IGNORED

Throttle cable

While pulling my carbs, I noticed the pull cable running from the junction box to the carb has a frayed wire. In looking at the diagram, it looks like I may need #3 in one picture and maybe #4 in another picture. Can anyone confirm which one I need and the best place to get it?

Thanks,

RandyA

While pulling my carbs, I noticed the pull cable running from the junction box to the carb has a frayed wire. In looking at the diagram, it looks like I may need #3 in one picture and maybe #4 in another picture. Can anyone confirm which one I need and the best place to get it?

Thanks,

RandyA

Randy, A better description might be pull on from the grip, pull off from the grip, pull on from the box, and pull off from the box. With no pic it's tough to 'see' which one you're refering to...?? I had one fray on the '99 and it bound up tighter than a frogs a$$.....

While pulling my carbs, I noticed the pull cable running from the junction box to the carb has a frayed wire.

Randy, A better description might be pull on from the grip, pull off from the grip, pull on from the box, and pull off from the box. With no pic it's tough to 'see' which one you're refering to...?? I had one fray on the '99 and it bound up tighter than a frogs a$$.....

OK,

RandyA

Randy,

I believe the lower pull cable is 'number 3'. It is different from 'number 4' because 'number 3' has an adjuster on the carb end. For your 1983, the part number for 'number 3' is 26H-26313-00-00, but of course it is obsolete. If you are seeking the 'number 3' cable for the 1985, the part number is 41V-26313-00-00, and it is listed as available on Boats.net.

But, I suspect that you are looking for the 1983 cables, right?

I know you frequent eBay a lot, so you have probably seen this 1983 complete throttle cable set (all four cables with junction union). I couldn't see any fraying on this set. Cheap too!

Here's another set, again looks good and it too is inexpensive.

Edited by Prairiehammer

• 2 weeks later...
Randy,

I believe the lower pull cable is 'number 3'. It is different from 'number 4' because 'number 3' has an adjuster on the carb end. For your 1983, the part number for 'number 3' is 26H-26313-00-00, but of course it is obsolete. If you are seeking the 'number 3' cable for the 1985, the part number is 41V-26313-00-00, and it is listed as available on Boats.net.

But, I suspect that you are looking for the 1983 cables, right?

I know you frequent eBay a lot, so you have probably seen this 1983 complete throttle cable set (all four cables with junction union). I couldn't see any fraying on this set. Cheap too!

Here's another set, again looks good and it too is inexpensive.

Thanks Kevin for posting this. I ended buying one of these complete sets and using the whole thing. All the cables were in very good condition. This really helped me out when doing my engine swap.

RandyA