.

I will document what I come up with for adjusters. I would rather have an actuator though, want to sell yours?

Looks great Don!

I think we need a new Smilie in our vast choices,, one that reads "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITH OUT VIDEO W/ AUDIO" :whistling:

OK....here is a short video. Not good but my iPhone is all I had to do it with. Went for about a 40 mile ride this morning. It was 42 degrees when I left the house but I dressed warm and it was truly a nice ride. Anyway, here is the video but I need you to come and do it right. :)

OK....here is a short video. Not good but my iPhone is all I had to do it with. Went for about a 40 mile ride this morning. It was 42 degrees when I left the house but I dressed warm and it was truly a nice ride. Anyway, here is the video but I need you to come and do it right. :)

NICE!! Looks and sounds great Don! :thumbsup::clap2:

So,,, did riding at 42 degrees make you think about finding a way to get some heat from the pipes to warm your legs up:whistling: :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Cant see where you need any of my assistance in your video capabilities BUT,,, if we ever bump into each other I would gladly run beside you and get a good vid of you and your bike in action!!! :detective:

hmmmmmm... sounds like my Victory when it was stock ... :stickpoke:

Will see what I come up with when I take them off to see how they work. If I make them nonadjustable I will let you know. I am guessing you are just wanting the actuator part?

I would be interested in any parts you will not use.

Checked the butterfly valves, easy to see.