IGNORED

No sound from speakers

I posted previously about my friend that has an 07 venture. He had to have the selenoid switch replaced. Got the bike home and now no sound comes out of the speakers. Split the fairing and cleaned and greased the connectors but still no sound. I read many old post about this problem but none gave the answer as to what corrected this. Anyone have any ideas?

Have you checked that audio is set to SP (speakers) and not HP (headphones).

Hopefully thats all the problem is....however...

As I mentioned in your other thread...the starter cranking whenever the key is on

issue can originate in the audio system and perhaps something has failed there now.

Hey Neil86,

The problem with the bike starting without pressing the start button was the selenoid switch. It has been replaced but now there isn't any sound from the speakers. The first thing we checked was if the speaker was set to the external speakers and it is. But there isn't any sound using headsets either. Strange problem. Thanks for your reply.

Ok due to my activities over the last couple of weeks I have misplaced my service manual. Last place I for sure saw it was in The Dalles. So this is from memory. There is a white rectangular plug under the fairing. Perhaps 24 pin. The speakers are routed through this plug not the round ones. Make sure it is fully seated.

Mike

My friend just called. The dealer has checked everything the yamaha service manual says to check and thinks it is the radio. The radio is $800.00 from yamaha. My friend asked if it isn't the radio can it be sent back. The service manager said no. Once you open the box and remove the radio it can't be returned. The dealer has a midnight 07 for sale and the service manager is going to remove the radio from it and put it in my friends 07 and see if it works. If so then they will know it is the radio. I don't believe it is but will find out. I think it's pretty crappy to tell you that you can't send a radio back if that is what they think is wrong. Yamaha ought to do better than that.

My friend just called. The dealer has checked everything the yamaha service manual says to check and thinks it is the radio. The radio is $800.00 from yamaha. My friend asked if it isn't the radio can it be sent back. The service manager said no. Once you open the box and remove the radio it can't be returned. The dealer has a midnight 07 for sale and the service manager is going to remove the radio from it and put it in my friends 07 and see if it works. If so then they will know it is the radio. I don't believe it is but will find out. I think it's pretty crappy to tell you that you can't send a radio back if that is what they think is wrong. Yamaha ought to do better than that.

Hmm....would not go any further with this shop. They trouble shoot by changing parts. If you can afford it go for it. :080402gudl_prv:

As I mentioned in previous post, the dealer has an 07 venture for sale. He took the controller off the bike and installed it on my friends bike. Still no sound. The dealer then took the amp from the bike for sale and installed it on friends bike. All works good now. The sound is back. Bad news. A new amp from yamaha is $1,489.99. My friend had a harley and after riding my venture he sold the harley because it was so expensive to have any work done on it and bought a 07 venture. He is pretty disgusted with the venture now saying it's no different than the harley as far as expenses. Last summer he went out west and the shock went bad. Cost him almost $1,000 by the time he paid for the shock, overnight deliver and installation. I hope I never have something like this to happen.

These things are available from Pinwall and others on E-bay for a much more reasonable price. And they are not very hard to install. Since the bike is running I don't see any urgency to getting the job done. Especially since I will bet the dealer will have to order the parts anyway.

Mike

As I mentioned in previous post, the dealer has an 07 venture for sale. He took the controller off the bike and installed it on my friends bike. Still no sound. The dealer then took the amp from the bike for sale and installed it on friends bike. All works good now. The sound is back. Bad news. A new amp from yamaha is $1,489.99. My friend had a harley and after riding my venture he sold the harley because it was so expensive to have any work done on it and bought a 07 venture. He is pretty disgusted with the venture now saying it's no different than the harley as far as expenses. Last summer he went out west and the shock went bad. Cost him almost $1,000 by the time he paid for the shock, overnight deliver and installation. I hope I never have something like this to happen.

That kind of money was spent because he didn't pay his $12 for VR.org. :stickpoke:

Pinwall Cycle to the rescue. $150.00

Oh, and FYI - Hagan Shocks replacement/upgrade - $400. Rebuildable. Usually in stock in the US.

Edited by RedRider

The $12.00 for venturerider.org didn't have anything to do with it. I have posted several times regarding this issue and received no information that would have kept him from going to the dealer. There are amps on ebay for much less but he is afraid a used amp make not last.

Hey RedRider,

The part you show from pinwall is the radio, not the amp. The amps on ebay run around $400.00.

Upon further review, the part I was showing is the CB control. Hmmm. Here we are. In the manual it is referred to as the Radio Main Control Unit. On the Yamaha phish it is referred to as Amp, Power. This is the part that goes in the faring - correct?

Again, at Pinwall Radio Main Control Unit also $150.

RR

P.S. I was just teasing with the $12 comment - kind of. Don't recall the issue coming up with your friend previously or I would have helped at the time. Yes, it must be frustrating to have a machine with a reputation for reliability cause such expensive problems.

The p/n for the power amp for a 2007 is

4XY-88132-01-00 AMP. POWER

Look at the sticker on the "Radio" Pinwall is selling....its the same unit.

If your friend wants to go to the dealer and ask to see his old amp...compare to picture.

Personally I would hate to buy a new $1400 unit and find out something else on the bike fried it.

Edited by Neil86