IGNORED

Swivel hitch for a Piggy Backer

Spitfire0049

No it doesnt...but I have bought a swivel from Neosho. It has a nylon insert with a solid bar through that. The nylon insert is for sizing and can be shaved down to fit the piggy.

So I have been told.

...most of my stuff I ordered over the winter is still in BlackOwls possesion or with the camper I'm picking up May long week-end.

No it doesnt...but I have bought a swivel from Neosho. It has a nylon insert with a solid bar through that. The nylon insert is for sizing and can be shaved down to fit the piggy.

So I have been told.

...most of my stuff I ordered over the winter is still in BlackOwls possesion or with the camper I'm picking up May long week-end.

Well, actually, he is picking it up the week end before the long week end. But he's Canadian, and just coming out of the long freeze so we need to cut him some slack.

He is correct though on the Neosho swivel hitch. You can shave the nylon insert to fit. Did it on my trailer when I switched to the swivel hitch.

The PiggyBacker does not have a standard 2x2 tongue. What swivel hitch do you use for this trailer?

I ordered the swivel hitch from Black Tie Accessories. A little pricey but made for the Piggy Backer. They do not have a website but the lady at Piggy Back gave me their number. 888-718-1037:2143:

If they gave us your Veterans Day to go along with our Victoria Day we would have two long week-ends here! That would be great!

Or you could just fall in line with the rest of the world and do as we say........:stirthepot: :rotfl:

I ordered the swivel hitch from Black Tie Accessories. A little pricey but made for the Piggy Backer. They do not have a website but the lady at Piggy Back gave me their number. 888-718-1037:2143:

Thanks for the phone number. Is the hitch Black Tie hitch chrome like the one that comes with the Piggy?

What would be the advantage to using a swivel if I already have a ball hitch that acts much the same? It would come in handy when I have my bike on the sidestand, or uneven ground. Are there some other benefits I'm not seeing?

Guest tx2sturgis

A swivel hitch does 2 things:

1. It will not 'push' as hard in a turn where you are banked over nearly to the limits.

2. If you accidently drop your bike, the swivel will keep any damage from being done to the hitch, coupler, frame, or drawbar.

Hope this helps.

Got my swivel hitch in today and was going to put it on but I can not figure out where to bolt the safety chains. Without the swivel hitch I just ran one of the bolts through the chain inside the channel but with the swivel, the channel is all filled up.:confused07: