IGNORED

Let's see what I can start here!

All those who have installed the leveling link in back which raises the rear 1",

ever notice the oil window is in the front of the engine? So how do you think that effects the reading?

Now even if I have it to the top of the window I don't get blow-by like I use to.

Comments, observations, ridicule????????????? :stirthepot: :detective: :whistling:

I changed the shock to the Hagen unit and did the leveling links. Never thought about the oil level issue until you mentioned it. Went out and checked and I saw no real difference. Now, admittedly. I check it with the bike on the Sears lift using the adapter so maybe it is the same level. This is the also the easiest way to check the air in the back tire. I have found that my bike uses NO oil between oil changes anyway. Extremely reliable unit.

Well I went ahead and checked the oil level with a 1" thick board under the front wheel as I have the leveling links in back.

It changes the oil by 1/4th of the window. Makes sense that I don't get blow-by with oil all the way to the top, which is where I'll keep it from now on.

So there! :cool10: