IGNORED

I - 77 traffic for Vutginia

Skid

Does anyone have good alternative route between Pigeon Forge to West Virginia since the Virginia tunnel is shut down.

Go up I81 and get off at exit 57 towards Kingsport on I26/23N.

Stay on 23N and it will also pick up 119. After Pikeville, KY, stay right on 119.

In Charleston, hit I79 to I79 to 4 and then you are home.

This is a very nice ride.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing you at Asheville.

RandyA

They normally just run both directions through one tunnel. So you would still be able to pass. They said a few days. Whats the chance that would happen? A fire on a truck right in the tunnel. like dude, why did you stop IN the tunnel!.

Get on I-81, stay on it to Marion Va. Take Rt16 from Marion, VA to Beckley, WV. At Beckley pick which interstate gets you to where you need to be. This route will clearly take you longer, but Rt16 is a simply wonderful ride. In fact the first 33 miles is refered to as 'Back of the Dragon'. If you want a t-shirt for the ride... stop in Thompson Country Store shortly before you get to Tazewell, VA

WOOHOO! Nothing like running the Back of the Dragon in a big SUV.

WHAT DA HECK YA DOIN IN AN SUV SKID??:confused24:

Not to :stirthepot: or nuttin (wouldnt want to do that) but you kinda got me wondering.. Do those new Harley's come with a :mytruck1: in the riding technique section of their owners manuals? Not trying to start anything here, but, I happen to notice a lot of that riding technique being applied every year when we are going to and from the Sturgis Rally,,, always wondered about it..

Be safe out there brother!

Puc

LOL the last week has been a family vacation (plus mother-in-law) in Gatlinburg, and ended up getting a Nissan Armada for a rental. Not the best vehicle for the twisties

Edited by Skid