Here are pictures of my beast . . .

First picture is what it looked like after the initial clean up

Second picture is after the engine was replaced and all the plastic is off

Third picture is the re-assembled beast

I rode the beast for two months without the plastic to make sure the running gear was solid. It actually drove and rode very good!

I have also imagined building a "naked" Venture since that experience.

trader....no, ahhhh no! LOL

Thanks everybody those pics do help. Heres my deal.

I got my 84 royale going and put a couple thousand miles on it only to find out I don't like all that fairing. Even with a short shield and some highway pegs, it's just to hot, not enough air flow. So I've got to make a decision, do I remove the fairing or sell the Royale and pick up something like V Star Tourer? I am a bit addicted to that V4 power, this is one quick couch. But I don't know if I wanna put in the work to make a naked Venture. Steve's bike looks sweet, but I don't have those kinda skills.

:confused24:

A couple of pics I've ran across in the past. The Mad Max looking ride is about as naked as you can get. I think this belongs to one of our guys. The other one is a look I wouldn't mind for my '84 if I ever decide to slim it down.

The orange one.......well ya know.

Mike

A couple of pics I've ran across in the past. The Mad Max looking ride is about as naked as you can get. I think this belongs to one of our guys. The other one is a look I wouldn't mind for my '84 if I ever decide to slim it down.

The orange one.......well ya know.

Mike

That second one does look nice. Maybe I'll try pulling everything cept the main fairing... see if that'll give me what I need.

Thanks!

Bongos right about the panels for the side covers. I reinstalled the plastic heat shields on the tops of the valve covers, (which the PO had removed) and found a set of the chrome inserts for the side panels.

It makes the hot days much more bearable running down the road. All the heat is deflected to the rear and low so my legs weren't catching it off the engine.

Taking the windshield height down to a minimum will bring a lot of air flow back to you to. I rode mine for a few days without a screen on at all and it was back to like being on a bike without a fairing at all.

trader....no, ahhhh no! LOL

Thanks everybody those pics do help. Heres my deal.

I got my 84 royale going and put a couple thousand miles on it only to find out I don't like all that fairing. Even with a short shield and some highway pegs, it's just to hot, not enough air flow. So I've got to make a decision, do I remove the fairing or sell the Royale and pick up something like V Star Tourer? I am a bit addicted to that V4 power, this is one quick couch. But I don't know if I wanna put in the work to make a naked Venture. Steve's bike looks sweet, but I don't have those kinda skills.

:confused24:

I was also suffering from heat on the beast. I made clear side covers and cut my old windshield down to 1 inch above the instrument pod. The improvement is dramatic. Smooth air flows over the windshield and hits me at eye level. Engine heat has been cut by 75% on my legs and feet. The passenger heat was only cut by about 50%.