IGNORED

Center Stand? Worth it?

SapperMedic

I am contemplating buying a Rivco Center Stand for my 06 RSV. I miss the ability to park the bike like I did my old 1st Gen. $350 is a lot, has anyone put one on? Is it worth it? How much difficulty lifting onto the stand, can my back handle the lift? Too many questions.

Yeah, I think it's worth it. It comes in handy for cleaning and oil changes. Putting it up on the centerstand is comparable to a first gen. Takes a bit of ummfh, but it's no problem for me. (5'11" 210lbs) Might be a problem for someone a bit lighter. I put a Rivco on my 06 when I first got it. Paid full price. If I were to do it again I'd probably wait until I found one used. They pop up on this site every once in a while. Installation is fairly quick and easy.:080402gudl_prv:

LOVE MY RIVCO CENTER STAND! It does take a strong tug to get it up on the stand, but it is well worth it. Rivco was displaying their products at Bikes Blues and BBQ and I purchased it there and they installed it for me.

I say buy it. You'll never regret it.

I am contemplating buying a Rivco Center Stand for my 06 RSV. I miss the ability to park the bike like I did my old 1st Gen. $350 is a lot, has anyone put one on? Is it worth it? How much difficulty lifting onto the stand, can my back handle the lift? Too many questions.

The problem you're going to run into is they aren't making the stand for the RSV any longer. Unless they've changed their mind, or still have a few left over from a special prepaid run of 20 that they offered, that took a long time to fill... What happened is they needed 20 RSV owners to commit before they'd start building them, and they would cost $400 bucks plus shipping. Now if they didn't quite fill the order and had a couple left over, you'd be the benefactor of others stepping up to the plate. I was one of them. And you'll save 50 bucks to boot... The reason I bit the bullet is I already have one on my '99, and liked it a lot, and wanted to put one on the '07. One thing you'll need to keep in mind is that if you plan on lifting the bike with a jack and adapter it won't work, the stand is in the way. However if you're lucky enough to own a table, it's not a problem... :)

I have a used rivco on the shelf... I bought a used parts package (tote full of accessories off craigs list) a while back. It is very heavily built, not perfect, but nice. I have a utopia back rest with RSV and RSTD mounts, kurry highway pegs and mounts, Yamaha storage bike cover, and maybe a few more things that I have not used. I may be willing to sell a bit of this stuff.

Bill:whistling:

I have a used rivco on the shelf... I bought a used parts package (tote full of accessories off craigs list) a while back. It is very heavily built, not perfect, but nice. I have a utopia back rest with RSV and RSTD mounts, kurry highway pegs and mounts, Yamaha storage bike cover, and maybe a few more things that I have not used. I may be willing to sell a bit of this stuff.

Bill:whistling:

You might want to post condition and prices on what you have for sale..... Pics would help too....

• 5 months later...

:think:Without a center stand,,,,, I am still puzzled by how you guys repair or swap out a tire (either front or back) on your scoot when your touring out of town...... Maybe carry a small hydraulic jack apparatus or something?

Has anyone ever looked at converting a 1st Gen Stand?:think:

:think:Without a center stand,,,,, I am still puzzled by how you guys repair or swap out a tire (either front or back) on your scoot when your touring out of town...... Maybe carry a small hydraulic jack apparatus or something?

Has anyone ever looked at converting a 1st Gen Stand?:think:

I'm with ya on that one Puc. One of the first things I did when I bought my RSTD was get a centerstand for it. Literally couldn't do without it now. Having the stand for piddling on the bike while its at my home shop is certainly beneficial, but where it really becomes worth its money is on road trips. Having the bike level everyday when we load up and, and being able to spin the rear and front tires to do a road check is invaluable to me. I haven't (knock on wood) in all the years riding had to deal with a flat on the road yet, but when that eventually happens, I know having the stand will be the shizzle for putting a plug in and heading down the road.

I got mine from FreeBird years ago and can not tell you how many times I was thankful for getting it.

The center stand has saved me countless times when on the road and you need the bike up and centered for a easy fix. Just washing and cleaning make the task easier as well as maintenance. Quit talking about it and buy it. You will not be disappointed.

I wanted a Rivco a year or so ago, but was having trouble parting with the cash for it. I ran across a member that had a converted 1st gen center stand for a lot less than 400 bucks, so I painted it up all nice and shiny and it works real good! there is a posting in the tech area on how to modify a 1st gen center stand if anyone wants to go tthat route.

Brian

I have a center stand, but don't see how you could remove the rear wheel with it. Whenever I change my tires, I remove the center stand and install Carbon one's lift adapter (easy). You have to lift the bike pretty high to remove the rear wheel. Now if the rear fender was hinged like the old Harleys then you could do it.

I have a center stand, but don't see how you could remove the rear wheel with it. Whenever I change my tires, I remove the center stand and install Carbon one's lift adapter (easy). You have to lift the bike pretty high to remove the rear wheel. Now if the rear fender was hinged like the old Harleys then you could do it.

A few years ago one of the members posted how to remove the rear tire on a center stand by removing the front tire first and setting down on the forks. Wonder what happened to that post?? Maybe it's still somewhere on the board???