IGNORED

Leveling Links

Anyone on here selling leveling links for a 2008 Royal Star Venture. I noticed that mine sits back, and considering I ride 2 up alot id like to level it out

You do know your steering will be lighter and you will have more lean angle available to you?

That's ok right?

VentureFar...

Rick Butler- the original designer of the leveling links is making them again at 1/2 the Diamond price.

VentureFar...

Really, I don't see them listed on his items for sale...

I did see he had a few left over at one point, and he was selling them off at 1/2, but those are long gone..

• 1 month later...
I lowered the forks in the triple tree. Same effect, less $$$

That's not entirely correct. The effect on handling will be the same but you lose some ground clearance whereas using levelling links will gain you a bit more clearance. It may not be much but doing the Dragon last September without my links, I could really have used the extra bit of clearance - especially on the one right hander about halfway down! :shock3:

Andy

That's not entirely correct. The effect on handling will be the same but you lose some ground clearance whereas using levelling links will gain you a bit more clearance. It may not be much but doing the Dragon last September without my links, I could really have used the extra bit of clearance - especially on the one right hander about halfway down! :shock3:

Andy

If your inseam challenged, raising a high seated bike just makes it worse. I took mine off and pushed the forks up higher in the trees. Never had a clearance issue yet. Bike handles in my opinion way better than with the links.

If your inseam challenged, raising a high seated bike just makes it worse. I took mine off and pushed the forks up higher in the trees. Never had a clearance issue yet. Bike handles in my opinion way better than with the links.

Yeah, I can see where that would be a problem. In my case I can just about flatfoot it at a stop so I'm OK. I have touched the floorboards down on occasion so I really wanted the extra clearance. I belong to the Gold Wing Road Riders Association and some of the guys in our chapter ride their 1800's like sport bikes. Of course, their bikes have stiff frames, good suspension and a surprising amount of ground clearance, so staying caught up can be a bit of a challenge at times. The levelling links really helped me there.

Andy