IGNORED

Anyone remember these?

Eck

My son-in-law, Dean and his boys have 5 or 6 of them. They tear them done to the last bolt, rebuild them and then use them for pulling in the mini-tractor pulls. They have a large electrolysis tank for removing rust, repaint and add parts as needed. They sure were the item to have, and still are for those who know quality.

Just make sure that you don't turn em over on ya. :stirthepot:

Oh heck Randy.... Don't even say that..

Man, I am SO glad it was my John Deere I rolled over on me and NOT one of these things.

I tried to pick up the front end of one of these just to get it up into the trailer (about 18 inches off the ground) and WOW.. These are made of STEEL...heavy as heck...I couldn't even pick the tires off the ground..

If it was one of these that I rolled over on me, I would have been killed for sure..

Today, I got the Commando 800 running..... :cool10:

It looks a whole lot better after the pressure washing..(see attached pic below)

Had to flush gas tank, remove the gas shut off/on valve completely and tore it apart to clean it all out. Replace fuel hoses & in-line fuel filter. Took carb off and tore it apart and rebuilt it..(check out the shinny carb in attached pic)

Poured fresh fuel in tank, (about half full), removed inlet gas line to carb and cranked engine until I saw fuel coming out end of hose. Connected hose., Pulled choke and wha-la..it started right up. A little adjustment of the throttle screw and off I went down the road grinning from ear to ear..:biker:

Tomorrow, (or Thursday), I will do same to the B-100 and get it running. Already got the battery charged up and ready.

I'm jealous Eck. I've been looking for a true garden tractor...not a riding mower... for a while now. This Wheel Horse looks like it'd do the trick, and is just the right size. Problem is I've never seen one before?? Must be an eastern US thing??

WOW Eck! That is a cool find. But I'm like Condor, I've never heard of that brand before.

So many old brand names like that made superb products but have gone by the wayside. Usually bought out by the large conglomerates and consumed into their mediocre worlds.

Well, I rebuilt the carb on the B-100 today and got it running like a clock. Rode it around the block with beer in hand and a smile....

I now have the Commando list to sell along with a bunch of accessories and a plow..

I will be keeping the B-100 for now, and one of the pull behind sweepers.

I see a lot of Wheel Horse mowers and tractors around here. Was curious and just looked at the Cleveland, OH Craigslist and there are quite a few listed there along with some accessories. They were bought out by Toro at some point and I don't think are near the tractor that they once were. There are some Toro models and some older ones listed there though. Those like you bought are tough old tractors. I have an old John Deere with an iron cylinder 8 HP Kohler that I use only for the snow blower. It's a tough old tractor too. It's a 110 model i I remember correctly. Would have to go outside and look and that's just too much trouble right now. :) I think it's a 72 model or something like that.

Those John Deere's are really tough ones too.

My step son John, many met him a few years back at Vogel,( went by the name Nason... which is another story:whistling:)...he works at John Deere on those old tractors and the newer ones including the 4 wheelers.

I have John Deere also. This is the one I rolled over on me about 8 weeks ago.(ouch...still hurting too!).

Paid $225 for it

I have a late '90's model Wheel Horse (bought new) and it has been a great little garden tractor. Primarily mow with it but have a snow blade and rototiller I bought with it.

Only problems with it have been related to the location of the battery. It is under the hood and right behind the dash so the electrical connections require lots of maintenance. I have to replace the fuse panel due to the fuses corroding, getting hot, and melting the plastic. After I became aware of it I now stay ahead of the issue. Great and rugged little tractor.