IGNORED

Loosing my clutch!!!!!!

I have a '86 Venture Royale and I am not too educated on working on them so maybe yall can help me. My clutch works fine I don't think that its engaging all the way but I can run it down the highway for a while and never fails I loose all pressure and I have to pump the lever before it starts working again. I never have any fluid leaking when I stop or it's parked. Any advise?:fingers-crossed-emo

Might have air bubbles in the fluid..........when was the last time the clutch system fluid was changed and system bled of air? Air bubbles in the fluid cause the fluid to expand and disengage the clutch

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

I have no idea on the fluid change. I just bought the bike at the first of summer. I might sound stupid but where do you check fluid level.

On the clutch lever reservoir, there is a sight glass. But the best thing to do is remove the cover on the reservoir. The clutch slave cylinder bleed valve is on the left side of the engine near your ankle and has a rubber cover on it.

While doing any fluid bleeding, make sure that you do not get any brake fluid on the paint or plastic. Also, don't run the reservoir dry and keep bleeding it until the fluid is clear and free of bubbles.

RandyA