Thanks I see that now. When you read the large description at the top it seems like everything is in a kit and the same description comes up in my wish list for each.

Passing Lamps

The classic look. Lamp kit includes traditional-styled lamps with a remote, dash-mounted switch and all necessary wiring. Mounting hardware sold separately. (Dealer installation is recommended).

Thanks

MSRP is $269.90

South Seattle Sports Plaza has them for 205.12 plus shipping, or 31.6% discount

Cycle Parts nation lists them for $229.42 plus shipping, or 17.6% discount

Currently the best price I could find on eBay was 259.38 plus shipping... or 4% discount.

I am putting my order in at South Seattle Sports Plaza ASAP!!!!!

Edited by KiteSquid
add percentages

MSRP is $269.90

South Seattle Sports Plaza has them for 205.12 plus shipping, or 31.6% discount

Cycle Parts nation lists them for $229.42 plus shipping, or 17.6% discount

Currently the best price I could find on eBay was 259.38 plus shipping... or 4% discount.

I am putting my order in at South Seattle Sports Plaza ASAP!!!!!

I have order from Seattle Sports Plaza & the link below...

http://www.motorsportssupercenter.com/pages/catalogs/detail/26/207/407/3657/1/0/0/1/4/90/69/35535/passing-lamps.aspx

Their price is 199.72 and shipping is 16.24....$216.14 delivered to my house...OH! by the way...this is listed on the STAR Touring Web site for Members under remedies...Brighter PASSING LAMPS? Has anyone done this instead of the SEALED BEAMS?

Brighter passing lamps Do NOT buy the Venture passing lamps. Instead, buy the V-Star halogen passing lamps. They will fit the Venture passing lamp mounts with no problem. Remove the red wiring from the switch in one of the lamp housings and wire it to the Venture lamp switch. Why do this? Unlike the sealed beams, the halogen lamps have a replaceable H3 bulb. Pull out the bulbs and keep them as spares. Purchase the PIAA or Silverstar Ultra H3 bulbs. They are still 35 watt bulbs (i.e. do not consume more power), but put out 70 watts of light. Passing lamps part no.: STR-4NK35-10-00

:witch_brew:

George In Virginia...

UMMMM the part number you gave STR-4XY35-10-00 is for a V-Star Sealed Beam passing lamp, which is the same as the sealed beam lamp for the RSV. It takes a PAR36 bulb. Click HERE to go to the Star Motorcycles website.

The H3 Passing lamp is part number STR-4NK35-10-01 according to the Star Motorcycles website HERE which is the same part number for the H3 passing lamps from the Royal Star Tour Deluxe HERE.

For me, the drawback with the lamps that take H3 bulbs is you cant change the beam shape.

BTW, there are more than 100 different PAR36 size lamps that fit into the RSV passing lamp housing.

I am going with one of theses but I have not made up my mind as I need to see what bulbs Yamaha put in the box and how I like them:

12 degree tall by 12 degree wide:

Halco 107782 50 Watt, 5000 CBCP, 910 Lumens, 5000 hour life and cost $7.53 each

Halco 107794 35 Watt, 3500 CBCP, 540 Lumens, 5000 hour life and cost $7.53 each

5 degree tall by 5 degree wide:

Halco 107784 50 Watt, 25000 CBCP, 910 Lumens, 5000 hour life and cost $7.53 each

Halco 107796 35 Watt, 17000 CBCP, 540 Lumens, 5000 hour life and cost $7.53 each

They also make the 35 and 50 Watt bulbs in a 32 degree spread, but that is to tall for me.

I have also found a few PAR36 bulbs that have two filaments in them, either for redundancy or run them both with the high-beams on empty roads.... The drawback is they cost about $30 each and have a much lower life.

Edited by KiteSquid

Mariner Fan, such as.......... Please provide some part numbers and URLs if you have them.

Hey Harold,

I don't have any part numbers etc. because I bought the stock setup. What I was getting at was that I've seen other members put different lamps on the stock mount and was told that they are much better than the stock unit. As you probably know, it wouldn't take much to improve on the stock ones.

Bob

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought a pair of passing lamps and I would like to replace the poor sealedbeam by halogene (H3). I'm not able to find the right kit who could easily fit in the bogy of the lamp.

If some of you could reply, i'll very appréciate.

Louis, Quebec, Canada

I bought a pair of passing lamps and I would like to replace the poor sealedbeam by halogene (H3). I'm not able to find the right kit who could easily fit in the bogy of the lamp.

If some of you could reply, i'll very appréciate.

Salut Louis, you could try your local NAPA store to see if they have something similar to the FOG LAMPS Wagner 4415A.. this the only part number I have on hand but these are for the AMBER ones.. I may be picking up a pair of these this year as my headlight over powers my highway lights, and the amber colour might be slightly more attention getting (more noticeable to cagers) than just three blobs of white light.. I noticed them more when I saw them on another bike..

But Wagners spots or floods can be found at NAPA for under $10...

Cheers