IGNORED

My letter to the Victory management

Tisunac

This reads like a trip to my local Hardley shop. I was told anything on the floor could take my Riceburner. Didn't even know that word still existed!! Couldn't get him to back it up. That V-Rod could probally do it IF HE could ride.....:whistling:

You should have bet ... then pointed to the piece of paper ... on the floor (anything on the floor) ... :rotf:

Thank you, thank you, thank you....Did I mentioned English is my second language? :cool10:

Perhaps that is the key. A little accent perhaps? Look a little "un-American"? (whatever that is) Some folks think they can be jerks because they've been on this continent all their life. Either way, If the CEO hears about this I bet heads will roll. Nothing like a pissant taking down the whole company.

Stephen F. Heese CPA President

Stephen M. Julius Executive Chairman

Pankaj Dubey Managing Director

Just playing Dan you know that.. Just keeping up with Rick on defending my "for now" choice of bike.

I know that Eddie. That idiot did tic me off. I had stopped to look at a trike they had on the floor. He started by telling me that trike was more than I was used to handling. When I pulled my wallet he couldn't back up fast enough. And with the V-Rod sitting there I was taking a chance. But I got this problem keeping my mouth shut......:whistling:

Just a couple comments from the Victory forum. Thought you might be interested.

I was there that day. He is on the money about his ****ty attitude. This Vic guy was a sawed off little twerp with a really big mouth. I let him know that to his face- but not in a super confrontational manner. I wanted to see if he would back off some of that attitude first- and if not- it was officially on. He more or less did. I let it end.

He was basically saying if you don't like something then don't buy it-which normally wouldn't offend me. Problem is- he was not part of nor invited into the conversation- he inserted himself into it. I simply mentioned something like You know you got quite an attitude on display in front of all these prospective buyers. He started to say something- likely retaliatory- so I continued- I bet Polaris wouldn't appreciate it either. That's when it appeared to register. I mean hell- I could have his picture and his truck's plate number on Vic's FB page in seconds so.. (he's probably drawn complaints already)

I will say in a partial defense- there were at least 2 riders there that I found pretty frustrating and tiring. I hope one of them was not your friend, but I found this guy irritating and seemingly there to whine like a little girl about everything. Missing gears when he shifted- because he wouldn't put any ass into it. (I was riding right next to him I could see it) "This transmission SUCKS" and on and on. The other douche was a typical Harley guy that just wanted to make sure everyone knew these were NOT Harleys. He complained about everything- but you could tell he was just an idiot spewing nonsense. Ignore.

Now If I'm the Victory guy- this wears on me too. But you gotta get over yourself and maintain decorum here.

You bring up a good point - in that "There are always three sides to every story" - each of theirs and the TRUTH! ---

If I had some HD nut-cake going off on all kinds of crap, as a rep I would tell him to take a hike, I dont want his biz.... Chow!

Just a couple comments from the Victory forum. Thought you might be interested.

Thank you for passing these comments over to our forum. I remember the Harley guy with his comments and I agree he was over-the-top with making sure his Harley was much better bike (he used much more colorful language). Don't remember the other guy, though.

STILL, the Victory guy's job was to help people with their questions and concerns, to be courteous and professional, and to avoid any confrontation regardless of the comments. He was not meeting The Guys at the bar and somebody was bashing His bike. He was there paid by the Victory to promote their products and help potential customers with their questions and needs. It's Customer Service 101.

I wasn't complain out loud at all, it was a conversation between him and me. But even the guy who complained about the clutch shouldn't be treated bad by the Victory rep. If he do that at the bar or on the ride he would probably got his a.. wooped but that's private interaction. The Demo Ride is not.

Perhaps that is the key. A little accent perhaps? Look a little "un-American"? (whatever that is) Some folks think they can be jerks because they've been on this continent all their life. Either way, If the CEO hears about this I bet heads will roll. Nothing like a pissant taking down the whole company.

Stephen F. Heese CPA President

Stephen M. Julius Executive Chairman

Pankaj Dubey Managing Director

Hahaha...It might be. It rarely happens to me though. My accent is not that strong and I'm from Europe so I don't look "different" (whatever that is in today's day and age). 99.999% of people I see daily (I'm in a medical field, working with public) have no issue with that whatsoever. That said, we are all different....

Really not trying to drag this post any longer than it should...just a fair comparison. I went to a Harley Davidson Demo Ride here, locally. Spent a good portion of the day Saturday over there. I was never a Harley guy, never owned a Harley and I'm not going into my opinion about their bikes, just how the demo ride went.

Everything was well organized, they knew exactly who's doing what, they had a sign-up desk, you fill up the necessary paperwork and they sign you up for a ride on a bike of your choice. If it's not available for the next ride, they will sign you for the first next ride available. They won't have you sign for two rides, just one at the time - and that's fair to everybody. However, if there's a bike (leftover) available before the ride starts they'll let you know and you can ride that one for that ride. A short briefing before every ride, two leaders one front one back, checking intersections when we are turning, their truck at the turning point making sure cars can see us. I felt very safe during the ride, especially on an unknown-to-me bike. Plenty help if you have questions about the bikes, explaining all the features. Respectful, courteous, knowledgeable. I felt welcomed there....

Everything was organized and staffed by the local HD dealership and you can tell they want our business. One thing was very interesting - one of the riders after one ride called one of the HD employees and told him about the strange rattle in the front part of the bike he just rode. The employee checked it out immediately, couldn't hear anything, called another guy to check it out,.... He was making sure everything is okay with the bike before somebody else sit on it and take it for a spin!... He took the comment very seriously and, after thorough checking, assured the rider that's a normal sound for that engine. Did not make fun of the rider, did not have a smart comment, did not have a smirk on his face,... He did his job, and did it fine.

Professional, courteous, well organized event. Regardless of what you think about their products, they will do their best to promote their bikes in the best possible light.

Before leaving, I thanked them for their help that day and they were happy to see somebody appreciated their effort.

Tisunac is spot on with his description of the demo day at the Harley dealer. I was there on Sunday as well to ride a few bikes as I am searching for the next one. I too am not a Harley person (I have owned one but not a fair comparison since it was an AMF 1974 model Sportster). So I wanted to see if I was blown away by a new Road Glide and if it might be worth the money. To me it did not wow me enough to make the switch. But everyone was friendly even when I was asked what I thought about the CVO Road Glide I rode. I told the sales guy that I would honestly spend much less and get another new left over or used Venture and have all that extra cash left. Granted the RG had more goodies (even the non CVO). Instead of snubbing his nose, he talked with me for a couple minutes about the Venture and what I thought was lacking from the RG that kept me from buying. All in a very friendly positive way the entire time.

Let me also say that I am not putting down the bikes in any way either. Fine bike in my mind, but just not for me to spend $24K for one.

I went for a Victory demo day a couple of years ago. Fairly well organized, laid-back. Rode all the models. Overall a decent experience. Wasn't looking to buy, just wanted to try them out. I'd buy a Vic over a Harley any day.