IGNORED

Beaded and Sheepskin

I like the beaded much better than stock seat alone, however it is still a little to hard on the butt and legs... So I thought about putting a sheepskin over the beads for added softness... :fingers-crossed-emo

I recall seeing a forum topic somewhere. maybe the wing guys, about making a custom beaded seat cover from a large automotive beaded seat cover.

I have not seen any motorcycle specific bead seat covers in quite sometime.

As a matter of fact I think the only ones who still have those are NY taxi Cabs.

I have not seen any motorcycle specific bead seat covers in quite sometime.

I run with BeadRider beaded cover. They are motorcycle specific.

http://www.beadrider.com/

As to the OP: I ran a sheared sheepskin over a stock seat for awhile. The sheepskin I used was from a WalMart car seat cover. Didn't help my marshmallow butt. I then switched to BeadRider beads with a stock seat. Good improvement, although I found that my butt would roll forward when braking. I went to a RoadSofa seat without the BeadRider for a while, but I soon added the BeadRider to RoadSofa. In the summer heat, I found the RoadSofa very hot, perhaps because of the gel insert. Adding the BeadRider to the RoadSofa made for the most comfort.

Perhaps, instead of putting the sheepskin over the beads, try putting the beads on top of the sheepskin.

I have a set of sheep skin seat covers that fit the GW 1800 operator and passenger seats which are white in color that I will sell you if interested.

They can easily be cut with a pair of scissors to shape to your seats

I haven't tried a beaded seat on a motorbike. I have in my car, but didn't find it comfortable.

I have been using a sheepskin on my bike for the past 4 years and would not want to ride without it. Contrary to what I had believed, it really keeps me back end cool on the hot days and long rides.

My seat is comfortable, but now even more so with the sheepskin as I don't sweat like I use to. My wife as a passenger also likes it better then without.

Good luck with finding what is best for you and let us know, there maybe more options out there that we haven't tried or not willing to try yet.

I bought a custom size beaded for my previous Shadow Spirit enroute to finding the absolute in comfort. I found that instead of having ONE pain point, I had 50.

But then I found the Crazy Creek canoe pad - no longer sold. a single air chamber air pillow. I learned to put just a few puffs of air in it and it kept my butt levitated above the seat so I had ZERO pressure points. that canoe pad was only $19 at REI but the Airhawk is the closest thing. Of course, nothing matches the ultimate comfort of Rick Butler Seat mod. I have done two iron butts this year with the seat mod and am embarrassed to be saying I have an IRON butt when Rick's mod did all the work.

VentureFar...

I have the Beadrider on a stock seat which makes it much better than just the stock seat alone... However it still isn't as comfortable as I want it to be, I'm hoping the addition of the Sheepskin will be what I'm looking for...

I carry beads (cut down and re-tied Walmart car seat) and a sheepskin (IKEA) to use over my custom seat. Usually, I don't need anything. If it is hot, beads allow really nice airflow. Sheepskin helps with some extra padding when periodically needed.

I used both (skin over beads) on my KLR when I took a trip on it a few years ago. It was OK.

AirHawk is great but don't use on the Venture since buying the custom seat. Use it on my other bikes when needed.

RR

Contact Rick Butler about doing the seat mod, you will not regret it. You should not need the beads after that. I've had the Sheepskins from Alaska Leather for several years, the keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. With the combination of the Butler Mod and the Sheepskins I can ride as long as I want to in total comfort.

My Alaskan Sheepskin' s for my RSTD and my wife's Goldwing Trike came in today, I put them on the bikes (Mine under a Beadrider) after a 50 mile ride my wife loves hers, however the Beadrider is still killing my butt... So tomorrow I will try the Beadrider under the Sheepskin and see if that's any better...

My Alaskan Sheepskin' s for my RSTD and my wife's Goldwing Trike came in today, I put them on the bikes (Mine under a Beadrider) after a 50 mile ride my wife loves hers, however the Beadrider is still killing my butt... So tomorrow I will try the Beadrider under the Sheepskin and see if that's any better...

The nice people at beadrider took mine back and gave me a full refund. I had 50 points of pain instead of one.

AIR is the way to go -

VentureFar...

I have been riding on a sheepskin over beads seat for about 4 years. Made from $8 Walmart car seat beads, two $5 sheepskin washmitts and the non-slip padding from kitchen drawers. I purchased the Ultimate Beadrider last year and use it now during the summer with the same sheepskin over it.

No numb-butt or itchy-booty since.

:usa:

I use a thick sheepskin seat cover for my bike. I can't remember where I bought it. I cut the sheepskin out to the shape of the seat. Then I used contact glue and glued a foam excerise mat 3/8 thick to the sheepskin. I also put elastic strips on each side so I can slip on and off as wanted. My wife an I both love the extra comfort.